aberdeen-music

Guitars

Laxton's Superb

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Dean Flying V

Isn't it a baby ML you have? Or am I getting confused. I've got a full sized ML and it's a nice guitar but awkward to transport which is why I also have a light and cheap Ibanez GSA 60 which sounds like a bee in a Quality Street tin half the time. Saving up for a Mexican Tele hopefully in time for next summer.

Only when you sort out the piece of shit bridges on them... the switching system is great though' date=' well, the only bad thing about a jaguar is the awful bridge and shitty tremelo.[/quote']

the tremelo is indeed a let down, still, i've wanted a jag for ages, waited three months for it and it arrived just the other week, well chuffed and no amount of shitty trem's is gonna change that!

B.C Rich Mick Thompson signature (the pish 250 one, my first guitar)

Ibanez RG7420 (7 string, and the main guitar I use)

Ibanez S470DXQM

My best guitar by far is the Ibanez S model. I truely want to get one of those Steve Vai signature 7 strings though. Played one in New York and was able to play without any effort.

i have a westone thunder 1 - this peice of shit 1980s guitar is one of the best ive ever played. i once played some guys 1963 gold top les paul...and it was shit compared to my 80 beauty!

i also have a westone concord which i cut the hed stock up and moved 2 of the machine heads to the other side....this guitar is lovely!

aaaand...i have a bunch of other guitars in bits...including an epiphone explorer....a honer jaguar and a couple of shitty strats....one of which i cut up so its all pointy n stuff.

is that unusual for you N.M or something? :p

Ah nuts, I worded that quite badly. I should have pointed out the fact that the general stuff which I use for some of Evac's songs are a bit of a nightmare when speeded up. Due to the fact that there is no finish on the neck of the guitar I mentioned, it was much easier to play these.

I probably sound a bigger tit than I did before. Never mind. These things happen.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Right now I have a Fender Texas Hot Rod Special Strat, it's the greatest thing i've ever played...

But in the past year I've gone through:

Gibson SG (meh)

Ibanez RG270DX (horrible, got it for free, did it up and sold it on)

Fender Mexican Fat Strat (nice guitar, but it hardly compares to the Hot Rod)

My next purchase is going to be the 72' Re-Issue Deluxe Tele, I also plan on buying a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 amp, the fact that my guitar and this amp have the same name is completely coincidental...

Oh and I never paid over 500 for the Strat or the SG even though they were both brand new ;)

Playing a Jap Tokai Les Paul standard, which compares favourably to a number of Gibsons I've played. Only problem is the really small strap buttons off of which my all-stretched-out strap falls off all the time. Kind of ruins a AAA quilted maple top when it has yellow gaffer tape over it to hold on the strap.

Previous guitars were an 80s Yamaha SG (which I really fucked up the tuning heads on), and a sparkly pink Charvel telecaster with a reversed pointy headstock. Both were good guitars, but the tokai is a step above (and also worth 3x as much) I don't think that the tokai is (objectivley) worth 3 times as much as the others, but that's what you gotta pay (or con your insurance company into paying if you're smart)

Craig

the tremelo is indeed a let down' date=' still, i've wanted a jag for ages, waited three months for it and it arrived just the other week, well chuffed and no amount of shitty trem's is gonna change that![/quote']

well, i tried a japanese jag first because a friend of mine had gotten one, and i really didn't like the tuning problems... so when i saw a modified jag with humbuckers and a decent bridge, i got it. i think my jag has a more similar neck to a mustang though, it's much thinner to previous jaguar necks i've played.

Grolsch bottle tops.

Do they still do them?

I think I've only seen one person use them in the last five years so I'd imagine they're quite rare (or at least a guitar player sober enough to remember to take them off is). I can' recall the last time I saw an old Grolsch bottle but I've got a feeling they're still lurking around.

The same way that crates are quite rare now as well, funny how people always expect bars to have 500 empty beer crates when nowadays nearly all the bottled alcohol is delivered in cardboard boxes, and has been for years.

We can sob into our beers while remembering the old days at THE BIZATHON, round about 4.30ish is good for me.