aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Ba was so terrible today, and he still scored. Everything else he did was total garbage. So many times he had a teammate through on goal, exploiting Liverpool's high line, but he just boots it at a Liverpool player, or falls over.

Horrible game to watch. Good result for the title race.

The RAWK forum has been an excellent visit this afternoon.

Football took a massive blow to the head, today.

Why the feck was the pitch that slippery for anyway?

Gobshite groundsman

Hope every Chelsea players house gets burnt down, with their kids inside

We had a moral victory today...

Ok....I was gutted....emotionally drained and was down on my knees after that.....

But came home ....said to missus I'm off into the hot tub ( yep very middle class me now....) needed therapy from my higher self...the tub does that...talks to me...allows my rationale mind to kick in and soothe my soul. It needed soothing after that...so what did my higher self say once I had calmed my mind..... so the angel spoke thus to me and said

MAN THE feck UP MARINE......YOU ARE A REDMAN.......NOT SOME SHITE PLASTIC GLORY HUNTER!!

SO YOU LOST A GAME AFTER A PHENOMENAL WINNING STREAK......YOU LOST TO AN ANTI FOOTBALL TEAM OF PLASTIC ORIGINS....PLASTIC FLAG WAVING feckING PLASTIC KNOBHEAD FANS....WHO HAVE BOUGHT ONE TROPHY AFTER ANOTHER.......THEY ARE NOT A TEAM LIKE LFC.....A TEAM WITH HISTORY......WITH FANS WHO FOLLOW THROUGH THICK AND THIN......

YOU ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE ON 80 POINTS.....YOU CAN WIN BOTH REMAINING MATHCHES AND FINISH ON 86 POINTS......IF CITY FINISH ON 86 POINTS AND HAVE A BETTER GOAL DIFFERENCE THEY DESERVE THE TITLE...............SO STOP YOUR WHINING AND 

MAN THE feck UP......YOU ARE REDMAN.....YOU ARE LFC .......tAKE THIS TO THE WIRE

DRINK MORE WINE.....FOR TOMORROW WE GO AGAIN.....

Mourinho and all the Chav$ are such twats, I hope their effin bus crashes and no one is seriously injured, but they are forced to put out their youth squad for the rest of the year. F him and his bullshit anti-football. Brendo stuck it to him in the post-match presser.

Just got back, gutted, boring shithouse 'football' , shite ref, pr*** of a manager and horrible classless fans

Chelsea are fucking c*nts wish I was fucking dead.

10177326_768841839814920_759391900365427

butthurt-o-meter-1.gif

• Upvote 3

It'll be interesting to see if Liverpool can bounce back from this.  They've played so well I'm sure they can.

Sunday went a long way to showing Liverpool aren't there yet though.  They really only have a Plan A.  When that's not working there doesn't seem to be much else they can do.  Especially off the bench.

Big summer for them, whether they win the league or not.

I agree. I think they have to win it this year whilst they've got such a big chance to do so, unless they massively bolster the squad in the summer. A squad stretched by cup runs and Europe might not fair as well as Liverpool have. They've put everything into the league, and they've not really had too many injuries to worry about. Next year will be tougher. The moneybags clubs will spend plenty, as will Arsenal and United I predict. Liverpool have a great starting 11, but little behind it.

I think a Madrid might come poking around Suarez as well.

Chelsea deserved the win. They played defensive football against an attacking side away from home and got the job done. Nothing more to it than that. The anti-chelsea/medieval tactics brigade are pretty laughable.

Ba was utterly woeful. What a terrible player he looks like nowadays. 

Things will be harder for Liverpool next year, although going from 7th to near the top is quite 'hard' in some ways I suppose.  I guess that if all the top teams strengthen then I suppose it's going to be harder for everyone else too. Liverpool have a young squad so I think it's reasonable to expect their current players to improve.  They also have a lot of potentially good young players around the fringes of the squad, a few of whom might easily have the impact next season that Sterling and Flanagan have had this year.  I'd have thought they ought to be able to bring in more promising young players too, particularly with the obvious improvements Rodgers has brought out of players like Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho etc.  Liverpool would be a good place to go if you're a talented, young player.  Plus they could have Borini and Assaidi back from loan to taunt Chelsea.  And hopefully they'll sell Glen Johnson.

I like Glen Johnson. He's not as gung-ho as he used to be. He doesn't bag as many goals as a result, but his defending is much better than it used to be. Even if he's replaced in the first team, he'd be a solid squad player to have, especially as he can play full back on both sides, and does well as a wingback when Rodgers goes for a back 3.

Whatever happened to Martin Kelly? He looked superb a few years ago. I can't believe he's 24 now. He really didn't kick on as many expected. I thought he'd be one of the better young English defenders coming through that generation.

Borini's been solid at Sunderland, but he's not going to dislodge the "SAS" or Sterling/Coutinho from the front four. Borini's is probably the best penalty taker in the world though. Has he ever missed? The're always emphatically bulletted into the 'postage stamp' territory. 

