Jump to content
aberdeen-music
Lemonade

What game are you currently playing?

Recommended Posts

"Whales" is a term used in gambling, also...

Golf is an expensive sport because courses are completely fucking absurd things: massively water, pesticide intensive, etc. etc. I'm a cunt hair away from thinking golfers should all be shot, tbh.

It's also considered a rich man's game anywhere but Scotland (even there...), but that's kind of the point: it's a place to schmooze with other rich businessmen, government officials, top cops and so forth, so the money you spend is more an investment in getting even richer rather than an expense for a hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From about the age of 8 till 15 my junior membership was 30 quid for the year. Played as much as I wanted. All balls used were locally foraged from gorse bushes. Would go out with a bucket and a sand wedge and scoop up hundreds. Played in the same adidas AstroTurf numbers id play football in. The only hoity toity part of golfing as a kid was having to wear a shirt with a collar to get into the clubhouse. Pool table was 20p, mars bar 30p and a pint of orange and water 20p. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ca_gere said:

From about the age of 8 till 15 my junior membership was 30 quid for the year. Played as much as I wanted. All balls used were locally foraged from gorse bushes. Would go out with a bucket and a sand wedge and scoop up hundreds. Played in the same adidas AstroTurf numbers id play football in. The only hoity toity part of golfing as a kid was having to wear a shirt with a collar to get into the clubhouse. Pool table was 20p, mars bar 30p and a pint of orange and water 20p. 

I stopped at 15 as well because I didn't want to pay adult membership. I was always shite but it was a fun thing to go and do with my pals. I don't think there was a dress code at the two courses I played at but I remember an old guy shouting at me once for wearing jeans on the course. Like come on, is your life that shit that you have to go out of your way to come and shout at a 14 year old kid for wearing jeans on your precious golf course? We weren't allowed in the bar but there was a wee games room with a pool table and you'd get a pint of Coke for 50p. Good times. 

I almost got a hole in one once. Hit the pin. Absolute fluke. I could take that shot 100 times and I'd probably only even get it on the green like 4 or 5 times. 

Dicks Sports in the Broch (a real shop) used to sell found golf balls for cheap, and would buy them off you too. Most of mine come from there. I was a Maxfli or a Titleist guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My chums and I always used to steal one of the flags from The Broch golf course and set it on fire at beach parties. Every week it was replaced, every weekend it was burned.

What hole was closest to the second bomb hole, Lemonade?

Edited by James Broonbreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

My chums and I always used to steal one of the flags from The Broch golf course and set it on fire at beach parties. Every week it was replaced, every weekend it was burned.

What hole was closest to the second bomb hole, Lemonade?

Not sure, but we did the same. We had a campie about halfway between Tiger Hill and the Philorth and we were forever burning the flags, rakes and anything else we could find that would go on the campfire. We dismantled and burned one of their fences once, then next time we went over and they'd flattened our campie with a bulldozer or something. Golf pricks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, that's probably the same bit we used to camp oot in.

The golf club always seemed to have plenty of wood about to keep the fire going.  Then there was the dreaded walk to the 24 hour garage....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, James Broonbreed said:

Aye, that's probably the same bit we used to camp oot in.

The golf club always seemed to have plenty of wood about to keep the fire going.  Then there was the dreaded walk to the 24 hour garage....

I remember cooking square sausage over a campfire down there using a rusty piece of corrugated metal from a fence then having serious, serious diahorrea the next day. Karma for wrecking the fence probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, James Broonbreed said:

My chums and I always used to steal one of the flags from The Broch golf course and set it on fire at beach parties. Every week it was replaced, every weekend it was burned.

 

We never burnt anything, but anything we could find was chucked in the pond at Westhill golf course without fail on a Friday night, ready for the oil golf wankers on a Saturday morning. We'd also phone them up and ask if there were any tournaments going on that weekend, just to make sure that as much stuff as possible got into the pond the night before.

I remember hauling a bench across the course just to throw that in as well. It all started when one golf prick had a go at us for crossing the golf course because it saved a huge walk around, so wrecking his precious golf course became a ritual.

Edited by Cloud
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

Cloudy Lemonade are both dicks for wrecking a golf course.

I didn't even mention the frozen rats in the holes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cloud said:

We never burnt anything, but anything we could find was chucked in the pond at Westhill golf course without fail on a Friday night, ready for the oil golf wankers on a Saturday morning. We'd also phone them up and ask if there were any tournaments going on that weekend, just to make sure that as much stuff as possible got into the pond the night before.

I remember hauling a bench across the course just to throw that in as well. It all started when one golf prick had a go at us for crossing the golf course because it saved a huge walk around, so wrecking his precious golf course became a ritual.

Good move; finding out when tournaments were on. Maximum disruption. Golf wankers are the worst, especially fisherman golf wankers and oil golf wankers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to put emulators (say for SNES, Mega Drive, Gameboy Advance etc) on to a Nintendo 3DS? Is such a thing even possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spiderman was amazing. I'll be doing another playthrough again soon. If you're on xbox you're doing it wrong and missing out. 

Got a switch (main present) so i've been playing a lot of Mario Kingdom Rabbids (fun wee turn based game. rabbids are like a funnier less annoying minion) and Binding of Isaac Afterbirth. I have Rebirth on PS4 but it seemed like the perfect game for Switching on the go. 

 

I'll be getting RD2 at the end of this month. Hopefully I've finished Zelda on switch before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to put emulators (say for SNES, Mega Drive, Gameboy Advance etc) on to a Nintendo 3DS? Is such a thing even possible?

Quick search and this site has been reconmended - https://3ds.hacks.guide/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MattJimF said:

Quick search and this site has been reconmended - https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Thanks for that.

Interesting reading. aka, waaaay more difficult than I anticipated. I thought it was going to be putting some software on an SD card and loading up some ROMs

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(seedminer)

 

I just wanna play Turtles In Time on the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

Thanks for that.

Interesting reading. aka, waaaay more difficult than I anticipated. I thought it was going to be putting some software on an SD card and loading up some ROMs

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(seedminer)

 

I just wanna play Turtles In Time on the bus.

I have a memory card loaded with ROMs on my DS, but it only plays DS games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...