aberdeen-music

Bleeding Through + Cult Of Luna @ Moshulu - Sunday 13th February 2005.

Ross

no..hold on.

I think that reply (under the DR DRAKE account) is not fair. Epicircus has a valid point in a way you know. Even if it wasnt a valid point he is entitled to say that considering its not a ridiculous or spiteful statement.

I think its awesome that Ross does what he does...BUT its apparent that maybe the population is something that affects shows you know. The fact that there isnt that many people here period...you see the point now?

NOT SCOTT POSTING THIS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe this is why i never get caught up in posting much, never comes across as is meant!!!! was merely a fleeting comment (you cant blame me for wanting to stick up from a promotor/venue's point of view!) - and i was chuckling as i was posting!! no biggy....

and yes, i know ALL TO WELL about low attendances at gigs (!) and i get his point COMPLETELY!!

sharon :love:

The only gigs that seem to be really badly attended are all the hardcore (or whatever the fuck genre/sub genre/cliche they are being called today) shows.

I just don't think Aberdeen has enough people who like this genre of music.

Shows like alexisonfire/the bled would have been better for kef perhaps? Moshulu has no atmosphere when there are only 100/200 people there.

Sikth last year (or this, I can't remember) was dead, norma jean didn't exactly pull a massive crowd either. I'm sure there are plenty more examples.

Mac does have a point. It sucks.

what does pull though? I mean even the skate/pop/ska bands that used to pack out lave/kef/glow dont pull like they used to IN ABERDEEN. It seems that people split themselves so far down into genres of what they like that they only go to a very limited amount of shows. I think these people are denying themselves what they want to like or REALLY like in alot of cases. Its quite sad.

I mean...in January we have an amazing show coming up at Kef. Two bands i LOVE, underoath and roses are red are playing along with a band i really quite like, silverstein and also a pretty big UK band, the hurt process. All at one show. That bill is pretty much modern day post hardcore heaven. Ill be VERY suprised if it does 200...100 even actually.

Glasgow...it will sell out or be upgraded...mark my words. Its sad.

NOT SCOTT POSTING

Shows like alexisonfire/the bled would have been better for kef perhaps? Moshulu has no atmosphere when there are only 100/200 people there.

Sikth last year (or this' date=' I can't remember) was dead, norma jean didn't exactly pull a massive crowd either. I'm sure there are plenty more examples.[/quote']

yeah i know-it's a shame.tends to be a lot of the bands that are involved in discusson a lot so maybe people would go have a listen out of curiosity at least.i dunno.i was under the impression that a lot of people liked the bled/norma jean/sikth etc yet hardly anyone showed.muchos frustration.

it'a a shame cos if turnouts are always really low all these awesome bands like the bled might not come back :'(

yeah i know-it's a shame.tends to be a lot of the bands that are involved in discusson a lot so maybe people would go have a listen out of curiosity at least.i dunno.i was under the impression that a lot of people liked the bled/norma jean/sikth etc yet hardly anyone showed.muchos frustration.

it'a a shame cos if turnouts are always really low all these awesome bands like the bled might not come back :'(

Now you know how drakes feels then eh? Offcourse you wouldn't know that because you only check out bands that are in a "trend" one thing drakes doesn't have much of it's about the music there and not some mtv/kerrang fucking image

Now you know how drakes feels then eh? Offcourse you wouldn't know that because you only check out bands that are in a "trend" one thing drakes doesn't have much of it's about the music there and not some mtv/kerrang fucking image

You're right...

???????? Coming up in march' date=' converge? WHERE![/quote']

..actually no, you're full of shit. Converge are currently the subject of mass rape from any magazine currently in touch with the hardcore fashion. No slant on Converge, just Rune.

You're right...

..actually no' date=' you're full of shit. Converge are currently the subject of mass rape from any magazine currently in touch with the hardcore fashion. No slant on Converge, just Rune.[/quote']

Connected to the same arsehole and talking the same shit must be a hard life eh ;)

As i dont buy into the media your comment doesn't mean anything. Don't need some journalist/tv station for me to get new shit. Don't believe in brainwashing you see and i have my own mind. In short your reply aint shit

jesus FUCKING christ!!!

you fucking know me and have seen me in drakes-used to hang with martin remember??!!!

holy fuck you are so fucking tiresome!get a fucking grip!!!

i actually do go to drakes a fair bit and like stuff that has a media following as well as stuff that doesn't.

in fact i like all types of music-even stuff you like-remember the aereogramme gig back in kef aaaaages ago when there was like three people there for example?

why do you always have such a problem with anything anybody says?

when the fuck will you just give it a rest-it's not about a trend-it's about hearing music and thinking "yeah,this does something for me"

so i like the bled.shoot me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

there-got a reaction from me.satisfied?!i ain't gonna argue with you any more

jesus FUCKING christ!!!

you fucking know me and have seen me in drakes-used to hang with martin remember??!!!

holy fuck you are so fucking tiresome!get a fucking grip!!!

i actually do go to drakes a fair bit and like stuff that has a media following as well as stuff that doesn't.

in fact i like all types of music-even stuff you like-remember the aereogramme gig back in kef aaaaages ago when there was like three people there for example?

why do you always have such a problem with anything anybody says?

when the fuck will you just give it a rest-it's not about a trend-it's about hearing music and thinking "yeah' date='this does something for me"

so i like the bled.shoot me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

there-got a reaction from me.satisfied?!i ain't gonna argue with you any more[/quote']

LOL cool the jets baby ;)

No i've not seen you there, Dont take it personal i just dont like the mtv/kerrang kiddies pop generation.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Surely the fact that Aberdeen's a lot smaller and has a smaller population than half these other cities the tour was on (Glasgow, Manchester etc.) reflects the fact there was a poorer turn out. Makes a bit more sense than "there aren't enough scene kids in Aberdeen"...

I dunno if the venues were bigger in these other cities or not... Just seemed pretty obvious.