aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

That was pish from Torres - a world class striker would put that in the back of the net.

Yes but Torres is no longer a world class striker, think he needs a spell in the BSP he might actually score some goals there! Credit where its due to Chelsea, hope they get Real or Barcelona in the next round but they'll probably be jammy and get that team from Cyprus. Be even funnier if they got knocked out by them though! On penalties of course!

Guest Gladstone
Yes but Torres is no longer a world class striker, think he needs a spell in the BSP he might actually score some goals there! Credit where its due to Chelsea, hope they get Real or Barcelona in the next round but they'll probably be jammy and get that team from Cyprus. Be even funnier if they got knocked out by them though! On penalties of course!

That was my point exactly!

That's the first time I've watched Torres for a while actually - I missed most of the 90 minutes, but Torres looked like he was fair getting stuck in and played nae bad. That miss when the keeper came out and totally missed the ball was a difficult chance, but a £50m striker should put that away for fun.

That was pish from Torres - a world class striker would put that in the back of the net.

Nah.

a striker would put that in the back of the net.

That's more like it.

Torres works hard, gets mucked in, gets the best out of other players around him. Hopeless infront of goal, but as long as other players around him score, he'll be lauded as a reasonable player.

Hang on. All that sounds quite familiar, doesn't it?

emile%20heskey.jpg

No chance...he's a striker. He's looked unhappy and low on confidence for ages, but if RDM can get him to cheer the fuck up, he'll start scoring for fun.

Will he though? He's had a case of the sulks since is second to last season at Liverpool. He's been a shit goalscorer for ages. I agree he's done well dropping deep and drfiting out wide though. That cross for Mata's goal against United was banging. He's good at keeping the ball and running at the defence. He just doesn't have that killer instinct anymore. I can't see him ever fully returning to 20+ per season goalscoring ways. he won't just walk into the Spain side anymore either with Llorente and Muniain being GREAT at football.

Decent player to have in the attack, but £50million? Jeepers.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11789/7597966/Arnason-hopes-for-Dons-deal

Can anyone see this happening? After Craig Brown stocked up on midfielders thinking he was leaving surely there isn't any room left on the wage bill.

I can. He's our best central midfield player and we should be donig what we can to keep him.

Folly and Fyvie are likely to be gone sooner rather than later, leaving Osbourne, Rae, Hughes, Arnason, Milsom, Clark (of whom Clark, Hughes and Milsom can both play wide), but often we end up with three quite central, which would work.

I still can't believe Clark was given a three year deal.

I agree Torres was nae too bad when he came on last night but his goal return since his ridiculously inflated transfer fee is beyond pathetic. Think that's 26 games without finding the net now! Not Torres fault he went such a sum though. He should deffo leave England to relaunch his game, doubt he'll be going to the Euros at this rate.

Wonder if Man U can turn things around in Spain tonight? Fergie may well write off the Europa League as a tax loss and play a bunch of fringe players, a very tall order and let's face it stealing the title from City is the main priority.

Terrible. Bilbao line up defensively like a basketball team. Everyone is man marked in open play, which is just so simple that it works. Whenever anyone gets the ball, Bilbao put a man infront of the United players, and who has the ball carrier got left to pass to? Fucking nobody. Make every free player unavailable, press the ball carrier. Ridiculously simple. Totally shut United down. They are tactically brilliant.

Fuck the lot of them.