aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Rumours floating about that Whyte may quit as Hun Chairman and also that the police are getting involved because of a suggestion that he borrowed the Ticketus money against Rangers BEFORE he owned them, put the money in the account of another business he owns and then used the money to buy Rangers! If he did, there's also the suspicion that Wheels knew about it too. Spicy!

• Upvote 1

There was also word that Wednesday chairman and all-round shady gent Madaric was interested in buying Rangers. I think he's come out and denied it now, but still... Is one person even allowed to own two football clubs?

I think as long as they play in different league structures then it's acceptable. That dude that owns Javier Hernandez's old club also owns a franchise in the MLS. I know this because I read the article on the BBC website about him.

looks like my team will finally be in action after a lengthy lay off due to the weather. Hope we have recovered from the nightmare of our last match - an embarrassing home defeat by Tamworth. Probably not as away at top of the table Fleetwood who have spent shit loads of money, have shit loads of money - they could afford to turn down one million pound bids for their star striker. I see nothing but a right royal thumping, oh well I'll have opened a bottle of vodka by this point so the pain won't be too bad and it's not like I'm expecting anything else but a miserable defeat.

I think as long as they play in different league structures then it's acceptable. That dude that owns Javier Hernandez's old club also owns a franchise in the MLS. I know this because I read the article on the BBC website about him.

That makes sense, but whilst it is utterly and incredibly unlikely to ever happen in the next 15 years or so, there is still a very, very slight chance Wednesday could play Rangers in Europe if Wednesday came up trumps in the Carling Cup or something. They won't, ever, but they could. That'd be odd. He could also forge moves between the clubs, and use one unofficially as a feeder club if he so wished. It shouldn't be allowed. Down with that sort of thing.

There was also word that Wednesday chairman and all-round shady gent Madaric was interested in buying Rangers. I think he's come out and denied it now, but still... Is one person even allowed to own two football clubs?

In that programme about buying football clubs where Robson was being hunners shady, there was discussion to the effect that there are people who own several teams, but put puppets in their place as owners.

I hope he's right. Nobody would want them in the English league after what they did to Manchester. I hope all leagues reject them, and they are stuck in limbo, playing friendlies against non-FIFA registered national sides like Catalonia and The Turkish Replublic of North Cyprus, or whatever they're called. Brilliant.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/77804281/I-Am-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic

For anyone interested, Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiography is now available in English. If you've got ALOT of time on your hands, it's worth giving it read on that link above. I spent the past hour and a half reading as much as I can. It's just wonderful.

He's not mincing his words with the title there is he?