aberdeen-music

The Dark Knight Rises (***WARNING SPOILERS***)

Lemonade

There has been a few chops and changes, but Dick Grayson was the first one and moved onto becoming Nightwing and Batman for a while too.

Like I've said, there's no way they can do a sequel to this. And the reboot is going to be in another timeline. And it'll suck in comparison.

I thought Bane sounded like Brian Bedonte. In a studio. The overdubbing was God Awful. There were also parts that didn't make sense... like how Bruce knocks a disc out of his back, 5 minutes later you see his back - not even a scar. A film that had a budget like that should have ensured no silly errors occurred. Good, but not quite The Dark knight. The Joker is probably the greatest villain ever depicted in film.

I thought Bane sounded like Brian Bedonte. In a studio. The overdubbing was God Awful. There were also parts that didn't make sense... like how Bruce knocks a disc out of his back, 5 minutes later you see his back - not even a scar. A film that had a budget like that should have ensured no silly errors occurred. Good, but not quite The Dark knight. The Joker is probably the greatest villain ever depicted in film.

But the "Bat" and the bat bike are believable?

• Upvote 2

I honestly thought it was the best in the entire series.

As great as Heath Ledger was as the joker, I could still take that film or leave it, and I thought that Batman Begins was the better of the two.

But now, I prefer this one, so much more. Tom Hardy was incredible. Commanded my attention whenever he was on screen. So fucking good. Something that Heath Ledger never really did for me.

• Upvote 1

I thought his back was broken, cause of how Bane rather famously breaks Batman's back in the comics. I did wonder how he recovered so quickly.

It didn't heal overnight though. It was a good while before he began climbing.

His back may not have healed overnight but apparently the cartilage in his knee etc all grew back because one minute he was having to use the leg exo skeleton to allow him to move properly - otherwise he needed a cane, the next he was able to climb the big wall etc without it, or did I miss something.

it was good but it was about half an hour too long in the middle and not as good as TDK imo.

Saw it in the IMAX last night. The big screen made it a great spectacle. Opening scenes movement did make me feel quesy though.

I thought it was the best of the three, I wasn't a huge fan of the DK, but I'm going to re watch today as I'm all pumped up over batman.

Was Foley being played by Matthew Modine a clever nod towards the joker or just coincidence?!

I thought they tried to reflect how long he spent in recovery by showing Gotham covered in snow - so to me, he was in that hole for a few months.

Didn't they say it was 3 months in the film? They said the cops had been underground for 3 months. I'm sure I didn't imagine that.

I can't decide if I liked it or not.

How come Bruce Wayne grew a shaggy beard whilst in the prison for 3 months, but the policemen who were underground didn't?

I liked the bit at the American Football game where the guy scores a touchdown from the kick off return, he turns around and the field is blown up. Genuine LOL.

I liked Bane's voice, but didn't like how it sounded so isolated by poor overdubs.

Bane's death was very underwhelming.

Christian Bale is a bad actor. Everyone else was good.

On the plus side, I got to see the trailer for the new Judge Dredd beforehand. It looks fucking hilarious.