aberdeen-music

Cover songs...

HateEvent

Hello peoples. Just been thinking, I'm gonna be getting gigs up and running soonish hopefully and was wondering, whats the deal on covering songs? Is it greatly frowned upon or welcomed? Like for instance to maybe have an 8 song set and play original, cover, original, original, cover, original, cover, original. Would that be bad? Cos me and my drummer have been changing about some parts of songs and think it would be stupid to neglect them for playing live. What do you people with more knowledge/ experience think? James

re

We were thinking one Metallica, one Slayer, one Pantera. That kinda thing. Shows that we can pull off the different stuff aswell sorta thing. And obviously originals too. Keep replies coming dudes, I wanna know how the majority would take to the idea, cos we don't wanna get slaughtered as you're saying. James

I wouldn't recommend doing any very well known songs, for example, if you were to cover Slayer, I'd probably prefer to see something other then Angel Of Death, Raining Blood or South of Heaven. Or maybe that's just me, but it puts me off sometimes when I see bands doing it. Plus if you were to go for something a little more obscure, you could mess up, knowing that most of the crowd won't know it anyway. :up:

re

Yeah i totally understand the not playing of famous songs. For slayer, it'd prob be spirit in black, skeletons of society or postmortem. For metallica it'd be no remorse, blackened or holier than thou. Pantera would be domination, strength beyond strength or fucking hostile. What metallica and slayer and pantera songs usually get played? James