aberdeen-music

Moshulu

woombler

i wish people would stop complaining about the *types* of music they hear on fridays

as flik says its accross the bourd alterative whcih is exactly what ross plays. i for one really enjoy the night and i danced for about 2 hours (even the darkness) im a music lover and i dont really have a preference to what is good or bad so i like all the music played altho.....

ross played justin timberlake which i wasnt happy about but he made up for that by playing my fav primus song :) (after me hounding him and the other dj's for 3 weeks ;))

Originally posted by New Found Power

Friday appears to be "Seemingly endless dirge of shit emo with some proper music thrown in to keep up appearances" night.

But the atmosphere is good, and the music tends to pick up towards the end of the night.

Totally understand where you`re coming from... Generally play the current underground stuff also.. "EMO" and all is very much into the mainstream now and it`s what is plastered all over music magazines and the likes. When I started "NU-Metal" was the underground (even though it was all major labels and the likes) and thus I played Papa Roach and Linkin Park and all long before they released singles over here..

Bond*age is totally across the spectrum of music to an extent.... Mainly Rock and guitar alt music in the main room as well as jazz, blues, easy, Motown, Soul in the back room...

I thought the atmosphere on Friday was fantastic..... Still suffering today from jumping around like a looney..

I agree that they whole "Metal" thing is a bit lacks at the momment but there hasn`t been a comercial metal band to come out that`s of any cop to be honest..... Not one that`s going to shift units and buck the trend..

New Machine Head sounds promising and the new Sikth and Super joint Ritual albums are totally brilliant but hardly going to scrape the top 40 .

I reckon the scene that will be big in about a year or 2 will be "indie" again... I use the term loosely but it`ll definately be a factor.

The last major selling "punk" album was Offspring "americana" and there hasn`t been as album that has dented the dancefloors since.....

It`s just the way the music industry works.... when the next trend comes along chances are I`ll be playing it before most and sick of it by the time it becomes mainstream but heh.. you can`t win em all....

Ross... i know i keep asking for it.. but you know everyone craves it!.. FEAR FACTORY!!

just play linchpin this friday and see how good a response you get.. just one week i'm begging for this song to be played... :)

if no one dances i'll personally kick my own arse, but i bet the dance floor is PACKED!