aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

It's more like yer popular 4-2-3-1 that United play nowadays isn't it?

One central striker, one 'second striker' playing 'in the hole' (these two perhaps interchangable as with Welbeck/Rooney last year), two wingers and two sitting midfielder.

Last season, essentially:

Welbeck

Young - Rooney - Valencia

Carrick - Scholes

Could be deemed a 4-4-2 as well to a point, but I think there is emphasis on the 'second striker' coming deep.

Im sure even last season they went with the 4-3-3 with Rooney playing the main striker and Young/Welbeck and the worlds best right foot or Nani playing off either side of him......

They nearly always had 2 wingers (Young/Nani on the left and Valencia on the right) alongside both Rooney and Welbeck last season, and a two man central midfield. United play with alot of fluidity, so Nani goes wherever he wants and Rooney runs all over the place, so maybe it's more of a 4-2-4. Definitely had 2 strikers there though. United look limp with just one striker, as it would have to be Rooney, and he gets involved too much to be an all-out-striker on his own.

I agree with your original point though. 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 is the way forward. United should adapt to it really, as they are always getting torn apart in midfield.

heard an interview with Charles Green this morning on radio scotland. He's clearly insane. Claims they're not participating in the SPL investigation into EBT's as they've never been a member and so the SPL don't have jurisdiction over them but still says no one can take the titles from them. What titles? You can't have it both ways Charles.

He constantly contradicted himself throughout the whole interview and also said Rangers don't want to be in the SPL, implying in the process that he doubted the SPL would exist in 3 years.

heard an interview with Charles Green this morning on radio scotland. He's clearly insane. Claims they're not participating in the SPL investigation into EBT's as they've never been a member and so the SPL don't have jurisdiction over them but still says no one can take the titles from them. What titles? You can't have it both ways Charles.

He constantly contradicted himself throughout the whole interview and also said Rangers don't want to be in the SPL, implying in the process that he doubted the SPL would exist in 3 years.

My favourite bit was when he said they have to listen to the fans, which is why they went to the 3rd division when the fans voted overwhelmingly for it. Then two minutes later he said he never listens to the fans and would never play to the gallery and had a go at the interviewer for suggesting it.

• Upvote 1

I like Rhodes and think he will be a good player if he can continue to develop but he's only really proven at League 1 level. He's had an ok start in the Championship but not the same as he was in League 1. He needs more experience, I don't see the problem with using him as a sub. Obviously Levein left the subs too late against Serbia and he admitted that but that page is talking about Rhodes as if he's the second coming of Christ.

I would prefer to see Jamie Mackie given the start ahead of Miller though, Miller has had his time in my opinion and he's made too many mistakes in his chances.

Yeah Miller has earned his wings so to speak, he has lead the line well imo for a number of years, yes his legs may be on the way but he still offers vital experience in what is a very young international side. I agree with Adam, Miller should start but if we are struggling at half time he needs to look at Rhodes much quicker than he did on sat.