aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I don't think it helped that De Gea was dropped. Fergie said it was because of the mistake he made last week, which is a bit harsh, I reckon. It was a bit of a clumsy own goal, though I also think he was fouled as the Fulham player shoved him out of the way and got none of the ball. Despite that, De Gea was the reason United won in the end as he kept out 4 or 5 clear chances in the last 10 minutes. Linegaard hasn't played since January, so he didn't seem too sharp. Very rusty with his kicking, which was awful. I thought De Gea had been excellent in the first two games. Mad shot stopping.

Terrible performance though. Welbeck on the wing? Doesn't work. He kept drifting into midfield, which just didn't suit him at all, which meant that Kagawa was all over the place too. I think United can only play 2 strikers + Kagawa if it's Rooney and Van Persie, as all 3 of them seem comfortable drifting out wide and rotating. Welbeck and Hernandez look useless going outwide. Definitely should have lost that game overall. Bad defending. Awful in midfield. Ungood.

It's great when Liverpool lose. I thought they were good today though, and for large spells the better team, but as soon as the ball is pushed into what should be a goalscoring opportunity, they don't seem to have a clue what to do. Joe Allen was really good, as was Sterling. I thought Diaby was man of the match though. He was everywhere, doing everything. Bossed.

Pepe Reina made a bit of a mess for the second goal. LOL.

Generally agree with this (apart from it being great when Liverpool lose). Allen and Sterling look excellent and Rodgers seems to have Shelvey and Downing playing a bit better. Sahin looked tidy and improved as the game went on. Gerrard probably played his worst ever game for Liverpool though. The striker situation is weird and, from his post-match comments, clearly not what Rodgers was expecting. Wonder what's been going on behind the scenes. They need a good striker to move the opposition defenders around as much as to score goals. There were lots of times today when Liverpool just passed it around the edge of the box but nobody was making runs and opening up spaces to exploit.

I don't know what's happened to Reina. A couple of seasons back he was great. I expect Rodgers likes his passing ability so will stick with him for this season, until he's allowed to buy Vorm. Then he'll convert Reina into a ball playing centre back. You watch.

Wasn't all this talk of Drogba being available for free a load of nonsense in the end?

They should have gone for Del Piero. He's at Sydney FC now. It's a bit annoying how little coverage foreign transfers get on deadline day, or throughout the transfer window. Infact, I didn't even know until yesterday that Essien had gone to Real Madrid. That one barely got mentioned on any of the news sites. Maybe SSN mentioned it, but I don't have SSN.

Wasn't all this talk of Drogba being available for free a load of nonsense in the end?

They should have gone for Del Piero. He's at Sydney FC now. It's a bit annoying how little coverage foreign transfers get on deadline day, or throughout the transfer window. Infact, I didn't even know until yesterday that Essien had gone to Real Madrid. That one barely got mentioned on any of the news sites. Maybe SSN mentioned it, but I don't have SSN.

It was so last minute it didn't get any coverage over what was going on at Spurs Lodge on deadline day.

I don't think it even got announced until about an hour after the deadline.

Di Canio really doesnt pull any shit with his interviews eh!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11758/8048088/Di-Canio-fumes-at-keeper

I wonder what its like to play for him.

He's brilliant. There was an incident last season where he kicked one of his own players on the arse as they came off the pitch, and the FA were all over him for it. I still don't think he apaologised, stating he should be allowed to boot his own players on the arse if he wants to, or words to that effect. He doesn't mess about.

What a top guy. I bet he makes Fergie's "hairdryer" seem like a conversation with Ned Flanders.

Big Bastard approves.

So many different rumours surrounding the whole Ronaldo thing apparantly he cried for 20 minutes after there game yesterday and he didn't celebrate either of his two goals. Feels he should be adored like Messi is in Barcelona and it's making him sad.

I don't know who could afford him anyway, he must be worth like 80 million now after his last transfer. Chelski and Citeh I guess would have a go at that.

Can't beleive the Dons haven't scored (or conceded) in 4.5 hours of football at Pittodrie this season. I cheered good and unlucky performances against Hearts and County but it's becoming a little too frustrating now. I wonder if Brown's claim that "someone will suffer once Vernon starts scoring" put too much pressure on the lad.

A lot better than last season and it's hopefully a matter of time but come on!!!