aberdeen-music

Should we eat Meat?

Birdman

Guest allsystemsfail
the thing is a tiger wouldn't think twice about eating me if it were hungry and i was lying bleeding in the middle of the rain-forest' date=' yet i cannot eat i tiger when i am hungry...so i'll have to settle for chickens and cows, theres more of them anyway.[/quote']

Go see my last post. I doubt also that you're gonna find yourself bleeding in a forest inhabited by tigers anytime soon.

And regarding farmed animals such as chickens and cattle - does their number then determine their treatment?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allsystemsfail
an the whole arrogance thing is stupid' date=' just because somebody belives they are more musically talented than other people thus decide to form a band to prove it, your arrogant carnivore theory would say he shouldn't be aloud to make music...sound fucked up, is fucked up, probably doesn't make sense.[/quote']

To believe that as humans - by the very fact that we are human, we can do as we please with other living creatures is indeed arrogance.

thing is i don't have anything against vegetarians, i jts don't want to be one, so i take offence to peoiple who think that because they'rte views are right and mine are wrong i should change. The whole idea of not eating meat sounds boring, think of all the dishes you can create around meat. So i guess i'd rather be arrogant than bored.

It is ridiculous to compare the eating habits of humans with that of animals. Non human animals eat flesh as they must. They do so instinctively. They cannot consider as we can.

You don't think humans have the instinct to eat meat too? Sure, animals bred for food should be treated humanely, but there's nothing wrong with eating them.

i also realise that i have been workin on a law assignment for 8 hours and thus have lost all clear/coherant thought patterns and thus am starting to lose touch with reality. So your probably right, i eat meat therfore i'm a bastard. Damn me for obeying my natural instincts. Maybe we should all have our teeth filed down as babies so that everyone had to be veggie and had no other choice.

i also realise that i have been workin on a law assignment for 8 hours and thus have lost all clear/coherant thought patterns and thus am starting to lose touch with reality. So your probably right' date=' i eat meat therfore i'm a bastard. Damn me for obeying my natural instincts. Maybe we should all have our teeth filed down as babies so that everyone had to be veggie and had no other choice.[/quote']

hahahahaaha :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Guest allsystemsfail
no but the fact that they cannot exist in the wild and depend on the farmer to provide for them does' date=' they are farm animals bred for human consumption.[/quote']

Your right, these animals have indeed been raised for the dinner table. However, that should not mean that we forget how they reached the dinner table.

Guest allsystemsfail
thing is i don't have anything against vegetarians' date=' i jts don't want to be one, so i take offence to peoiple who think that because they'rte views are right and mine are wrong i should change. The whole idea of not eating meat sounds boring, think of all the dishes you can create around meat. So i guess i'd rather be arrogant than bored.[/quote']

And think of the dishes a person can create without meat. I ate meat for the first 20 years of my life, so am well aware of the differences - the greater invention and creativity. Don't knock it if ya ain't tried it.

Look, I ain't got a problem with folks who eat meat. I got friends who do. However, I just wanna say that those who do choose to eat meat should consider how those animals were treated - the conditions in which they were reared, methods of slaughter etc. They must also consider the environmental implications, how people go hungry as land that could feed many is set aside for growing feed for animals so that we may eat meat.

Guest allsystemsfail
i also realise that i have been workin on a law assignment for 8 hours and thus have lost all clear/coherant thought patterns and thus am starting to lose touch with reality. So your probably right' date=' i eat meat therfore i'm a bastard. Damn me for obeying my natural instincts. Maybe we should all have our teeth filed down as babies so that everyone had to be veggie and had no other choice.[/quote']

A bastard coz you eat meat? I don't think that at all.

Guest allsystemsfail
You don't think humans have the instinct to eat meat too? Sure' date=' animals bred for food should be treated humanely, but there's nothing wrong with eating them.[/quote']

Do we crave the hunt - to stalk and kill our prey? Non human animals must do so if they are to survive. Our survival does not demand this.

