aberdeen-music

Good/bad Experiences with Customer Service.

fatboy

Not quite the same. But when i was under 18, i set up an account on psn for my dad, so i could be a sub account. i've phoned up about stuff in the past and explained it and they were fine. phoned up about a problem a couple of weeks ago and i told him that I, ME, JAKE, set up this account in my dad's name, and i have all the security info. "your dad will have to phone us". No, he won't know any of the details because I set it up, and I've been able to do stuff in the past. "nope, get your dad to phone". I understand that I'm in the wrong here. But it would have been easier to swallow if I had to get my dad involved the countless times before that I had phoned.

That Subway rant is appalling, wtf? Her brat kid wanted something that wasn't on the kids menu then complained when they had to pay 'adult' price? And then to make sure her kid didn't vomit after having a meatball she wanted a free one to check?

Fair if the attitude of the member of staff was a bit off, but that's not the basis of the parent's complaint as far as I can see.

Awful.

• Upvote 3

I'm sure some of you on here already use them but I just placed my first order on stringsdirect.co.uk at 2.30pm yesterday and was pleasantly surprised when the postman dropped off the items this morning.

It does state free next day delivery but I have had many an experience in the past where I have paid a premium for next day delivery to be informed that Aberdeen is in the highlands!?! and therefore cannot be guaranteed next day delivery. So to have free next day delivery and receive the items is indeed excellent service.

I doff my cap to the guys at strings direct.

Kev

• Upvote 2

I walked out of Subway in Union Square half way through a sub being made. The boy making them knew some of the people he was serving and was having a joke, fair enough. But I was standing there for at least 10 minutes while this guy pretended to put the wrong salad and sauce on all the stuff. My sandwich came out of the toaster and was sitting for ages while this boy fannied about. I think about 3 folk walked out when I walked out.

I'm sure some of you on here already use them but I just placed my first order on stringsdirect.co.uk at 2.30pm yesterday and was pleasantly surprised when the postman dropped off the items this morning.

It does state free next day delivery but I have had many an experience in the past where I have paid a premium for next day delivery to be informed that Aberdeen is in the highlands!?! and therefore cannot be guaranteed next day delivery. So to have free next day delivery and receive the items is indeed excellent service.

I doff my cap to the guys at strings direct.

Kev

I fucking love Strings Direct. Order almost always arrives the next day even if ordered in the afternoon (think they have a 2pm or 3pm cutoff).  Probably helps that they use Royal Mail instead of a ropey courier.

Much like Claire's story, KLM didnt have a vegan option on their website, so I called ahead and made sure i'd get something.

On the plane, they dished out all the food and I had nothing. I asked if my vegan meal was on it's way, to no avail. Nothing.

Also the snacks weren't suitable for vegans and so I got nothing to eat for like 10 hours. Not the worst thing ever, just a bit annoying, ken?

They also then proceeded to lose my luggage when I landed...and then again when I got back to Scotland.

Much like Claire's story, KLM didnt have a vegan option on their website, so I called ahead and made sure i'd get something.

On the plane, they dished out all the food and I had nothing. I asked if my vegan meal was on it's way, to no avail. Nothing.

Also the snacks weren't suitable for vegans and so I got nothing to eat for like 10 hours. Not the worst thing ever, just a bit annoying, ken?

They also then proceeded to lose my luggage when I landed...and then again when I got back to Scotland.

did US Immigration provide a vegan option?

• Upvote 5

Pretty much all customer service here is quite shit. Vodafone have been the most consistently annoying for me both in person and on the phone. One time I went into the shop about a simple problem. As soon as I started speaking to the staff member he told me I had to go see the people upstairs. Unfortunately it was really busy in that part so I had to wait ages. After about 45 minutes I finally got to speak to someone, the same guy! He'd apparently come upstairs to help out because it was so busy. He then actually listened to me and, I could tell he was completely embarrassed about his, he told me I needed to go see the person downstairs. 

Amazon has great customer service, I bought a kindle fire recently from another source, the screen had a scratch on it and when i asked the place I got it from they said they didn't have any others but would refund me, i had become quite attached to it and emailed amazon to ask them what they recommend to fix the screen and they said they'd send out a new one and just to send it back even though i didn't buy it from them. So new one is on its way and I then just have to send the old one back. Can't ask fairer than that.

I walked out of Subway in Union Square half way through a sub being made. The boy making them knew some of the people he was serving and was having a joke, fair enough. But I was standing there for at least 10 minutes while this guy pretended to put the wrong salad and sauce on all the stuff. My sandwich came out of the toaster and was sitting for ages while this boy fannied about. I think about 3 folk walked out when I walked out.

