aberdeen-music

Nightclub firm Luminar in administration

Flash@TMB

It's incredible, they were losing over £1/2M pounds a day yet selling cheap pints right to the bitter end. Their losses for the year were actually greater than their turnover LOL. Their business plan must read like a suicide note. Those figures are for the whole chain BTW not just the Aberdeen branch.

• Upvote 3

Guest Gladstone

This will surely lead to more trouble in Belmont Street...

No idea how busy Liquid was/is these days but if it's still pulling a few hundred+ of a Saturday night, then those punters will go somewhere and the chances are it will be Priory / Espionage because Pearl Lounge normally has queues to get in doesn't it? Well, the last time I was anywhere near that place was probably about 3 or 4 years ago, so I've no idea.

It makes no difference to my life to be honest because I'm rarely in Aberdeen and very very rarely in Aberdeen after midnight on a Friday/Saturday night.

What will the building be used for now...?

On the rare occasions I've been in Liquid I've found it's not really got that many cunts in it, just studenty types who don't know any better. The real proper cunts go to places like Franklins and Jumpin' Jaks or whatever other shit nightclubs are in The Justice Mill Lane area. Becks Bar? Is that still there? Vogue? Fever? Fever was fucking terrible.

On the rare occasions I've been in Liquid I've found it's not really got that many cunts in it, just studenty types who don't know any better. The real proper cunts go to places like Franklins and Jumpin' Jaks or whatever other shit nightclubs are in The Justice Mill Lane area. Becks Bar? Is that still there? Vogue? Fever? Fever was fucking terrible.

Don't forgot The Fight Cotton Club.

The Rig was full of cunts when it was open. And I only went in to pee.

The Rig / The Cross / Charlies. Many names changes, same old cunts. Jam, that was full of cunts too. Yates. Cotton Club. Becks Bar. Justice Mill Lane was cunt central for a long time, last time I was down on a Friday night though it was total empty.