aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2014

Soda Jerk

Wasn't going to buy this as I never even finished a season on 2012. Then Adam mentioned in another thread that there's a "classic" mode without all the insufferably dull bits that dragged the season out so long.  Now I'm sucked in good and proper again.

Steady start so far with Aberdeen. Breezed through pre-season, signed a solid midfielder from League one to backup Robson and Flood, offloaded Magennis and also took in Iaquinta just because he'd come.  Need a new keeper and some better fullbacks though.  Robertson and Shaugnessy aren't there yet.

As always, the game just flows a lot better with every version - FM14 is no different in this respect. More player interaction, and they've introduced responding to things directly from your inbox which is a long time coming.

I like this alot. Less clicking back and forth. It's always the little things with FM. It just looks and feels alot better. I think its runs alot better on my crud laptop too. It's all very streamlined, without compromising the bewildering level of details.

I share Murrr's sentiment though. FM12 swallowed my life, and whilst FM13 felt better, I couldn't stick at it. I have about 20 unfinished saves on FM13. None of them grabbed me. I don't think I ever got past the halfway point of the 2nd season on 13.

14 is better so far. I'm fully absorbed. The interaction with players is better, I think. They are more prone to getting arsey it seems, which is quite realistic because all footballers, bar none, are arseholes. There's still a few niggles with that though. For instance, my assistant manager suggested I gave the captaincy to my star CB, Anthony Syhre. He's only 18, but he's all about leadership and determination stats. Why not, I thought. He said he was unhappy because he was too pressured being the captain at such a young age. Fine, I'll give it to one of the older boys. Then he, along with 10 other players were unhappy he'd been stripped of the captaincy so soon.

Bunch of idiots.

One thing I have noticed is that since transfer deadline day, press conferences have disappeared. I've not done one since. Is there an option to switch them off that has perhaps being activated?

One thing I have noticed is that since transfer deadline day, press conferences have disappeared. I've not done one since. Is there an option to switch them off that has perhaps being activated?

Check your staff responsibilities and make sure you're in charge and not either your assistant or some other chump.

We need a list of good finds. I'm crying out for a cheap, young winger and striker. Managed to get in Darren Fletcher for a couple of million but may have to offload a couple of my midfielders. Why am I at work?

There are two young Romanian creative players at Steaua Bucharest - Nicolae Stanciu and Gabriel Iancu. Signed both for my United team. If you can get work permits for either, both might be useful?

• Upvote 1

Will look into that as soon as I finish shitty work.

You need to get team viewer installed on your home computer, start FM up before you leave for work, remotely connect from work, play FM at work (please note any disciplinary action or loss of employment as a result of said method is of your own doing, and I am in no way, shape or form responsible for your actions).

Edited by MattJimF

You need to get team viewer installed on your home computer, start FM up before you leave for work, remotely connect from work, play FM at work (please note any disciplinary action or loss of employment as a result of said method is of your own doing, and I am in no way, shape or form responsible for your actions).

Been thinking about doing that but my laptop would over heat and die. I did take it apart for the first time ever a few days ago purely for FM. I can now barely hear the fan. I bet FM can also cure cancer.