aberdeen-music

Bleeding Through + Cult Of Luna @ Moshulu - Sunday 13th February 2005.

Ross

You have got it wrong' date=' i look for bands that offer something new on the scene, too many try to copy each other. Original bands such as tool, massive attack, halo, nine inch nails, oceansize, pig destroyer, neurosis, radiohead.[/quote']

Dude, nobody can truly offer up something completely original, each of the bands you list have taken influences from elsewhere. It would be fairer to say that you look for bands that 'grab' you. None of the above bands are bad though don't get me wrong i like them all.

:up:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bands tend not to copy each other, i'd say they were more influenced by other artists.

And I guarantee all the bands you mentioned as original sound like other bands too, or have been influenced by other bands in similar genres. Radiohead? Original? They sounded like every other shoegazing band band back in the 90's.... sure they went all wierd recently, but nothing original, just a change of direction, as most bands tend to do at some point.

Dude' date=' nobody can truly offer up something completely original, each of the bands you list have taken influences from elsewhere. It would be fairer to say that you look for bands that 'grab' you. None of the above bands are bad though don't get me wrong i like them all.

:up:[/quote']

I've yet to hear a band that sounds like tool tho......

True they might of been inspired, but i really do think tool have taken inspiration from alot of different artists and put it into on big idea that i really haven't heard before and don't think i ever will

True they might of been inspired' date=' but i really do think tool have taken inspiration from alot of different artists and put it into on big idea that i really haven't heard before and don't think i ever will[/quote']

Not what i meant. But you can hear the zep influences, sabbath influences etc in tools music. and you pointed out that you listen to music that is 'original', tool are awesome but i wouldn't say they were 100% original.

Do you mean EXACTLY like Tool, or similar? Cos Earthtone 9 sound similar to Tool in places. Both bands are awesome...

I'd also like to add that originality doesn't necessarily equate to 'good-ness'.

I could fart a symphony whilst scratching some decks with a violin bow and it would be original... though I highly doubt it would be in any way beneficial to the world of music.

Original Tickets are sadly not valid.

Apologies..... This is due to Cult Of Luna costing a lot more than November Coiming Fire who were the original support.

Didn't get Hondo as people didn't go to the Alexisonfire/Bled gig so why should I be offered a gig by the booking agent if people weren't up for AOF/Bled.

bleeding-through-cult-poster.jpg

Didn't get Hondo as people didn't go to the Alexisonfire/Bled gig so why should I be offered a gig by the booking agent if people weren't up for AOF/Bled.

u not think you're maybe trying to put on too many of these 'bigger' gigs? there's just not a big enough 'alternative' gigging population in the 'deen to fill yer massive venue over and over is there really? you must lose out a lot - and as you said you dont get offered stuff again by the agent and then aberdeen gets looked upon as shit! ive only been in aberdeen since last year and the no crowd, no-atmosphere vibe ive encountered a few times really puts me off goin to gigs up here

u not think you're maybe trying to put on too many of these 'bigger' gigs? there's just not a big enough 'alternative' gigging population in the 'deen to fill yer massive venue over and over is there really? you must lose out a lot - and as you said you dont get offered stuff again by the agent and then aberdeen gets looked upon as shit! ive only been in aberdeen since last year and the no crowd' date=' no-atmosphere vibe ive encountered a few times really puts me off goin to gigs up here[/quote']

i know, lets just all stop booking any gigs at all then will we?! :rolleyes::ding: