aberdeen-music

The one band..

Guest gilly

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest killamangiro

To answer the question, i'd have liked to have seen pulp earlier than i did, more songs lifted from 'common people' would've been nice, other than that, hmm.. the smiths, seen morrisey this summer and twas not disappointed, good guy.

I would currently love to see Aerosmith, and I'm praying they come to Britain as they haven't been here for a very long time.

I would have loved to have seen - The Manic Street Preachers around 1993

Elvis Presley in the late 50's - early 60's

And I would have walked over hot coals, bare-footed carrying a fat, naked woman to have seen Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis JR (The Rat Pack) doing their thing at the Sands hotel.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

this argument makes no sense - if you are willing to do anything, travel any distance and spend any amount of money to see a band then you'd have already done it, cunts , so fuck off

my choices

the ramones

spazz

loads more

Obviously (if you know me) Iron Maiden, I've been to Paris to see them, London 3 times, Newcastle and Donington, and doubtless I'll do it again when they tour next year... I'd love to have seen them with Paul Di'anno on vocals, but I wasn't born by the time he left...

I'm thinking about travelling to see Judas Priest and Black Sabbath if they come to Britain again...

I'd love to have seen Zeppelin back in the day...

Past: Manic Street Preachers last gig in 1994 at London Astoria, where they all went fucking mental. Or a gig in 1993, when they still played Sleepflower. Or 1992, when they still played Born To End. Or 1990, when they still insulted the crowds.

The Clash, in the earlier days before America destroyed them.

Faith No More (but not until Mike's voice had broken, so 1992 onwards.)

After that, I'd basically be just naming all my favourite bands.

Present: Tomahawk, for Patton is god. And his crowd banter is second to none.

I've been pretty good at getting to gigs this year, so I don't think there's really anyone I would have to part with much money or travel for miles to see. Although I did consider going to see Patton vs Rahzel in London the day before the Velvet Revolver gig in Glasgow... but that would have been silly.

Past solo artist....Nick Drake.

i think nick drake only performed live somewhere between 20 and 30 times, which would make it pretty special.

(might be wrong though)

i think seeing joy division live would have been an experience you'd always remember about.

I've kinda already done the travelling stupid distance when I went to London to see ICP last November.

I have been considering going to the States for the Gathering of the Juggalos and I have a mate who is also thinkng about it. I've been lucky that any band I've really wanted to see have played either Glasgow or Aberdeen.

Einsturzende Neubauten' date=' because they are simply the most invigorating band live and one of the most rewarding to actually see make the music - The inventiveness adds a whole new level to what you just accept on CD.

And, er, I'm going to go to Berlin in November and see them twice in the gutted shell of the Palast Der Republik. One of those gigs is a supporter only event to help them make things for their new album. Rockin'.[/quote']

ooh that would be interesting indeed :D

and i wish wumpscut would change his mind and put on live shows with a full band - that would be pleasing as well.

incidentally - skinny puppy in the VIVIsectVI days. would love to see nivek hanging from the roof upside down whilst covered in blood screaming away. or being down on the floor and performing a fake vivisection and getting arrested because it looked too realistic!

The mid-sixties Americo-German uber-beat band The Monks: I would travel as far as southern Spain to see them (which I can), and back in time if I could (but I can't). Fortunately they're re-grouping and playing a show forward in time at the Wild Weekend in Benidorm. When I first heard this I thought for a second that there was no way I could travel to Spain for this. Then I realised that that was bullshit, so I'm going.

haircut1.jpg

Past:

Joy Division

The Velver Underground

Blondie - in their prime, no wrinkles Debbie.

Duran Duran - mid 80's... They were good then, hot shit. I saw them a few years ago... and true... it was good shit... but it wasnt fresh shit.

Present:

Leftfield

The Orb

Air

Sonic Youth (and they were Rad)

The Postal Service

and many more...

Pig Destroyer(cos its fucking Pig Destroyer. roll on November)

Yacopsae(Just to see them pull off the songs on Einstweilige Vernichtung)

Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade(with the original vocalist especially, for getting em into crust)

Skitsystem(with Tompa(Tomas Lindberg) in the line-up, cos it'd be ace!)

Quattro Stagioni(just to see how the fuck they manage to play the stuff on the Iron Lung split)