aberdeen-music

Good/bad Experiences with Customer Service.

fatboy

Amazon. Always incredible. They'll throw an offer of a refund at you for anything which may have been a slight inconvenience. I reckon about half of the stuff I've gotten from Amazon has been for free. No guilt either, because they are tax-dodging hooligans.

That takeaway down near Union Square, Sizzlers. They do great burgers, if you dig grubby fast food. They are arseholes though. If you order for delivery, they get the order wrong every time, and it takes hours to arrive. They probably have the worst rating on Just-Eat. If you complain, they get arsey with you and put the phone down. They won't redeliver stuff they've missed off your order, or offer a refund. You've just gotta deal with it.

O2 are pretty lousy as well. That's my own fault. I've been with them for 10 years. I should really shop around.

On Delta Airlines' website, they offer a selection of meal types for long-haul flights (including "bland", which I thought was quite odd), but there wasn't a vegan option listed. I called through instead and was assured that I could have a vegan meal. Got on the flight, was given pasta with cheese, said I'd asked for vegan food and that it stated so on my ticket. I was told that this couldn't possibly be the case as it wasn't an option on the website, even though I explained that I'd called well in advance and had been assured by a rep in their call centre that it'd be fine and pointed out that it quite clearly stated vegan meal on my ticket too. They shrugged it off and said there was nothing they could do about it. One of the cabin crew took pity and reappeared with one of the meals from first class, a tasty carrot and walnut salad, some nice bread and some fruit salad. Real cutlery and everything. Proper gent.

For all i say abput how i hate R&B surprisingly i had a good experiance with them once. When i had my hoffner i was really confused with the model of it as one person said it was one model but my mate who i got it from said it was another. So i went into the shop they started phoning dealers etc which is above the call of duty as they spent 5 minutes listening to me babbling on about it, then a further 10 minutes searching the internet about it after the 10 minute phonecall to the dealer they were able to tell me a model and that year it was made and then told me a trade in price.

Bad experiance is in mezes on rose street me and my mate were there one lunch time and the owners wife was serving my mate asked for some extra chips as the portion was tiny. She said no and told us if we werent happy go somewhere else so we left. And to be honezt we would pay extra for more chips. So next day later we go back and its the owner serving we take one step in and then we are told we are banned for life supposibly one of us told her to fuck off eich we never. So morale of the story. Dont ask women for extra chips.

My sister and mum were in philly for a wedding and staying at the radisson hotel. My sis is extremely allergic to eggs and somehow ingested something thay had eggs in it. She went into anaphalactic (sp?) shock. Turned out fine in the end (she uses one of those pens and returns to normal) but at 2am some poor receptionist took it upon herself to organize everything... hospital calls, ran out to a pharmacy on her break, let them stay a day extra to rest up, brought her food and made sure she was generally ok.

My mum wrote them a letter thanking the girl and stressing how great they were. They wrote back in a very modest and pleasant way asking more about the welfare of my sis rather than taking credit for the good service. Stay there if u ever go to philly

Edited by ca_gere
  • Upvote 3

Dont ask women for extra chips.

They should get back in the kitc.... hmm.

Carmine's has the best customer service in Aberdeen.  Buttloads of pasta, and they make a total shot in the dark at the final bill based on how polite you are or something.  Also, Gurkha Kitchen: The strongest aspect of their service is providing customers with the best food in the whole of North East Scotland.

Although I don't get bad service anywhere, as I am a charming bastard.

• Upvote 1

Just pitching in with the Amazon love. I once ordered about 20 quid of books from them and they sent a duplicate copy of one. I wasn't charged for it but I decided to send them a quick email letting them know. I got 50% of the cost of my ordered reimbursed and a really nice email back from them. Mental.

Arnold Clark's customer service was pish when I was dealing with them recently.

My car broke down on holiday which was a total grind. Phoned them up as I'd only bought the car 4 months ago and I had no idea what to do and I wanted some advice. I was told by a sales manager to "Take it to a garage, I don't know what you want me to do about it, it's your fucking car."

