aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I saw a stat this morning that Hazard has assisted 5 goals in 2 games. Then I thought, hang on a minute, they've scored 6 goals and 2 of them were penalties. I actually had no idea that winning a penalty by being the player who was fouled counts as an assist. That's bonkers, but no wonder Ashley Young got 8 assists last season.

If you get a professional footballer to commit to challenge in the box that's a legit assist in my book.

I suppose I agree, but I did also find out that a penalty whether it goes in or is saved by the goalkeeper doesn't officially count as a shot on target, yet the drawing of the foul for a penalty counts as an assist. Stats are crazy!

Pawlett on loan to St Johnstone. That's a strange one.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120823/petes-a-temporary-saint_2212158_2898066

He's not getting a game and has said he's happy to go out on loan to get game time. Hopefully he comes back and gets a chance when the loans finished as I've got a lot of time for him as a player, not sure why Brown's not given him a chance.

He's not getting a game and has said he's happy to go out on loan to get game time. Hopefully he comes back and gets a chance when the loans finished as I've got a lot of time for him as a player, not sure why Brown's not given him a chance.

I think he has potential but I haven't really seen him do anything productive since the season before last apart from diving to win a pen against Hibs. Less wages to pay during the loan spell and we've got this lad Fraser coming through so I think it's a decent move. I assume there will be some clause whereby we can call him back in an emergency. Also Milsom can't get a game and this young lad Paton is ready to explode onto the scene...

Would be funny if Hearts can do something against Liverpool tonight.

Oh well Newcastle got an equalizer just before half time. Even with a makeshift Liverpool side still no start for Carroll! Hope Hearts can at least make it a game and not get fucked over like they did last season against Spurs.

Think Cruz will be off before the window shuts.

Man Utd's new signing taking an obvious dive, another one i see.....

OLYMPIC-HEADKICK.gif

Hector Herrera hasn't signed yet. I don't even think United have made an approach, though I believe Liverpool possibly have. He can't be signing for United, because he's a midfielder. Why would United buy a midfielder, ever? ARE YOU CRAZY?! Don't need. Wingers and strikers only.

• Upvote 1