It's strange how life turns out. You think you have a handle on the world and then it goes and shifts on you. Maybe it's the world, maybe it's me - probably a bit of both. When I was a kid I thought pop and rockstars were naturally more intelligent human beings than us mere plebs. I think I was around twelve when I started to realise that 95% of them were dimwitted, self-serving arsewipes, just like normal people.

I grew up feeling isolated, the only vegetarian kid in Lincoln in the 70s and 80s. Then when I got to 17, 18 years old all of a sudden everybody seemed to stop eating meat, it was wonderful, I thought the world was changing. I had no carnivore friends, never slept with a girl who ate meat, and remember when I invited some people around and discovered one was a carnivore I panicked - I mean, what do those people eat?

Now of course the axis seems to have shifted again and all of a sudden I'm a crank, I'm the wierdo for checking the ingredients on my kids' sweets because they might have crushed up bovine spines (how do vegetarians get BSE? Duh.) or beetles in them.

I'm not presenting a case here - if you don't give a fuck what you put in your mouth, it's no skin off my nose. I'm just musing on how I see life. One thing that does piss me off though is that for 25 years I've for some reason had to justify what I eat, the boring, 'So why are you a vegetarian? Aren't you tempted by the smell of bacon?' questions coming up time after time ad nauseum. For the record, the smell of bacon turns my stomach, it's too close to the smell that comes from crematorium chimneys.

Guest allsystemsfail
I didn't say abused...

but' date=' we've had this discussion before.

pull out yer k-9's and live that veggie life.[/quote']

The use of animals for whatever purpose does indeed involve cruelty.

But anyway, as you've said we've been through this before.

I was a vegetarian for years, but then became anaemic and had to stop, although i was taking "iron supplements" it just wasn't enough, so I had to give up being a vegetarian and start eating meat.

I did this for my health, if circumstances were different I would remain vegetarian, but I can't...

I basically believe that it is each to their own...I don't like the guilt that -I- feel when I eat meat, knowing it was once alive, but others obviously don't feel this...

If you want to be a vegetarian/vegan, be one, but I don't believe in imposing your beliefs on non-vegetarians, preaching to people about them being cruel by eating meat; it's everyone's right to eat what they wish(well apart from cannibals)..

But what -really- annoys me, is those "vegetarians" that eat fish, you're -not- a vegetarian, so whatIt's okay for you to eat the little animals, but not the big ones...Is that it?! I think that if you are a -real- vegetarian, you do it because you don't believe in killing living things, then you shouldn't eat anything (besides from plants-obviously) that is/was alive.

Everyone is different, everyone has different beliefs, which is why people shouldnt try and claim the entire population should all be vegetarians, or claim the entire population should eat meat, its the choice of the individual.... :up:

yes. meat is so good. i fucking can't stand the stupid vegitarians who are like "eurgh don't eat meat save the cows" and try to make you feel guilty for eating a burger. eurgh i hate them. along with stupid feminists. but thats totally different. i mean stupid vegetarians- its not like i go around trying to force them to eat meat so why do they try to stop me from doing it? i'm not injuring anyone. and that arguement "how would you like it if u were that chicken?" well chances are i'm never gonna BE that chciken so why do i fricking care. how do we even know if chickens have fucking feelings? GOD those vegitarians annoy the shit out of me.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'm not a vegetarian, but there's one thing that pisses me off about people and that's those who call themselves "animal lovers" yet still eat meat. Fucking sycophantic hypocrites. Yeah, you love all the cute, fluffy animals but still eat other ones.

I'm not a vegetarian' date=' but there's one thing that pisses me off about people and that's those who call themselves "animal lovers" yet still eat meat. Fucking sycophantic hypocrites. Yeah, you love all the cute, fluffy animals but still eat other ones.[/quote']

I love animals....especially with some potatoes

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I like to cook whole cows' date=' eat what I want...then throw the rest away. I don't like the idea of a predetermined amount of steak that you will eat.[/quote']

Dayeth's steak options:

1. Blue

2. Rare

3. Medium

4. Well done.

5. Just cut its head off and wipe its arse and I'll do the rest.