aberdeen-music

Bleeding Through + Cult Of Luna @ Moshulu - Sunday 13th February 2005.

Ross

Bleeding Through are neither emo or hardcore. I dare not categorsie them because someone will lose the rag and spew shit over it. The most effective description? Crushing riffs' date=' breakneck drums and a bear on vocals. :up:

All the 'core' bashing around here makes me sick. Agreed, it's more fashionable than Burberry at it's peak but not all of it is shit. Back up and [i']shut up.

Well said sir.

Also I might add that BT's haunting keyboards make them stand out from the crowd (in terms of what they sound like rather than actual 'better-ness')

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleeding Through are neither emo or hardcore. I dare not categorsie them because someone will lose the rag and spew shit over it. The most effective description? Crushing riffs' date=' breakneck drums and a bear on vocals. :up:

All the 'core' bashing around here makes me sick. Agreed, it's more fashionable than Burberry at it's peak but not all of it is shit. Back up and [i']shut up.

How can you state that they aren't one or the other then have no clue to what genre they belong to? Thats utter rubbish

I find it immensly funny to think that some people spaz-out just because they cann't pigeon-hole a certain band. 'Oh no they don't fit into Emo or Hardcore...and somebody called them metal...but i hate metal...therfor i must hate this band also, even though when i listened to them i actually quite liked them...i'm so confused i think my head is goping to explode'. Here's my advice, break-free from the mould, a band does not need to fit into a genre they simlply need to be good. Its called progression, when something cannot be put into previously defined categories then over time a new category name will be created by some scenster somewhere just to help you out. But until then just face the facts that C.O.L are coming to destroy you and leave it at that.

How can you state that they aren't one or the other then have no clue to what genre they belong to? Thats utter rubbish

You are such a pretentious git ALL the time' date=' do you never tire of yourself?

Your words make you sound like an almighty ultra-obscure band follower but yet you can't comprehend when people talk about bands [i']not subscribing to a particular genre. No doubt you'll have some sort of retort to this (as you always do) but just stop and think before you speak, please. Please?

You are such a pretentious git ALL the time' date=' do you never tire of yourself?

Your words make you sound like an almighty ultra-obscure band follower but yet you can't comprehend when people talk about bands [i']not subscribing to a particular genre. No doubt you'll have some sort of retort to this (as you always do) but just stop and think before you speak, please. Please?

If you can't back up your statements with an answer of your own then it's simple, don't bother. Saying it's not emo or hardcore then having no alternate answer is so utterly pointless, or don't you see that?

If you can't back up your statements with an answer of your own then it's simple' date=' don't bother. Saying it's not emo or hardcore then having no alternate answer is so utterly pointless, or don't you see that?[/quote']

dude, just leave it will you. you don't have to pidgeon-hole everything for god's sake. it goes into whatever you want it to, there's no fucking rules.

oh, shit i forgot. we've got to run this sort of shit by you first!!

sorry.

:moody:

dude' date=' just leave it will you. you don't have to pidgeon-hole everything for god's sake. it goes into whatever you want it to, there's no fucking rules.

oh, shit i forgot. we've got to run this sort of shit by you first!!

sorry.

:moody:[/quote']

So please be honest here right, if everything wasnt pigeon holed, that would mean all records shops having a a-z of all genre's, would you approve of that?

I don't have a problem with that' date=' i know my alphabet and generally know what i'm looking for. So what's your point?[/quote']

So having some torsofuck next to say travis would be ok?!

I think genres are a good guideline to what people would like so they can check out bands in the same genre and not buy something which is crap in their eyes

So having some torsofuck next to say travis would be ok?!

I think genres are a good guideline to what people would like so they can check out bands in the same genre and not buy something which is crap in their eyes

good point man, but they're not designed to be used as tools to slag people off because you disagree with whatever genre they put bands in. eliminating genres might get rid of people acting like you.

If you can't back up your statements with an answer of your own then it's simple' date=' don't bother. Saying it's not emo or hardcore then having no alternate answer is so utterly pointless, or don't you see that?[/quote']

Why does music HAVE to fit into a category? Does it scare you if music can't be placed within certain brackets? Oh shit - do you have to decide for yourself if you enjoy it or not?

Bleeding Through have been placed under many banners - I don't care much for genre defining, who cares what type of music it is?! Whether it appeals to you or not should be the main point here, whether a band can rock out or not. :up:

So please be honest here right' date=' if everything wasnt pigeon holed, that would mean all records shops having a a-z of all genre's, would you approve of that?[/quote']

What are you talking about? Do you mean would we approve if stores got rid of record categories? I buy music I've heard and liked - not if it's located under the tab of the latest fad, trusting to fashion. How about you?

Why does music HAVE to fit into a category? Does it scare you if music can't be placed within certain brackets? Oh shit - do you have to decide for yourself if you enjoy it or not?

Bleeding Through have been placed under many banners - I don't care much for genre defining' date=' who cares what type of music it is?! Whether it appeals to you or not should be the main point here, whether a band can rock out or not. :up:

What are you talking about? Do you mean would we approve if stores got rid of record categories? I buy music I've heard and liked - not if it's located under the tab of the latest fad, trusting to fashion. How about you?[/quote']

Going by your statement have you ever liked any grindcore or thrashmetal? How varied is your musical taiste? I listen to lots of genre's.

I check out the bands on the net first, then if its good i buy it. All releases i listen to are tagged

Going by your statement have you ever liked any grindcore or thrashmetal? How varied is your musical taiste? I listen to lots of genre's.

I check out the bands on the net first' date=' then if its good i buy it. All releases i listen to are tagged[/quote']

Sometimes I have yeah. I'm not an avid fan, but I tap into it sometimes. I've been in love with The Black Dahlia Murder for the best part of a year, 'Unhallowed' is fantastic (don't know if you'd classify them as grind). I've been introduced to bigger names like Pig Destroyer and such, but I'm definitely more a hardcore fan myself.

Different genres? I'm not going to pretend I listen to everything under the sun but I own some blues, a little jazz, IDM, pop-punk, trip-hop, old/new-school/speed metal. Damn I'll even get down to some pop once in a while if the bassline swings me. :rolleyes:

Basically all I'm saying is not everything needs to be tagged. I'm aware that categorising bands helps out when searching for new music but that's not all it's about. It just seems that if a band falls under any sort of hardcore tag you instantly slander them. Give them a chance once in a while. :up:

god forbid bands incorporating different styles

is that why you don't like them because you can't put a label on their sound?

You have got it wrong, i look for bands that offer something new on the scene, too many try to copy each other. Original bands such as tool, massive attack, halo, nine inch nails, oceansize, pig destroyer, neurosis, radiohead.