aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Which ISS gave birth to the 'through ball' button? That was a game changer.

Notable football games include Fifa 96 and 97, road to world cup 98 (was that the first 'hack' button one?) - you could also ride tackles. There was a trick to bring up everyone on a goal kick so if your opponent kicked it long you got a free kick for offside. Road to world cup 2002 was good for getting proper bend and it had a nice shot power gauge.

This Is Football 2002, the one with Rio Ferdinand on the cover. It had a dive button. If you played a through ball to your striker and timed it just as the defender was about to make a challenge, boom, red card and penalty every time. I used that so much I think Chris Officer punched me once.

I was an Actua Soccer 2 guy. It's a fucking incredible game! I still have a PSOne copy that I fire on every now then. So easy to score from the halfway line -- just make sure you're not facing backwards and unleash the thunderbastard. When I was a kid, I just used to play against San Marino every game because I was a little pussy. I can still name about half of their XI. UGOLINIIIIII!

Who needed a library of thousands of titles like 'Dale Winton's supermarket sweep trolley racing' or 'Virtual Optician 97' you'd play for 5 minutes when you had a handful of quality games that tied you over for years on the N64.

The original Playstation was the Ed Hardy t-shirt of consoles as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1