aberdeen-music

The 'WORST BAND' In Aberdeen - The Fudge Awards 2011

The Ghost Of Fudge

Right, so!

It's the Fudge Awards on Saturday night (12th Feb) at the Moorings Bar down by the harbour. It's like an awards ceremony for Aberdeen bands in everyone's favourite boutique nightclub. It's also a big drunken party featuring all the coolest stars of your favourite local acts. Just go with it...

Come along and have a swift half, you'll enjoy it. First band onstage 9pm, first part of the awards ceremony about 9.45pm. Glassman, Thrashist Regime and Bloodnut are playing.

So. We have two polls to go, which have both been noticable by their absence so far this year: Best Band, and Worst Band. You can find the other poll on this forum (Fudgenet) somewhere. It shouldn't be too difficult...

Both categories were 'open categories' on the paper voting slips we've been handing out in the bar on gig nights (weekends, basically), but now that information has been collated by our team of trained monkey ninjas to produce a Top 8 Most Mentioned Acts for each award (any votes cast in this poll will be added to the votes already received).

Here are the eight finalists. You have two days to vote. You may vote more than once.

'WORST BAND' IN ABERDEEN 2011

your nomineess are:

ASCENSION

BLOODNUT

CEREBRAL INFERNO

ETERNAL IDOL

JOHNNY SKYSCRAPER

MATANUSKA

SHUTTERSPEED

TIBETIAN DAVE

FORMER 'WORST BAND' WINNERS:

2001 - Psycho A-Go-Go

2002 - Point Of Origin

2003 - Point Of Origin

2004 - Alyssa's Wish

2005 - My Minds Weapon

2006 - Stayover

2007 - My Minds Weapon

2008 - Johnny Skyscraper

2009 - Ascension

2010 - Ascension

268fnfly.jpg

so you were in a bar aged 15 then hhmmmmm??? i saw them a few weeks ago at the moorings they were buying everyone jagerbombs,PUNK AS FUCK best band vote from me

Not really, Jagerbombs are the kind of thing drank at FRAT PARTIES where everyone calls each other 'BRO'. Nothing less punk.

On another note, why are Shutterspeed in this?

Guest Bob Knob
It pains me that Matanuska can't even win the WORST BAND award when we're clearly not gona win the MOST METAL OF METAL. Clearly we are loved and hated in equal measures... :up:

That's what you get for getting a haircut :p

:love:

No Glassman in this one? i'm disapointed!

Both categories were 'open categories' on the paper voting slips we've been handing out in the bar on gig nights (weekends, basically), but now that information has been collated by our team of trained monkey ninjas to produce a Top 8 Most Mentioned Acts for each award (any votes cast in this poll will be added to the votes already received).

:D

On another note, why are Shutterspeed in this?

so you were in a bar aged 15 then hhmmmmm??? i saw them a few weeks ago at the moorings they were buying everyone jagerbombs,PUNK AS FUCK best band vote from me
they got me a few jagers! good enough for me. they get the best band vote! there singer has cool tastes in head gear.

rofl at joining just for the fudge awards.

Cerebral Inferno get my vote, Horrible.

Cerebral Inferno arenae that bad. I'm going to pick someone at random cos I'm not really familiar with any of them. Er.... Johnny Skyscraper, because of this post.

Democratic. You could show Egypt a thing or two.