aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
Hartley is a 33 year old man acting like a fucking kid. What a prick. He's been a passenger this season, living off of good will and 3 penalties in his first game. Deserved to be sent off.

The penny has finally dropped.

Hartley has been below par literally every time I've seen him play for Aberdeen this season. Where the fuck did his reputation as a great passer come from? He's not even a ball winner or a particularly effective breaker-up of play. Nor is he quick, strong in the air, particularly industrious, or in any way creative. This guy has no redeeming features as a footballer, aside from his "organisational skills and inspirational leadership". Which, as results will tell you, is not having an especially positive effect.

Paul Hartley. Hate that guy.

He was on the receiving end of an elbow in an aerial challenge with Keith Lasley and whilst on the ground kicked out at him, apparently.

Should have no complaints with the red, but I'm led to believe Lasley got off pretty lightly.

Hateley got off lightly too after tripping Maguire twice off the ball and 5 or 6 fouls in play. Goddamn Son of a Hun.

Hartley has been poor recently. I thought generally until the red card everyone's heads seemed down and not many were up for the fight.

arsenal - barca could well end up being a sort of " we'll just score more than you " kinda game, from both teams, cause frankly defense is neither sides strong point, although i would have a lot more faith in barca's even without puyol, when will vermaelen be back for arsenal? he's been out for ages, he is by far their stand out defender

Vermaelen had an awesome season last season. From what I've heard/read, he seems to have a bit of an Owen Hargreaves debacle going on, and his return date keeps getting pushed back and back. Djourou has also been awesome at the back for them in Vermaelen's absence at least.

I think Barca will cope defensively. Pique is bigger than just about everyone in an Arsenal shirt, so I can't see them being an aerial threat. Barca's pressing is ridiculous too. Nobody will get a second to breathe on the ball as the midfield three are everywhere at all times. It'll take Theo's legs to burst past if they are going to get through I reckon.

Joe Jordan took that push and headbutt like a proper old school footballer. Stayed on his feet and stared the cunt down. If that had been one of the AC Milan players or coaches they'd have been lying on the floor pretending to be unconscious. You don't fuck with Joe Jordan. If you put Jordan and Gattuso in a room together Jordan would rip Gattuso's tonsils out and make him wear them like earrings, just to show what a woman he is.

Ugh, how did Arsenal win that game. Kind of feel a little sick about it. I was watching it with an Arsenal supporting colleague and disappointingly the locals all took it in good spirits when he got up and shouted at the two goals.

At 0-1 or 1-1 I would have fully expected Barca to go through. I still make them favourites but now Arsenal have something to protect you never know what may happen.

Ugh, how did Arsenal win that game. Kind of feel a little sick about it. I was watching it with an Arsenal supporting colleague and disappointingly the locals all took it in good spirits when he got up and shouted at the two goals.

At 0-1 or 1-1 I would have fully expected Barca to go through. I still make them favourites but now Arsenal have something to protect you never know what may happen.

Arsenal won that game because Barca stopped playing as soon as they scored. Then they took off Iniesta and Villa, which again was stupid if they were actually trying to win the game. It wasn't even like they were defending the lead, because they didn't even defend well. As far as defensive duties go, every full back on the pitch was fucking dreadful. Clichy never tracked Pedro and Alves' runs, because he's shit. Maxwell fell over on two occasions in dangerous areas. Alves hates defending, and looked very unused to it. Eboue tried to usher the ball out of play, whilst it was still on the ground. Idiot.

I don't think Valdes is used to having shots taken at him either. Both goals he was awful for.

Villa is awesome, but they really do lack a physical presence on the frontline. Samuel Eto'o provided that for a few years, and even Ibrahimovic did last season, and despite the slating he gets, he still had a good scoring record. Barca were putting crosses into the box, but with a front 3 of Messi, Pedro and Villa, it all seems a bit pointless. Even a not-very-physical side like Arsenal were able to handle every cross that came in with ease. They need a big man. Or at least just a bigger man than Villa.

The way they play doesn't usually require a bigger presence, but when they are out of ideas and are hurling crosses in the box, there's just nobody to get on the end of them. There was heaps of times though that Pedro, Villa and Messi were all bullied off the ball far too easily. Eto'o was such an important player for them, as he was very complete. I like Villa alot, but whilst he is deadly infront of goal, I don't think he brings everything that Eto'o brought. For me, there's still an Eto'o shaped hole in the squad.

Ibrahimovic was a perfectly adequate striker for them in my opinion. But, they prefer grooming homegrown midgets with soul patches. Shame coz I like Ibra and thought he was gonna shine there.

I'm pretty gutted I didn't get to see this game. I like seeing Barca get beat. Not because I have anything against them, its just always an occasion.

For me, there's still an Eto'o shaped hole in the squad.

I'd agree, Barca need Eto'o like Eto'o needs another consonant. He was superb for them.

Even if Barca win their league, If they don't win the champs league then I think this season's can't be considered a success. I've kept up with La Ligua a bit more in the past few years and it's nowhere near the league it used to be where winning was still an acheivement. Barca and Real fart all over teams. Even Villareal and Valencia.

I think the team this year is the best of Gaurdiola's time in charge. Last season they looked to be missing Eto'o at times as Ibra and Henry both went into bad form but this year with Messi's conversion to the being the central foward who drops back they are more of an effective attacking force than ever. He's getting more goals by being more central but also he drops deep and helps link the midfield and forwards even more fluently which has made him the player with most assists in la liga and also provides space for Pedro and Villa to move in, neither of whom have bad goal tallies this season.

Obviously if they don't win the champions league then the 08/09 season will have to be remembered as better.