Cheers mate, I'm trapped 15 miles from Fort William and your advice is go to a garage. Top lad.

However there is a silver lining to all this. I phoned back the next day and spoke to the branch manager, he was really good and sorted out getting the car into a vauxhall dealer to get an investigation, reimbursed the cost of me having to buy new passwords for the car computer and apparently gave the sales manager "a royal bollocking".

Cup Cafe just off Belmon Street is horrendous for it's customer service - they deliver one small order in several trips (either get a tray or learn how to make more than one coffee at a time), don't know how to make their coffee at all and the attitude you get is just appalling.

I ordered a cappuccino and was given a very wet latte: the girl just looked at me blankly when I explained it's generall a 3rd coffee, 3rd milk and 3rd froth, and was told "It's just one shot of coffee you get..." Aye, well done dumbfuck.

I then got glared at, the manager then asksed that the problem was (to the staff, not me) then given exactly the same drink, after that I had all the staff glaring over the counter.

Tables were a mess, with staff all standing pissing about.  It's not somewhere I'd visit again, even though I adore the interior and it looks as if it would be a really popular place.  They might all dress pretty, but tie your fucking hair up as I'd rather not have stray hairs in my food.

Great service - Dulcia, you're really looked after, the staff are lovely and eager to please.  I happily spent a couple of hours there and spent a small fortune (wee cafe in Rosemount).

Peapod (vintage store) - the lass who works there is just great and really friendly, and for a small shop, she does well at not coming across as pushy :)

Arnold Clark's customer service was pish when I was dealing with them recently.

My car broke down on holiday which was a total grind. Phoned them up as I'd only bought the car 4 months ago and I had no idea what to do and I wanted some advice. I was told by a sales manager to "Take it to a garage, I don't know what you want me to do about it, it's your fucking car."

Cheers mate, I'm trapped 15 miles from Fort William and your advice is go to a garage. Top lad.

However there is a silver lining to all this. I phoned back the next day and spoke to the branch manager, he was really good and sorted out getting the car into a vauxhall dealer to get an investigation, reimbursed the cost of me having to buy new passwords for the car computer and apparently gave the sales manager "a royal bollocking".

Would never touch them again after hearing the fuckton of hassle my boss has had after his car's engine seized. Cost him a fortune.

More personally Arnold Clark phoned me last week to remind me my service and MOT is due, but they can't actually book my car in until a week after the MOT runs out.  That's great, thanks.

It probably took so long because they had to retrieve the cassette tape from 20 years ago. Was it delivered to you in a Delorean?

Because tapes are like, old and stuff.

Well apparently their distribution guy was on tour. So, why the others couldn't have covered I've no idea. He came back from tour and still didn't send it out.  

On Delta Airlines' website, they offer a selection of meal types for long-haul flights (including "bland", which I thought was quite odd), but there wasn't a vegan option listed. I called through instead and was assured that I could have a vegan meal. Got on the flight, was given pasta with cheese, said I'd asked for vegan food and that it stated so on my ticket. I was told that this couldn't possibly be the case as it wasn't an option on the website, even though I explained that I'd called well in advance and had been assured by a rep in their call centre that it'd be fine and pointed out that it quite clearly stated vegan meal on my ticket too. They shrugged it off and said there was nothing they could do about it. One of the cabin crew took pity and reappeared with one of the meals from first class, a tasty carrot and walnut salad, some nice bread and some fruit salad. Real cutlery and everything. Proper gent.

Delta suck - every time i've flown with them somethings gone wrong. Meals running out, premium seats booked and then allocated other seats in the middle of a row, being made to feel like a criminal for asking for another drink.

Delta suck - every time i've flown with them somethings gone wrong. Meals running out, premium seats booked and then allocated other seats in the middle of a row, being made to feel like a criminal for asking for another drink.

i always fly with klm never had a problem, friendly staff always willing to help, always offering free upgrades good meals aswell