aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2014

Soda Jerk

Spoiler alerts for some of the real players, especially at the dons.

Ryan Jack is worth keeping, will become a Scotland international.

Pawlett is also worth keeping, wont get much better, but is a consistant performer
Cammy Smith never really gets there unfortunately
Clark Robertson is much the same

Ryan Gauld should be bought at all costs as should Dow and Souttar. All three become top players, as does the boy McGinn from St Mirren.

How on Earth do they have that money? 

I'm beginning to confuse reality with football manager. 

They were taken over by an Oil Tycoon in the second season. Since then they have thrown money around, have very best facilities, snap up the leagues top players and are generally re-writing the map of Scottish football. All whilst Owen Coyle has control as well. 

I was watching the United game yesterday and when i was watching it i was waiting for certain things to happen that i see in FM every day, i had to remind myself that TV and FM are not the same thing. 

Edited by The Milner
  • Upvote 1

It's reassuring to hear I am not the only one who can feel somewhat absorbed by FM. If I'm streaming football on my laptop, and things aren't quite going right for United, or whoever I am watching that I really want to win, I grab hold of the mouse as if I'm about to bring up the Tactics Overview, to make a quick sub and tweak the approach. Then I realise it's real, and not Football Manager, and I feel like a twat.

• Upvote 1

Won the league with United, with four games to spare. Will update further (with screenshots) later on prob, if I can be arsed and don't get too wrapped up fielding youngsters in the remaining four games. Not the next one though. The next one is my first home game since winning the league so it's gotta be a full-strength side. Gives Carrick and (probably) Vidic a chance to say goodbye to the fans, too.

finally got it up and running, as usual gone Cambridge and also as usual have nicked a tactic from the FM forums.... couldn't load the one which bode me so well on the last game so got meself a new one, its a mega attacking one so gonna try and fire my way out the conference.  No money to get in players but got a pretty big squad with cover in all areas but will try and raid the loan market as spent my small amount of the wage budget left to get in some backroom staff.... bring it on!

My 4-4-2:

AF (A) - DLF (S)

W (A) - BBM (S) - DLP (D) - W (S)

FB (S) - DC (D) - DC (D) - FB (S)

SK (S)

Attacking mentality

Short Passing

Exploit the Flanks

Hassle Opponents

Drill Crosses

This can quickly change (if we go down or are playing away from home against a world class team) to a more direct style by the application of 'More Direct Passing' in lieu of short passing, a 'Counter' mentality with 'Higher Tempo', 'Look for Overlap' and 'Play Wider'.

Seems to work a treat for me.

Not tearing up any trees in the conference first season but I do tend to rely on most the squad I already have (made just two loan signings and my loan keeper has signed to come permanent in transfer window) as I just wanna get on with the game.  10th after 21 games but only 6 points off the play offs.  The nicked tactic seems ok but gonna try do some wheeling and dealing in the transfer window which is opening in a couple of weeks.  Club is in serious financial trouble so not much cash to play with but still in FA Cup, made it to second round where I have Wolves at home so that will earn a few quid.  For a change as I think promotion is a big ask with this squad, gonna go all out and try and win the FA Trophy!

Enjoying the general feel of the game, some nice new features and looking good!

Abdessaki was involved in an altercation where he bit FC St. Pauli player Thomas Meggle in the face following an April 2009 league match.[2]

In December 2011, his contract with SC Freiburg was cancelled by the club after he was accused of stealing shampoo from a hotel room.[3]

That's everything wiki has to say about his career. Everything.

I love this guy.

• Upvote 1

That's everything wiki has to say about his career. Everything.

I love this guy.

The fans consider him our star signing.  He's got a fair few assists and goals to his name and hasn't even been first pick.  "He plays on the left and he plays on the right.  Yacine Abdessadki he loves to fight." 

• Upvote 1

What about offsides?  Is that a bug?  I downloaded the game on Tuesday, so should all patches be included automatically? 

There are a few ME issues, offsides, dodgy first touches, a few keeper things as well.

Yeah as long as your playing a legal version through steam it will be the most up todate version when you install it, as long as you keep steam in online mode it will automatically update everytime they update it, as long as you dont have the game running. 

• Upvote 1