aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I've always rated Wilkins and I've always thought he had a big presence within the team. I really wanted him to get the job full time when he took over as caretaker. I think he deserves a go, as I reckon he'd do well at a big club. Obviously he'll probably never manage Chelsea now, but it would have been great to see at the time.

It'd be rubbish if Ancelotti got the sack. He seems like a good man, but they've had alot of problems this season. There was a number of games where they played with 4 fullbacks at the back due to injuries. Lampard has been a big miss. Essien has never been able to stay fit for longer than a week or two, and Drogba has gone missing again, which happens every 12 months or so. I don't think Torres is a good signing, since all we've heard about him over the past 18 months from Rafa, Hodgeson, Dalglish and now Ancelotti is that "Torres will come good". It's looking like he never actually will. They should have bought Suarez under the noses of Liverpool, and let them keep a crocked, lazy Torres.

Absolutely, Torres is a massive gamble at that price. Undoubtedly a massive talent but far too moody, disinterested and injury prone to be consistent. Suarez could turn out to be a very shrewd move by Liverpool with him and Carroll upfront, supplied by Gerrard and Kuyt. Although heard (I think) Real Madrid are interested in Gerrard but with time not on his side not sure he'll get such a move now.

I too like Ancelloti and hope Abramovich is patient with him. Think it all rests of Champions League form. But even getting to the final means jack shit to Roman if they don't win it. Avrum Grant was fired after losing the final though one suspects he might have still been fired had he won it!

The age of the majority of the Chelsea squad is against them as well. Reckon they could have spent the Torres money much more wisely. He'll probably come good now I wrote that but you can see him turning into another Shevchenko type flop.

Getting rid of Wilkins was a massive mistake, don't think we'll ever really know why but he lived and breathed Chelsea. Always liked him as a player as well. Top bloke.

Perhaps the 50m could have been spent more wisely, but it doesn't matter with Chelsea, there's plenty more where it came from. (ok, this might change with the new regulations to come in). Liverpool spending all that money on Carroll was a worse decision, there wasn't much reason for them to go out and pay an excessive January price at least if Torres comes good he could prove important in the Champions League.

Have to agree think Carroll is just as much of a risk, possibly more of one. At least Torres has proved he can score goals in the Prem League even if he is temperamental, moody and injury prone! Carroll has half a good season and an England call up and suddenly he's worth 35 million in Liverpools eyes. Madness!

Have to agree think Carroll is just as much of a risk, possibly more of one. At least Torres has proved he can score goals in the Prem League even if he is temperamental, moody and injury prone! Carroll has half a good season and an England call up and suddenly he's worth 35 million in Liverpools eyes. Madness!

Torres's (Torres'?) injury woes are a major factor in his capabilities in my opinion. A bit like Van Persie, I reckon if he wasn't so injury prone he'd be the best striker in the world. I'm still completely baffled by Carrol's pricetag. If he's worth 35,000,000, I'm worth at least 50 (in footballing terms). By word of mouth, Nef C is worth a grand. Maybe we should all be footballers?

I think Carroll was a panic buy although it does seem strange they secured his services after getting Suarez in a well. Think the scousers will be patient with Carroll though unlike the Chelsea fans who will expect Torres to start banging them in immediately. When Torres is on his game no doubt one of the best strikers in the world, a true world class player.

The fans might get on his back, but the Stamford Bridge crowd are hardly renowned for making much noise, Torres will hardly be able to work out what they're grumbling about.

I think he'l have more of an issue with the media who are ready to tear him to bits. He's played one match and he's already been called the new Chris Sutton! Even Sheva didn't get that sort of treatment. Let's hope Torres doesn't do a Sutton and end up at Celtic. He could have a broken leg and still take the piss out of current CPL defences.

This would be interesting. Pepe Reina hints he could follow Fernando Torres out of Liverpool | Football | guardian.co.uk

A big loss for Liverpool but he would be a very good signing for either Arsenal or United in the summer.

Perhaps the most likeable Liverpool player.

And probably the best 'keeper in the league.

I'm interested in the Scotland game the same as any other. I want to see the players performing well and make progress and gain confidence for the qualifiers. But I can't get excited at all about this "competition". I don't care what happens in the matches Scotland aren't playing in.

I reserve the right to make a bit deal about this and declare it "bigger than the world cup" if Scotland go on to win.

And probably the best 'keeper in the league.

You reckon? I'd put him in the top 5 probably, but even at the ages of 40, I'd have Van Der Sar and Freidel over him. Pepe is extremely athletic and will throw himself at anything, but he still lacks a bit of command in his penalty area (alot like Shay Given) and he's prone to some horrific Ben Foster-like mistakes, but not at Ben Foster-like frequencies. Still very good though, though putting together a top 5 would be hard. There's loads of good keeps in the Premier League at the moment.

Speaking of which, I'd almost forgotton Shay Given existed.

A couple of disastrous seasons has left them needing to basically start from scratch. Dalglish should embrace the opportunity and completely overhaul the team and clear out the big guns who link back to the Benitez era. Reina is very good but with the likes of Given hanging around doing nothing he can be replaced. They should take what might be the last chance to get some decent cash for Gerrard too.

A million goals in the EPL this Saturday and us viewers in Scotland were treated to highlights of Brechin City vs Buckie Thistle. Get fucked BBC.

Match of the day was on BBC HD as normal. I only found out as my sky+ box failed to record it on BBC1 so desperately flicked through the HD channels hoping it was there! Get yourself a freeview HD box or Sky. Freeview HD boxes are the standard on new TV's now (I bought a new one a couple of months ago that had one) but I'm sure you can get them in shops.

May I also say HD football is pretty amazing too. Didn't think it would be much of a difference til I bought a decent TV and actually watched it.