I think Assaidi could be useful for the squad though, but again, not going to break into that front four, which is belting. I assume Rodgers will be more focused on the defence and midfield in the summer. There's few players who will improve Liverpool's attack as it is.

Even though Johnson's defending has maybe improved a bit, I don't think it's really good enough, particularly given that his attacking play seems to have deteriorated.  He loses the ball an awful lot.  Flanagan would be better all round at right back.  Kelly did look good but he's had a lot of injuries and seems to have been displaced in the pecking order by Flanagan.  I can see him leaving sadly, even though he's a good player.

Borini and Assaidi are all right as squad players.  Liverpool may buy another striker, although I think they're more likely to go for one or two attacking midfielders.  Although Rodgers probably won't do it, I wouldn't mind seeing an attacking player with a bit of aerial presence.  Someone like Benteke might be good, even if he's injured at the moment.

They definitely need a left back.  Enrique even at his best isn't really good enough and has an almost Abou Diaby-like injury record.  Liverpool have a couple of promising young left backs (Robinson and Smith) but I don't know if either are ready for regular first team games yet.  There are potentially quite a few centre backs (including Ilori who's been on loan but who's supposed to be really good) but I think they still need to find the right blend there.  A defensive midfielder might also be on the shopping list - one of Liverpool's main weaknesses this season has been losing control of midfield when the tempo of the game slows and they need someone who can exert a bit more influence than Lucas or Allen.  Maybe Xabi might like to come back for a bit.

Xabi Alonso signed a new contract not so long ago. He looked like he might leave last summer, but I think he'll stay there until Illarramendi is ready to be playing every game. I'm surprised Madrid kept him, as Alonso looks a bit immobile these days.

I don't think he'd be an improvement on Gerrard or Lucas now. He's a good player when his side are dominating, which Madrid do most of the time. Probably wouldn't be the answer at regaining control in the middle.

Perhaps one of the Bender brothers will be available this summer. Lars Bender being the most probable to be on the lookout for a move. He's mighty good. Currently being linked with Arsenal.

Alan Pardew's NUFC records:-

• First NUFC manager to lose 6 consecutive PL games.
  • Before Pardew arrived, since 1993, NUFC had lost 35 Premier League games by 3 goals or more. Pardew has lost by 3 goals or more 20 times on his own since December 2010. [28/04/14]
  • Most NUFC Premier League losses in one season
  • Alan Pardew has lost 14 of the last 19 matches, including an FA Cup defeat at home against Cardiff City. [28/04/14]
  • Alan Pardew has managed NUFC for seven derbies.  Chris Hughton for one. Both have scored 5 goals against Sunderland.
  • Pardew has conceded as many goals against Sunderland as Newcastle Manager as Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Hughton combined (11).
  • Man Utd (4), Tottenham (4), Everton (3) and Sunderland (3) have all scored the same or more goals at SJP than Newcastle in 2014. [28/04/14]
  • First manager to lose three consecutive derbies since 1924
  • Worst home defeat to Liverpool for 87 years
  • Lowest home goals tally in one PL season [28/04/14]
  • In every season as Newcastle manager, Pardew has gone on a run of games that lasted at least ONE THIRD of the season where his win ratio was between 14% and 29% [10/11 - 14 games 2 wins (14%), 11/12 - 17 games 5 wins (29%), 12/13 - 14 games 2 wins (14%), 13/14 - 20 games 4 wins (20%)

If The Charlatan doesn't lose his job this week, I'm sacrificing Moon Moon to the Lord of Light.

• Upvote 1

This guy, man. This fucking guy.

Our relegation season was actually more bearable than this run of form. That year we watched a bunch of overpaid, over-the-hill haddies be outplayed by superior players on a weekly basis. It was one of the most bloated, uninspiring, squad of "experienced campaigners," (read: incompetent old blokes -- Duff, Geremi, etc.) and weird, useless bozos (Cacapa, Rozehnal, etc.). This season, we started with one of the most talented squads we've had in years -- a squad that's been grossly mismanaged for the past two years. It's just so disheartening, because a manager with any real nous would be able to forge a competent unit from these players that'd be perfectly capable of challenging for a cup or a Europa League spot.

Instead, we have this charlatan. I'm not going to list his faults because there are too many to mention. Pardew's tactics are based entirely on relying on our key players to "do good stuff." He's no idea how to coach them, no idea how to coax good performances out of them when things turn bad, and has ruined some of the most talented players we've had at the club in the past decade (Cisse, Coloccini, Ben Arfa, etc.). Now, he is single-handedly trying to force our best player out of the club so that he can start Dan bloody Gosling.

Newcastle are rotten to the core and this will not change until he goes, unfortunately. It doesn't matter who we sign in the summer, because Pardew will coach the artistry right out of them. His gameplan of relying on Remy's goals and Cabaye's magic worked at the start of the season but it doesn't cover his shortcomings. Get out and stop ruining my club.