aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
metallica_jaco

for you metal fans - Metal Legends

Who in your metalhead minds are metal legends. My metal legend is Dave Mustaine. He has always kept to his routes, not changing around his ways of music to suite peoples tastes of today. He is a metal nailer. Long live Megadeth, cant wait to see them in February, its gonna own!

Marty Friedman, but not only because of his Megadeth days- some of his solo stuff is excellent aswell, although it gets a little repetitive. He's just a really beautiful sounding guitar player, like he incorporates the melody well with the aggressive element that Megadeth have/had/whatever.

Devin Townsend. He has battled through mental illness (Bipolar Disorder) He releases around 2 albums every year, sometimes more. Brilliant sense of humour, has Gene Hoglan as his Drummer. Spends a great deal of time making OTT albums. Has passed out and shit his pants when trying to scream really hard. Hasnt got a big ego.

Who in your metalhead minds are metal legends. My metal legend is Dave Mustaine. He has always kept to his routes' date=' not changing around his ways of music to suite peoples tastes of today. He is a metal nailer. Long live Megadeth, cant wait to see them in February, its gonna own![/quote']

well, i feel a few Deth albums are kinda mainstream - they definitely changed their sound away from the pure thrash of the 80s to some much more melodic and dare I say 'radio-friendly' stuff such as Risk & Cryptic writings???

But yeah Mustaine kicks ass.

My legend has to be................

wots ur feelings on Kirk Hammett? Marty Friedman completely owns Kirk Hammett in my opinion. So does Mustaine

Forgive me for not getting into this.

wots ur feelings on Kirk Hammett? Marty Friedman completely owns Kirk Hammett in my opinion. So does Mustaine

I like Marty Friedman a lot more, I'm just really into that Eastern sound he gets and he has more melody and variety in his soloing than Kirk Hammet does, but both are great in their own right.

Forgive me for not getting into this.

But i will :)

No point being a better guitar player if your Musics SHIT!!!!!!!! except pre-Countdown and some of Youthanasia obviously :rolleyes:

I agree. My pick would be Steve Harris for obvious reasons

Hmmm' date=' cheers Demon of the Fall, although I am, and was quite talentless in that photo, I'll accept entry into the legends of Metal list.

Some would think you were taking the piss man....... :rolleyes:[/quote']

na dude, me and dayeth agreed you were a legend

and they dont come much more metal :up:

Or buff!

I shall nominate Dino Cazares for being the biggest metal legend of all time.

...so big that when he sits around the magnificently appointed Tuscan villa, he sits AROUND the magnificently appointed Tuscan villa.