This sounds familiar. I've lost count of the number of times I've walked out of  coffee shops because the 'barista' doesn't acknowledge my existence for way too long or fannies about. The worst is when you're being made to wait because someone is chatting to their pal.

• Upvote 2

KLM have lost my bags the last 3 times I have gone to the UAE, leaving me with no change of clothes for 2-3 days.

ive had no problems at all. we were going to be late for a flight so we never had time to collect our bags as it was a non connecting flight, our luggage arrived the day later, lovely service in my eye

i guess you were just lucky, i was get double snacks as they think im cute (cant wait till im 18 ;) ) im not a vegan so there was no problems with meals at all. sorry to hear your trouble though must be bad on long haul flights

i guess you were just lucky, i was get double snacks as they think im cute (cant wait till im 18 ;) ) im not a vegan so there was no problems with meals at all. sorry to hear your trouble though must be bad on long haul flights

...?

That's like seeing someone fall over in the street and saying to them "That's a shame, normally I don't fall over".

• Upvote 1

I have this thing where I'm trying to go to as many food franchises as possible, kinda ticking them off some sad personal list. Wendy's, Arby's, Red Lobster... all the ones you hear people talking about in american films and such. 

I got a free taco in a Taco Bell in Virginia because the girl behind the counter guessed I was Irish then felt bad she got it wrong. I tried to assure her I didn't take any offence at all but she insisted on giving me a taco.

Red Lobster in Times Square has some of the most professional and quite frankly extremely talented waiters I've ever encountered. You can imagine how busy it gets in there and the sheer diversity of customers you get. It's basically a mcdonaldized seafood restaurant that straddles the divide between fast food and fine dining (like TGIFs maybe). We had a guy who genuinely made us feel special. Cracked jokes with us but not too friendly, made sure we were fine for drinks etc at exactly the right time. His 'timing' was impressive and he really went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. Good service is a skill.

Got farted on by a server in IHOP. In her defence she was old and obviously accidentally let it slip out. Reeked tho.

Arby's is the best all-round service and food. I was very close to writing a letter to their corporate HQ to tell them how good they are but then I must have glimpsed in the mirror and taken a little look at my life and the person I'd become. Seriously though, I've been a few times and every time you get a quality sandwich and great service with a smile that doesnt seem forced.

• Upvote 1

I've honestly never experienced that stereotype of the fake friendly 'I'll be your server for the evening'. Or maybe I'm desensitized to it. No, I don't think I am actually, i'm sure I would have picked up on that. Perhaps its not so much of a thing in New York.

I experienced terrible service at lunch today. Went to a sandwich place I go to occassionally, got in the Q, ordered a beef-based sandwich, lady took my order and my money then told me they had no beef and would I like a replacement (half the menu is chicken, the other beef so it cuts your choice in half). Got a chicken ranch sandwich and stood to the side to fill up my juice. The next guy in line orders the same sandwich... and she does the exact same thing - telling the guy there's no beef AFTER the whole transaction has been done. Out of interest I watched her do the same thing over and over. Put a sign up or at the very least tell the person as soon as they've ordered, not after they've paid and have to begrudgingly change their order.

I have no idea of the name of the pub, but when i was in New York I went into an Irish pub (every fucking pub is an Irish pub it seems) on Times Square. I had a few beers and then realised how much I had left on me. I asked the bartender if I should give him a tip, as is customary, and go home, or have another beer and not give him a tip cos I'm a tight arsed Scottish bastard. The bartender (who I later found out was from Kilkenny) said I should give him a tip and he'd give me a beer on the house. DOUBLE WHAMMY!

So yeah, go to that bar and that barman in that Irish pub in New York.

One of things I noticed when eating out in the States is that if you finish your drink, they bring you another one, without asking. is that common, or was it just the places we went to? It's not a bad thing I suppose, but it adds up and you sort of lose track of how much you're spending.

Thats pretty much everywhere and id be surprised if they charged you for more than one. Most places have a bottomless soda policy. if they didnt they wouldn't just bring you out one.

I have no idea of the name of the pub, but when i was in New York I went into an Irish pub (every fucking pub is an Irish pub it seems) on Times Square. I had a few beers and then realised how much I had left on me. I asked the bartender if I should give him a tip, as is customary, and go home, or have another beer and not give him a tip cos I'm a tight arsed Scottish bastard. The bartender (who I later found out was from Kilkenny) said I should give him a tip and he'd give me a beer on the house. DOUBLE WHAMMY!

So yeah, go to that bar and that barman in that Irish pub in New York.

If bars arent busy theres an unwritten rule of 'buy 2 get one free' where you still tip but you get the 3rd on the house. When a place fills up you dont get it but quiet its in the barman's interest to keep you drinking (seeing as he probably only works for tips). If you think about it, youre less likely to leave after a free pint so you stay for one more.