aberdeen-music

Your favourite tv live performances?

Paranoid Android

Nirvana proving they are better musicians than they are mimes.

xx

The miming is great. Dave Grohl in the background just tapping the cymbals out of time is great. Surprised TOTP still televised this one, as it's pretty much sticking two fingers up at the whole concept. And what a shitty concept it was too. I had tickets to see Weezer many years ago, and they cancelled the Manchester date, to mime Hash Pipe on TOTP.

Fuck Top of the Pops.

Ace thread.

As with every other thread that starts, I excitedly want to post something immediately, but have gone a bit blank and YouTube hasn't helped matters by hiding all my favourited stuff somewhere I can't find them...

This isn't unique or particularly or anything, but it's the go-to happy video in our flat. Superchunk, with a delighted John Darnielle on guest backing vocals. So good. I defy you to not feel utterly overjoyed during it.

Nick Cave on Jools Holland when No More Shall We Part came out. I'd just discovered him and this was probably one of the first times I'd ever seen him on TV. I think it waswatching this that made me fall for these guys. Bonus lack-of-movement Blixa Bargeld.

• Upvote 1

At The Drive-In , on Jools Holland, sounding, er... really great, and definitely not out of tune, or shit.

<ATDI video>

Relationship of Command was pretty much the making of the Mars Volta. Omar decided he didn't want to be a band anymore. He just wanted to wank about independently of everyone else. What a fanny.

LOL, followed by Robbie Williams. Excellent.

Guitar tone <3 -

Not sure this strictly counts -

And yeah, I did it - (embedded in next post)

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes