aberdeen-music

Your favourite tv live performances?

Paranoid Android

I came here to post the out of tune ATDI video that Joda Serk posted. The power of rock and roll.

So instead I'll post this Interpol performance, largely for the bum note on 37 seconds. It's not a particularly good performance, it's just nice to see the professionals make small errors before millions of viewers for posterity. I always wince when I watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF5JN4yC2CA

Edited by Eupraxia

it's what made ATDI exciting shown in a single 4 minute package - the contrast between the rhythm section which is pretty much on point for the whole performance and the guys with explosive and unpredictable tendencies. When they split the rhythm guys went on to be mostly boring in Sparta without the spark provided by the others who went on to be mostly boring in the Mars Volta without the Sparta guys to rein them in.

At The Drive-In , on Jools Holland, sounding, er... really great, and definitely not out of tune, or shit.

Relationship of Command was pretty much the making of the Mars Volta. Omar decided he didn't want to be a band anymore. He just wanted to wank about independently of everyone else. What a fanny.

There should have been a warning in your post that the video contained a minute of Zane Lowe being the worst kind of Zane Lowe before the performance.

Almost made up for by Robbie Williams' face at the end.

I really dont understand why folk love that ATDI performance. It just sounds so horrible. 

It does. I posted it because it's pretty funny how awful it sounds, and how Omar is just fannying about the whole time. But as has been mentioned, the context of the performance makes it quite iconic

Sorry about the Zane Lowe though guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this counts as TV as it was on the BBC at the time and has not been released as a DVD (as far as i can tell)

Any band that gets Eric Clapton to be the second guitarist for the night deserves respect.

If you want the best bit skip to about 38 minutes for the best ever performance of Brothers In Arms, it almost makes me want to cry its so good.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...