aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I like the quote about Evra. What should he have said? Surely him not saying anything about it is adhering to the FA's ruling, as they banned anyone from talking about it, but Liverpool continued to hammer on about it anyway, which they didn't seem to be punished for. Evra can be a bit of a shit stirrer (vs Arsenal "men against boys", and comparing Lilliam Thuram to Malcolm X ) which is probably why I like him, but he came out of the whole fracas with fuckloads more class than anyone at Liverpool by keeping his mouth shut and not fuelling the fire, which is what both parties were ordered to do.

Liverpool are horrid. Evra is the king. Long live the king.

Both have certainly done it, but my first memory of it being a 'thing' at all amongst Dons players was Anderson, for sure. Seve only really started doing it frequently once he moved to centre half after Anderson had left if I recall.

Loads of Dons defenders used to do it. Almost always resulted in the opposition fans going mental and the rest of Pittodrie chanting "You don't know the rules" back at them. Great fun.

From one page of one thread and that's with skimming the posts too long to read.

Fuck Liverpool Football Club. The way most of that cunting club's followers have been deluded by their club's stance on the Suarez situation really boils my piss. Suarez used Evra's ethnicity as an insult and Evra was offended by it. END OF FUCKING STORY. "Wah wah wah cultural differences wah wah it's okay in Uruguay wah wah wah." Doesn't bloody matter. All that matters is that Evra, the victim, was angered by a comment that, in Britain, is completely racist. By that logic, racism should only be punished when a white Englishman has insulted a black Englishman. Absolutely ridiculous, and see those t-shirts? Absolute shower of pricks, Liverpool. Dalglish described the t-shirts as "a lovely gesture to make" in a press conference last night.

Read that again. A lovely gesture to make. What, for a man who's just been found guilty of being a despicable, racist idiot? What the actual fuck? I genuinely can't get my head around Liverpool's response to this. Absolutely disgusting shower of bastards, the lot of them. LUIS SUAREZ WILL NEVER WALK ALONE! Nope, you're all racists together, cunts.

• Upvote 4

What I hate most is how Dalglish, Suarez, Anyone involved with Liverpool, or even Gus Poyet - who I used to have alot of time and respect for - waded in every single day constantly backing Suarez despite the FA ordering Manchester United and Liverpool to remain completely silent over the matter. But still, everyday, the papers are printing interviews about Dalglish backing Suarez, Liverpool backing Suarez, Suarez backing Dalglish for backing Suarez. Suarez backing Suarez. Everyday. Then Liverpool fans would claim that Evra's and Manchester United's silence over the matter was a sure-fire sign of guilt, even though they were just obeying the fucking rules. Cretins.

And between all that came the t-shirts, championing the justice for a player who ADMITTED to using the word "negro" to a black person. Oh, and not forgetting the middle finger to the Fulham fans. I'm surprised he didn't claim that the middle finger is Uruguayan for "Hey homez. What's shakin'?" and in no way disrespectful like it is everywhere else in the world. They genuinely should have banned him for the rest of the season, or this entire calendar year. He's by far the worst thing to happen to the Premier League, quite possibly ever.

He's said sorry now. Blatter will be pleased. Racism can be forgotten with a "soz mate" and a handshake.

• Upvote 1

Right, this is basically it as far as I can gather:

- Foster to Bristol City for £250k - at an early stage of negotiation, however Foster travelling down the road to seal the deal tomorrow.

- Mark Reynolds (ex Motherwell) to sign from Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season. Pacy centre half who can also play right back. Good signing, but we still need a left back.

- Russell Anderson to sign on a free and replace Fozzie as captain. Unsure of length of deal (presumably until the end of the season to prove his fitness). I believe this deal hinges on the Foster deal concluding. Good signing, but we still need a left back.

You would think, but seems a decent fit for both clubs...Chelsea, or more pertinantly AVB, gets rid of a player who he clearly doesn't fancy; United get exactly the kind of player they're missing.

Decent £250k for Foster would be great business for us.

Are you fucking mental?

Peanuts for the club captain with european experience, a league winners medal from last year and 18 months on his contract. That's a shocking figure if it's true no matter what you think of Foster.

Right, this is basically it as far as I can gather:

- Foster to Bristol City for £250k - at an early stage of negotiation, however Foster travelling down the road to seal the deal tomorrow.

- Mark Reynolds (ex Motherwell) to sign from Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season. Pacy centre half who can also play right back. Good signing, but we still need a left back.

- Russell Anderson to sign on a free and replace Fozzie as captain. Unsure of length of deal (presumably until the end of the season to prove his fitness). I believe this deal hinges on the Foster deal concluding. Good signing, but we still need a left back.

Rather than make Anderson captain again I'd like to see the money spent on Arnason and give him the captaincy. Give Anderson a contract but until he proves he can be fit for a whole season he shouldn't be captain.

We MUST sign more full-backs. At the moment we're just repeating the biggest mistake of McGhee's tenure.

Are you fucking mental?

Peanuts for the club captain with european experience, a league winners medal from last year and 18 months on his contract. That's a shocking figure if it's true no matter what you think of Foster.

£250k for Foster is a good deal for the dons, if it lets us offer Arnesen a bit more and get Anderson it along with another full back its brilliant news for the dons. Foster has and always will be a very average player skill wise with fantastic physical attributes. Warrented this season he has been a bit better than he usual has been for us but its not been hard really. Getting any money in for him is a great deal for us.

£250k for Foster is a good deal for the dons...Getting any money in for him is a great deal for us.

Completely disagree with that. We should have been looking for more than £700k for a player with that experience and with 18 months still on his contract. It's a terrible bit of business. Hibs and Dundee Utd would have got much more than that if he was their player, AFC just seem to roll over at the slightest whiff of cash.

£250k might help us keep Arnason and might help us sign Anderson, who may or may not be fit enough to actually play any games. But what money will we use to sign the fullbacks we so obviously need? Or are we just going to hope Considine and McArdle can make do? If we'd held out for a decent wedge of cash closer to his actual value then we might actually be able to replace him. The gleeful attitude of some Dons fans to this deal just because they've never liked Foster is frankly disgusting.

I have to say that £250k is the figure quoted in the piece of shit that is the Daily Record, which I believe is being used as the source of the actual value amongst many people on Twitter/other news sites.

BBC (Liam MacLeod) reporting the figure is 'undisclosed' (which is pretty standard nowadays), but the truth is we're unlikely to know the true value of the transfer until the club's financial report is released in April.