aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Read the comments on this article on the skysports website, now remind me, did Suarez not admit he used racist language against Evra? If so where does this liar thing come from?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7435406/Evra-to-lead-by-example

If you are a Liverpool fan, Suarez said no such word, nor did he ever admit to doing so. Suarez is a saint, and the victim in all of this. If you are a levelheaded human being, Suarez clearly admitted to using the N word though only apologised for "not knowing" it was offensive. Not for offending Evra. I have no idea how Evra could lie about being the victim of racial abuse, when Suarez admitted to doing so, but Liverpool fans have been on a completely different planet through this whole fracas, where logic, common sense and rationality simply don't exist. Evra is going to get pummeled by boos in two weeks time, because he was racially abused by one of their players. It makes zero sense. Liverpool make zero sense. I hope they go fucking bust.

• Upvote 2

He also admitted to using the word 'negrito', which is where the real stir seems to have been caused.

However, to call someone a "negro" in Spanish 9 or 10 times (as has been reported) still seems to fit the context of racial abuse. Just as it probably would if an english person said "You're black" repeatedly.

It's probably why the whole thing has taken so long, due to having to determine the context rather than the words used. Suarez is a cunt anyway. Send him to jail.

Bob Manc is crying to the papers this morning. He has 4 players unavailable, due to suspension/ACN/injuries. Four. Can you believe it? I think Arsenal have twice that amount injured, and that's just their full backs. United currently have 8 out injured, with Hernandez still not close to being 100% on top of that. Welbeck seemed to twist his knee quite badly as he stretched for the second goal on Saturday, so that could be 9. David Silva is injured, so Mancini has had to field £22million midfielder Samir Nasri in his place. Football is cruel, isn't it?

Whether or not there's doubt over his intentions at the time his behaviour since shows him as being like you say, a cunt. Even with being found guilty of racially insulting Evra he (and the club) could still have come out of this looking ten times as good as they do now. However every thing they've done since the incident has been the work of complete knobheads.

I can see why Bobby is upset, Kompany, Silva and Yaya would probably be the last three he'd want to lose. But surely he's got to appreciate how it's not really on complaining about it in their situation.

They are big players, but he's got more than enough money to build a squad. They are not at the point where they are playing midfielders at centre back or pulling kids out of the academy to play at full back like United and Arsenal respectively have had to do. He always knew Yaya and Kolo were going to be off for a month, so he could have prepared for that. Gaz Baz, Milner and De Jong are reasonable cover for Yaya between them. Nasri for Silva. Not sure about Kompany. Savic will get better as he gets more game time. Lescott's still pretty good. Better than Kolo anyway.

Man City were hanging on at the end of the Wigan match. Finished with a 5 man defence and 2 holding midfield players. Tottenham have a real chance if they play like that on Sunday.

The transfer window has been so dull. Halfway through and the most exciting thing has been Gary Cahill's crazy wage demands. Hopefully things will pick up a bit.

The most exciting thing to have happened is Lukas Jutkiewicz signing for Middlesbrough from Coventry. He's the guy who scored the final goal in the Motherwell v Hibs game that finished 6-6 a couple of years ago.

Fuck Yeah

I love how it takes a 6-6 scoreline to generate any enthusiasm in Scottish football. The commentators were jizzin themselves over that.

Darlington ain't got no players no more. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16584216.stm

"To say I feel sick is an understatement," said Marc Bridge-Wilkinson on his Twitter account, while team-mate Paul Arnison told of his frustrations at being made redundant and defender Aaron Brown expressed surprise at being asked to train for the Fleetwood game.

Adam Rundle, who was one of the players to have accepted reduced payments to ensure the club fulfilled the fixture at Barrow earlier this month, was equally disappointed.

"Not a good day if you're a player - even got taxed on the £200 we were offered for the Barrow game, [i am] hoping Darlo survive though, looks promising," Rundle said on his social networking account.

Former chairman Raj Singh placed the club in administration earlier this month, but as the major creditor said he would not demand his investment back if a buyer could be found.

it's a depressing situation down in the conference and further down the non league pyramid, my own club have been in admin and an inch away from going bust. In the seven seasons we've been in the conference I don't think the relegation places have been sorted out on the pitch once. Someone always goes bust or is demoted a few leagues whilst other teams get a reprieve. Both Darlington and Kettering are in serious trouble this season, feel especially sorry for Darlo as they were right royally shagged by former chairman George Reynolds. They play is 25,000 all seater stadium but get crowds of barely over 2,000!

• Upvote 1

Wigan were ace last night. They just need an actual striker to finish off their attacking movements. Moses and Rodelllega operate more like inside forwards, and don't really have the guile to plump themselves in the middle of the box. They had great movement stretching the play, but when the ball went in, nobody was there.

James McCarthy is one of the most under appreciated midfielders in the Premier League. A fine player. Great discipline, and has a knack of recieving the ball under pressure and not releasing a pass until the last possible second. Serious composure. He could do with covering a bit more ground, and perhaps making a late run into the box. He's probably wise to stay back though, since wigan are so prone to losing the ball in the final third without a player up top who can retain possesion and get on the end of the supply.

Aguero's stupid mazy run was stupid. He could have had a shot about 7 times during that mazy run, but instead he opted for a drag back or a turn every time. You could see Dzeko getting fed up with him being a knob that he stood in his way and shot himself. Aguero was never going to shoot. He probably would have reached the byline and done a stepover to try and fool the fucking goalpost, then strayed out wide and nutmegged the linesmen. Chump.

Yeah i never understand that, why the hell did they build a stadium that big for a club that size?!! I know English clubs can attract bigger attendances than up here, but surely a team like them will never fill that stadium whilst they are in the lower leagues??!!

I don't know the full story but Reynolds was spouting shite how Darlington were going to a Premier League side in 10 years and needed a stadium to match that ambition. The daft thing is, the capacity is restricted to 10,000 for football matches so in the unlikely event they did make the promise land it'd have been about as useful as a chocolate fireguard! And Reynolds knew this when they put the planning application in. It has been used for the odd gig (Elton John has played there) but it's a ring around their neck for sure.

• Upvote 1

Yeah i never understand that, why the hell did they build a stadium that big for a club that size?!! I know English clubs can attract bigger attendances than up here, but surely a team like them will never fill that stadium whilst they are in the lower leagues??!!

probably wouldn't even fill it even if they got into the PL. They'd suffer from Wigan syndrome. Everyone local either supports Newcastle/Sunderland/Middlesborough, or doesn't give a stuff about football. Like in wigan, where everyone either supports United or thinks Football is for softies.

They should move both teams to Albuquerque.

He was a touch delusional and was planning on them getting promoted to the championship within 5 years of the stadium being built. They didn't even get to league 1. They've been doomed ever since.

Never thought I'd ever say this but compared to quite a few teams in the conference, Cambridge are quite a well club these days! At least we stopped throwing money at promotion and living within our means for a change!!! It's such a tough league to get out of with only two promoted teams and nowadays around half the league is made up of former football league teams with similar ambition.