aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker
what "grade" of tesco is meant to be opening on GNR?

express/local

I thinking it will be express.....

I get annoyed of their slightly inflated priced compared to main stores.

I have not not been in the unit but it looks slightly larger than a express store so will probably be a Tesco but a small one similar to the Torry store.

I shall be adding bus diversions etc from now on but remember I am not available Monday to late Friday and I have to type on a Nexus 7 until Laptop fixed.

Guest Cool Thinker

The Duthie park Restoration Project is approaching completion some new things that you can expect from the park in 2013 will be.

Paddle Boats

New play area next to the giant chute.

And everything looking better, hazel head next.

• Upvote 1

The Duthie park Restoration Project is approaching completion some new things that you can expect from the park in 2013 will be.

Paddle Boats

New play area next to the giant chute.

I remember when they had paddle boats before - great fun on the way home from a party in the early hours - I think that is why they were stopped. Maybe everyone will be better behaved this time. Surely musicians wouldn't be tempted by them?

why not UTG?

All the work in duthie park is being paid for from a trust set up specifically for it when it was first built , as far as I know this trust will not be carrying out any work at hazelhead (cool thinker may know otherwise ?) as it is owned / run by the council , the trust will not contribute to UTG for the same reason

All the work in duthie park is being paid for from a trust set up specifically for it when it was first built , as far as I know this trust will not be carrying out any work at hazelhead (cool thinker may know otherwise ?) as it is owned / run by the council , the trust will not contribute to UTG for the same reason

Where did you get that? As far as I know the renovation is costing a bit over £5 million, half of it coming from Heritage Lottery funding which was applied for by, and awarded to the 'Friends of Duthie Park'. The other half is being met by Aberdeen City Council, with the help of a bequest of a well off local lady who left a load of money to the Council to use for Duthie Park, when she died a couple of years ago.

This is the same kind of thing that could be done for UTG, and 'Friends of Union Terrace Gardens' are now trying to change from a campaign group, to model themselves on the Duthie Park group and are looking into funding that could be applied for. Hopefully the Council might be persuaded to help out there too.

Guest Cool Thinker

There is now friends groups for Duthie, UTG & Seaton with Hazelhead coming soon. All of these parks have fallen into a bad state and all deserve a revamp so but funding can be hard to source so will take many decades to get them all restored. The reason why I think Hazlehead is next in line is because it is a busy park and has a lot of potential for events etc and I think they would prefer Hazlehead than UTG is because right now it seems to be getting some improvements from local business`s with a play park and cafe on the cards.

Where did you get that?.

From an elderly relative who was a friend of the well off lady you mentioned , their belief was that it had nothing to do with the council , they could have been misinformed but it seems strange that so much work is being done there when the council is pleading poverty about so many other things ? ?

From an elderly relative who was a friend of the well off lady you mentioned , their belief was that it had nothing to do with the council , they could have been misinformed but it seems strange that so much work is being done there when the council is pleading poverty about so many other things ? ?

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/170016-duthie-park-revamp-plans-unveiled-in-aberdeen/

Guest Cool Thinker

Trespass outdoor shop have now opened in the Trinity Centre.

Jamies Italian exterior has now been complete with interior being worked on in time for early 2013 opening.