aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

But if we play like we did against Kilmarnock we'll pump them. Optimism! :up:

You're only as good as your last game ;-)

Hearts are really strong at the moment but it's far from impossible. This seems to be our best 11 available and on their day could beat anyone (except Celtic it seems)

Langfield

McNamee Diamond McArdle Smith

Jack Milsom Hartley Aluko

Maguire Vernon

Edit: Obviously big Josh will come on after 70 and Consy is available if any of the defence are underperforming.

Edit: Blackman? Unnecessary?

You're only as good as your last game ;-)

Hearts are really strong at the moment but it's far from impossible. This seems to be our best 11 available and on their day could beat anyone (except Celtic it seems)

Langfield

McNamee Diamond McArdle Smith

Jack Milsom Hartley Aluko

Maguire Vernon

Edit: Obviously big Josh will come on after 70 and Consy is available if any of the defence are underperforming.

Edit: Blackman? Unnecessary?

Think you put Hartley in there instead of... Derek Young. o_O

Excellent atmosphere though. Just shite game.

Carrick is having a shocker. Really really bad. He's been guff ever since the final against Barca. I think he's still dizzy from Xaviesta running rings round him for an hour and a half. I think it killed him. If Fergie doesn't buy at least 2 highly competent central midfielders this summer, then I'll be quite surprised. With Carrick flailing, Gibson always and forever being shit and Paul Scholes being too old to play every week, he surely knows he needs someone.

I like Heinze, purely for this:

1277674144_heinze-camera-punch.gif

Bloody Hell, the commentary for the Marseille/Man U game is just fucking awful.

It was atrocious. It was like they stereotypically hated the French. Everything United did was untouchable, and everything Marseille did was a dive, or "making a meal of it". Marseille ruled the second half completely, and all they had to say was "Marseille have had a little bit more momentum now than the first half". Second half was good, as far as watching Marseille was concerned. They were awesome, but really missed Gignac, and they didn't really have a prominent goalscorer out there.

Smalling was a rock at the back. Remy was excellent at legging it forward and mazing through everyone. Good player.

They reported this morning that Anderson's injury isn't as bad as first thought and he should be back at the beginning of March. Carrick has just been properly awful. They could do with Park back if anyone, or Valencia so they can actually play with two wingers.

Carrick is a liability. So many awful awful passes tonight, and when he did complete a pass, it was backwards. He didn't turn out to be a English Xabi Alonso like Fergie first hoped. There's only Scholes who is capable of passing the ball forwards. Whenver United tried to play it forwards, it went out for a throw or was intercepted. Terrible stuff to watch. Marseille were great though. Should have won it. Smalling shut down everything though. He was superb.

Correct.

Hence why I think it was a bit off of Peter Houston to have a go at St Johnstone for the state of their pitch last night when United's home games have been off more often than not because their pitch hasn't been suitable..

Usually because of the weather, not because the army have been using it for testing incendiary devices on the surface. The pitch was shocking. Actually, most of the time Utd's games were postponed at Tannadice it wasn't because the pitch was unplayable (apart from the Hamilton game when it was a touch on the boggy side) it was because the area outside Tannadice was untraversable. There were also a few away games involved in that unsurprisingly.

Usually because of the weather, not because the army have been using it for testing incendiary devices on the surface. The pitch was shocking. Actually, most of the time Utd's games were postponed at Tannadice it wasn't because the pitch was unplayable (apart from the Hamilton game when it was a touch on the boggy side) it was because the area outside Tannadice was untraversable. There were also a few away games involved in that unsurprisingly.

How does SPL legislation affect the area outside a club stadium? What I mean is, are the

club responsible for keeping the approaching streets clear or is this something which isn't covered by SPL law?

If this has already been discussed, I apologise.