aberdeen-music

The Car Thread, Yay!! (No bus users allowed)

paime

Since Bradley Wiggins won Tour de France and Chris Hoy won some medals I've noticed a fair increase in the amount of lycra clad cyclists out here in Banffshire. In fact the cycle club that started here last summer now has over 60 members.They all go out for a cycle run on Saturday morning, altogether and at the same time. Makes getting to work such a nightmare that I actually use a different, longer route. I don't mind cyclists at all but the cycle club are the worst type of pricks. I'm part of group that organises fundraising for local groups and we are having a cycle race challange (you are not allowed to encourage racing..) and the amount of Health and safety stuff we've had to organise and put in place to be allowed to have 100 cyclists go around a fairly rural and quiet route is staggering. The cycle club dinna give a fuck about that though. Blasting down the main road all over the place like sperm headed for a round about shaped egg and not a proper roundabout at that. One of those painted ovals in the middle of the road that no one seems to know how to work properly.

Carnage. Lycra based madness.

Kill them with magnets!

Lycra Clad Cyclists are cunts ... all of them.

I would absolutely love to but im afraid i'll get kicked out of the house for coming home with it :(

On a serious note, i have a pal who lives down south and he lurvs Supras. The last time i spoke to him he was seriously considering getting another one so i'll ask and see what he says. Can you post some more piccies? For my benefit more than his....

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?287809-1994-NA-TT-SZ-040-White-Supra

Couple of teaser pics relating to the new car:

0200500A20130316W00116.jpg

CCWR888_zpsa4c5a98a.jpg

:D

• Upvote 1

I thought the Toyota badge on the spark plug cover may have been a give away... ;) It is another Supra. But this time a VVTi 6 speed with a GReddy T88-34D single turbo setup. Sitting at about 650bhp at present. Lovely. :)

Damnit! I was so chuffed with my super knowledge of cars there as well.

On another note, im thinking of lending (for a small fee of course ;) ) myself out for doing mechaniccy-type stuff that you can't be arsed doing yourself but don't want to put your car to a garage for. I've worked on so many cars, classics and modern, that im considering opening my own cherished/classic car garage in about 5 years time once i've got the dosh. Stuff like servicing, changing water pumps, radiators, alternators and even head gasket repairs would be right up my street. Would anyone consider using that service or do you reckon it's a no-goer?

• Upvote 2

On another note, im thinking of lending (for a small fee of course ;) ) myself out for doing mechaniccy-type stuff that you can't be arsed doing yourself but don't want to put your car to a garage for. I've worked on so many cars, classics and modern, that im considering opening my own cherished/classic car garage in about 5 years time once i've got the dosh. Stuff like servicing, changing water pumps, radiators, alternators and even head gasket repairs would be right up my street. Would anyone consider using that service or do you reckon it's a no-goer?

Could you offer the same service for motorbikes?

Could you offer the same service for motorbikes?

I've never worked on a bike before so i'd be wary but having said that it's all the same engineering so i'd be more than happy to be a dogs body. If it explodes whilst you're riding it due to my error then i'll just have to leave the country.

If I wanted to be an ass about it, I'd say it is a bad mistake to make as the turbo(s) is/are located on the opposite side of the engine bay with the Skylines as per below:

100_1360.jpg

Easy mistake though :)

As for the garage, sounds a good idea! Though I'd do the stuff myself most of the time, it is always handy having the option :up:

If I wanted to be an ass about it, I'd say it is a bad mistake to make as the turbo(s) is/are located on the opposite side of the engine bay with the Skylines as per below:

100_1360.jpg

Easy mistake though :)

As for the garage, sounds a good idea! Though I'd do the stuff myself most of the time, it is always handy having the option :up:

Some major engine bay envy there! Im not well versed in Japanese car intake manifold locations so you'll have to forgive me ;)

If you ever need some help on yer motor then get in touch, more than happy to get my hands on that new Supra of yours :)

• Upvote 1

Imprinted - what's the R32 like to live with? I'm starting a new job and have a 'car allowance' so looking at letting the missus drive the ST and seriously considering an R32.

It's actually really nice, my one's been modified a bit (remap, intake, coilovers, exhaust etc etc.) so the suspension's a bit stiffer but not unbearable! Handles phenomenally well and it's still reasonably nippy. Not as fast as my old Legacy Twin Turbo but I'm less convinced I'm going to die when I go near a roundabout/corner! :p 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

650?? That's a whole lotta ponies. How on earth did you/the previous owner manage to get it to 650??

This under-bonnet picture showing the gigantic turbo should answer that question for you:

71C8E652-9314-4B99-8ADF-07382D4AC25D-385

:up:

The following list also helps to explain :)

• 2JZ-GTE VVTi engine (3 litre 24V DOHC engine with a 7200rpm rev limit and 60 degree range adjustable inlet cam)
  • GReddy T88-34D Single Turbo Kit (Greddy Stainless Steel Header w/ 45mm runners, Type R GReddy Wastegate, 80mm Downpipe, Intake pipe, GReddy AirInx 2 Intake, various oil lines/hoses/couplers/heat shield etc.)
  • HKS F-Con V Pro ECU (tuned by HKS Kansai)
  • GReddy Profec B Spec-II Boost Controller (1.0 bar and 1.3 bar configured)
  • Trust 4" Front Mount Intercooler
  • GReddy Oil Cooler
  • Blitz Nur Spec R 3.5" exhaust
  • Screamer pipe
  • NGK Iridium BKR8-EIX Spark Plugs

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted my HKS Kansai carbon fibre front splitter and my Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser. Finishes the exterior off nicely:

1009717_10201920096702956_1480048766_o.j

1266776_10201920096542952_830531291_o.jp

1270836_10201920096262945_1662327217_o.j

1275053_10201920035101416_39974438_o.jpg

1292861_10201919994140392_2101223780_o.j

1146394_10201919993100366_35676540_o.jpg

1167622_10201919991220319_2027939686_o.j

Here is a video going round the (tiny) Alford oval track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVu8u6aUj58

By the time I was making decent boost I had to slow down for the corners. Not a good representation of what this car is capable of, but good fun nonetheless. :) It is also cool to hear what it sounds like from the outside. That screamer pipe is ace :D

forgot to post this

went to lincoln with my pal so he could pick up this

Mr2 turbo approx 420bhp , stage 2 turbo, stage 2 intercooler, toyo r888 semi slicks

984296_260461170758280_1091358107_n.jpg

I've recently decided that an MR2 turbo will be my next purchase once i manage to finish and shift my MG Midget. I used to have the mk2 2.0 GT (non-turbo) and, whilst it was hardly the fastest car on the road, the driving position and styling of it gave me an automotive chubby. 

HateEvent - i'll be sure you pick your brains on Jap car performance mods as im a bit of a novice in this field. If i get a stock car then the first thing i'll do is enhance the breathing (induction kit and better exhaust system) and then maybe look to get the head gas ported. My brother had a turbo a while ago and the big-end bearing went. It looks as though this is a common problem so i might fortify this area as well. Maybe a bigger intercooler and some electronic gadgets would be in order?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...