aberdeen-music

Wheatus @ The Tunnels 26-Sep-11

Hmm. I was talking about them the other day as well. Only know two of their songs like. :stupid:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Time

26 September 19:00 - 22:00

Tunnels, Aberdeen

Created by:

PromoScotland Aberdeen

More info

PROMO SCOTLAND PROUDLY PRESENTS WHEATUS!

Tickets: 11.00 (Promo Scotland — Home)

Available ALSO from One-Up from 27th June!

Guest Gladstone

That's a bit of a weird one.

Do they have new stuff or are they just trying to coin in on their singles from 10 years ago that got them a bit popular for a while?

Guest Gladstone

I've said "maybe" to this event on Facebook.

I'm sure it will be fucking mobbed - which will be good to see at the Tunnels. I've only once before been to a sold out Tunnels and that was about 5 years ago to see the Maccabees. I'd rather it was packed for an up and coming band like the Maccabees were 5 years ago, but you know - it's a cool venue, so seeing it packed for anything will be good!

Do they have new stuff or are they just trying to coin in on their singles from 10 years ago that got them a bit popular for a while?

In the intervening years they've release 3 or 4 albums and a couple of EPs. I think they're all pretty great. Think you can download a couple for free from their website. Really looking forward to this gig actually.

I've said "maybe" to this event on Facebook.

I'm sure it will be fucking mobbed - which will be good to see at the Tunnels. I've only once before been to a sold out Tunnels and that was about 5 years ago to see the Maccabees. I'd rather it was packed for an up and coming band like the Maccabees were 5 years ago, but you know - it's a cool venue, so seeing it packed for anything will be good!

to be fair its quite often packed for shows these days too, whether it be by new bands or something like this. It is indeed harder to do just now given alot of people are struggling financially, but not wholly impossible.

Safe to say I majorly regretted going to see Wheatus way back when I was at school (mmm Im old) at The Music Hall - quite possibly the worst band Ive seen at that level.

They had one album at that point (no idea how many they have now) and still managed to double the length of it for a live show that had more of them chucking bananas at each other than actual music. They also left the two songs that I knew (Little Respect and Teenage Dirtbag) until last which at the time being an impatient kid made me dislike it even more.

Having said that it would prob be okay in somewhere like Tunnels for a bit of a laugh and for all I know they could have written 5 or 6 masterpieces since then.

Guest Gladstone
to be fair its quite often packed for shows these days too, whether it be by new bands or something like this. It is indeed harder to do just now given alot of people are struggling financially, but not wholly impossible.

I am really in no place to comment - I haven't been to the Tunnels for fucking ages!! When I used to go regularly it was often fairly quiet, including at the weekend - good to hear it's busier now though! I always thought it had the potential to be a fantastic venue!