aberdeen-music

Has there ever been a better TV performance than this?

Paranoid Android

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing i love about the jools ATD-I clip is that it encapsulates the band members' future work perfectly. the three dudes from sparta trying to play steadily and hold the song together whilst omar and cedric from the mars volta just go tits.

the best tv performance is probably

, however.

Sad Pumpkins fact: This was the original arrangement of Disarm.

Re Sonic Youth Silver Rocket on the South Bank Show, why was there a snippet of Rain King in the middle of it?!

I have no idea how Thurston Moore at 12' 6 can make a Fender Mustang / Bronco ...or whatever it is ( was :) look cool and Kim gordon at 3' 8 a Rickenbacker!! guess thats the difference :)

I have never heard Hum before, but that wall of noise is IMMENSE.

You'd Prefer An Astronaut - Hum - Spotify

Downward Is Heavenward - Hum - Spotify

2nd and 3rd albums. First one is very bad, and also not on Spotify. I think I prefer Downward is Heavenward. The production is perfect. Astronaut sounds a bit ropey, but it's still a belter.

Great band.

Some of my favourite performances from through the years :

Torn - Natalie Imbruglia - Not my favourite song but love this version:

Ian Hunter/Mick Ronson/David Bowie/Joe Elliot and some of Queen - All the young Dudes - Freddie mercury Tribute Show - the great Mick Ronson's last live appearance:

The much underrated Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Old grey Whistle Test - Delilah, nuts, but Zal just looks bzarre...:

Bit of a long one this, but Queen at Live Aid, 1995, one of the best performances on the day, and shows a band at the peak of their powers.

Not for everyone but I love them all :)