aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2014

Soda Jerk

Hearts finished 10th in 2013/2014 in my game! 

Aberdeen are fairly easy to use.  Celtic only clinched the title in my second season after 36 games.  It's got to be nigh on impossible to win the SPL in a season with anyone other than Celtic!  I managed to get a link with Man City and signed their kids on loan, as well as bringing in astute free signings, so it wasn't that difficult to build a strong and deep squad. 

I must admit, I've found this game a lot easier than past iterations.  Coming 2nd two seasons running, winning both domestic cups (Scottish cup twice) and reaching the last 16 in Europa League is better than I've done in my first two seasons at The Dons in previous versions. 

yeah doing alright with my new tactic, top of the conference five points clear with 7 games to go and got two games in hand... mine to lose now! lost just four league games all season, been doing the press conferences and most the team talks myself as my assistant was making a bit of an ass of them I felt, have found the mind games on FM14 really good, sometimes they work, sometimes not, fucked it up in the FA Trophy final and lost!  But got the better of Luton manager (my nearest rivals just like in real life!) Steven Pressley and beat them away.  He didn't like that up him!  Hopefully get promotion this afternoon!

Are there any teams who are total no-hopers? Shite squad, no money, who are dead-certs for the drop? Any country, though I'd prefer a top-flight no-hoper, if possible. I right fancy a proper horrible relegation battle, where the fans hate me and everyone in the dressing room wants me dead.

I started a save with Coventry City. We are well up shit creek. Absolutely zero money, and there's only a squad of 17 senior players. So skint, they got evicted from the ground purpose-built for them by their own sponsor. Don't get no poorer than that. The fans have gotta trawl down the M1 every other Saturday to the tinpot ground we share with Northampton.

To make it even shittier, I fiddled with the editor, and punted League 2 Coventry City into the Premier League, at the expense of Crystal Palace. Because nobody would miss them. Absolutely no chance of survival. I'm going to park the bus with a back 5 and two anchor men and hope for the best.

I'm going to be relying on loan deals from clubs rich enough to still pay all of their wages. And freebies who realise they are too shit to piss me about with money demands. Hi, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Somen Tchoyi.

I'll set each of them with 5 goals a season targets. Lofty.

Edited by Joda Serk

After a fairly indifferent first half of the 15/16 season at Aberdeen, I went on a run from January where I only failed to get 3 points once (at home to St Mirren, or something ridiculous) and won the leage with three games to go, humping the old firm in their own back yards along the way.  Got knocked out of both cups and europa league fairly early, which gave me a huge advantage over Celtic.  Rangers went the opposite way after January, having led the league table for most of the season. 

It's down to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation that has worked extremely well with my players.  Cameron Stewart, signed on a free from Hull, was my top scorer from right wing with 19 goals in all competitions.  He made Strachan's squad for the Euro Champs and then got crocked against Dundee United after we'd already won the league.  Gutted for the lad.  Failed to keep any of my strikers fit, so rotated a lot.  They got a shitload of goals between the 4 of them.  Karim Rekik and Godsway Donyoh on free loans from my parent club Man City were huge coups as well.  I've also got big names in Ryo Myaichi, Joe Flanagan and Matthew Briggs, who were all worth their wages. 

Going to stay next season, despit being offered lots of interviews from Premier League and Championship clubs.  Want to try and get us out our Champion's League group.  That's going to be big money!

Can't believe I won the SPL with Aberdeen.  didn't even look nearly likely until Celtic fell away around March.  Stoked. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never done an Aberdeen save before, and I know nothing about Aberdeen FC, so I started an Aberdeen save. It's going to go really well.

He seems to get a bad rap, both on FM and in real life, but I'm going to blindly keep the faith in Calvin Zola. Regardless of what anyone says, there is just no chance a player called Zola can be bad at football. I've never seen him play in real life, and his stats in the game are a bit poor. I'm sticking two fingers up at that noise. Might even give him the armband. I'm just worried about having to fend off Bayern Munich for his signature in a few years.

To keep my interest, I had a tinker with the editor, and created a 17 year old local boy and put him into the youth ranks. I've given him limitless potential, but I've made him pretty awful at everything except dribbling, flair, technique and pace. Low professionalism, loyalty, sportsmanship and all that gubbins. He's going to be a total cunt. Talented with no football brain. The classic promising British youngster. I'm going to see how he develops - if at all, and also if I can keep hold of him if he starts tearing it up, which I'm certain he won't.

2iqhnv5.jpg

I've also made him hate Rangers. Because who doesn't?

• Upvote 5

The 'additional comments' box in press conferences is a right laugh.

2f0dn44.jpg

He probably didn't really want McGinn. I had United in a friendly the next day. He's trying to unsettle my boys. The wrinkly gobshite succeeded. Got cunted 4-1.

Nevermind. On the plus side, 360 people turned up to witness Ken Fitlike's debut for Aberdeen Reserves, tearing the Southampton kids an new arsehole each.

2jwn4g.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...