aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Plan is to open her up and add washers to the heatsink and make a better connection to the board, make the connection more secure yadda yadda yadda. Should work.

xx

Aye, sounds good. But what I meant was, for a noob who was going to risk ruining it with a towel, wouldn't compound be an easy quick fix?

Aye, sounds good. But what I meant was, for a noob who was going to risk ruining it with a towel, wouldn't compound be an easy quick fix?

It would but getting into the console is a fucker of a job. Unless you're careful it'll do more harm than good trying to open it. Microsoft basically designed it so it can't be opened by n00bs to stop modding etc.

xx

It would but getting into the console is a fucker of a job. Unless you're careful it'll do more harm than good trying to open it. Microsoft basically designed it so it can't be opened by n00bs to stop modding etc.

xx

aha okay. surely noobz wouldn't be modding. Fucking bill gates. For a smart guy he sure is dumb.

Not so much noobs modding but the original Xbox was really bad for pro hackz n modz. Nothing worse than starting a game of halo 2 and realising you cant kill the other team as they fly above you taking potshots with a smg that fires rockets and sniper bullets. Probably why the current console is so difficult to get into!

• Upvote 1

Not so much noobs modding but the original Xbox was really bad for pro hackz n modz. Nothing worse than starting a game of halo 2 and realising you cant kill the other team as they fly above you taking potshots with a smg that fires rockets and sniper bullets. Probably why the current console is so difficult to get into!

sounds like the best game ever.

Yeah, this. They tried to design the console to be completely un-get-in-to-able. As it is, it's a cunt of a job but it's doable for l33t pros, but not n00bs.

xx

Im sure there are maybe security risks to modding consols as well, i know people with haxor PS3's have been able to access things they never should have been able too. But yeah nothing worse than coming up against one of those bastards. Almost as bad as standbyers, but thankfully they seem to have almost eliminated that shite altogether.

On certain routers you are able to quickly turn it on and off, using a standbye button, without losing your net connection. If you are hosting a game (on Halo 2/3 games were hosted on one Xbox, the one connected with the best connection in comparison to the other players in the game) and you do this it basically messes up the game for everyone but you, you can walk around the map killing people whilst the person your killing is looking at a loading screen. I played quite a few games early on in Halo 3 where you would be winning, the game would seem to lag out and when it kicked back in you were 10 points down and you lost. Or they would do it at the start of a game so when you finally got to play you were points down. Now if someone tries to do it the game tries to migrate the host as its deemed to be a bad connection.

• 2 weeks later...
So I was trying to decide between AC:3, Dishonoured and Farcry 3. Sounds like I should get Farcry 3?

Yes! Dishonoured is very good as well though (don't listen to people who say it's short, it's not if you don't just barrel straight through the middle of the story missions).

Haven't played AC3 yet. Will pick it up at some point.

Probably one of the best ever games released on the Xbox.

I was at the bit the other night when you go to the funeral home and you see the shadow of a guy round a corner, I approached him and when I got close the lights went out. When they came on I rushed round the corner with my shotgun out but no one was there. It was a dead end. Picked up some items, turn around and went to leave and all of sudden some maniac burst out of a corpse fridge wielding a wrench. Jesus.

• Upvote 3

Had Farcry 3, Dishonoured and Assassin’s Creed 3 in my paws in CEX last night.  Decided to go with AC:3 as a safe choice, knowing I enjoyed the other versions of it (except Revelations).  Got into it last night and its bloody great!  The combat is a bit different and takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it’s fluid as fuck.  A definite improvement overall.  I was surprised that there’s a whole chapter of the game that you play before being introduced to the guy from the trailers/front cover, but it works really well as setting the scene, getting you used to the controls.  I’ll just say, there’s a huge twist in the storyline at about the 1.5 hour mark, which was an ace start to it all. I was also a bit apprehensive about the countryside setting, and the fact that its FUCKING HUGE, but it is really well done and looks phenomenal.  Feels like Skyrim in scale so far (but it’s
not even close…).  Anyway, 3 hours in and really recommend it to y’all. 

Farcry 3 and Dishonoured will have to wait. 

I'm back on Team Fortress 2 at lunchtimes at work now.

Jesus its brutal.

Good man. Everyone should try TF2 at least once (not the console versions as they haven't been updated in years). I've tried multiple times to drag myself away from it, but now I've passed 2100 hours :\

http://steamcommunity.com/id/russianguyovich/stats/TF2'>http://steamcommunity.com/id/russianguyovich/stats/TF2

My favourite game of all time pretty much. It's free to play as well.

Edited by The Kernel Loaf

I'm still playing The Force Unleashed. It's hard, and I don't like hard games, so I normally play it until I reach a really hard bit, get killed a bunch of times, switch it off in a massive strop to stop me throwing the controller through the wall, then don't play it again for another few weeks.

I don't like it. The control is awkward, the storyline is boring, and the fighting is repetitive.