aberdeen-music

Should we eat Meat?

Birdman

Guest Savant
why bother eating meat when you have such a selection of other foods?

'Cos meat tastes good.

the reason why we have teeth to eat meat is purely from the reason we have evolved from the times where we HAD to eat meat to survive.

Surely it's more work to eat meat than it is to eat a vegetable? You don't have to catch & kill a vegetable...

what satisfaction do you get out of eating somthing that had a life?

It makes me feel superior.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking the other day after eating veal that i know it's really horrible the way they keep the baby calves on chains, unable to get much exercise, but you know, if that's what they have to do to make the meat as tender and delicious as it is, then i'm all for it. just have to hope i don't come back as a veal in my next life.

I'm not implying that all veggies are, but has anyone noticed that a hell of a lot of vegetarians are girls aged between 14 and 18, and that when they choose to be a veggie its clearly more of an attention seeking, 'wow this is an interesting thing I can say about myself' thing as opposed to a strong moral objection to eating meat.

My mates ex swore blind she was a veggie but yet when she got hammered used to eat the doner meat off his kebab after a night out, and 'ate fish, chicken and sometimes bacon'. Hmmm.....

Mike

Chunks of meat growing a lab sounds freaky to me' date=' although Im very interested to find out more about it. Where did you read about that? I dont fancy that at all and agree with the person above about the smell putting me off. Why dont you just eat a meat alternative. Fake chickens are tasty![/quote']

I cant remember! I just saw it at work and read the front article, then a customer came in and accused me of reading the paper..ppffft. I think it was the Guardian. It did say that at the moment, it costs thousands just to grow the blob of goo and stretch it, but eventually could solve world hunger blah blah.

It just buggers the whole argument of "I'm a veggie because I dont agree to the suffering the animals put up with" when a steak could be grown...

i was thinking the other day after eating veal that i know it's really horrible the way they keep the baby calves on chains' date=' unable to get much exercise, but you know, if that's what they have to do to make the meat as tender and delicious as it is, then i'm all for it. just have to hope i don't come back as a veal in my next life.[/quote']

OOOOH YEAHHH :rockon:

HARDCORE (MEL) INDEED, MUCH :rockon:NESS