aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
I can't dislike someone for being a rubbish manager. It always seems to be the nice guys who are rubbish managers, like Steve Coppell, Paul Ince and the aformentioned Megson. Perhaps Roy Hodgeson can be included in that list since he failed at a big club, though it wasn't his fault Gerrard is crocked and Torres is fed up of having his hubcaps nicked. That doesn't happen in London.

Paul Ince a nice guy? He's a total cock-ring, in my estimation. But you're right - he's a rubbish manager.

I'm not a fun of bluffers in football, and too many managers are bluffers in my opinion. Mark McGhee is a prime example, in my book. Hate that guy. Peter Taylor, though, what an example of a manager who has shown nothing but inadequacy at club level, but always seems to pick up employment. Chairmen seem to love their clubs to fail, it appears.

But aye, Wednesday are screwed if they hire Megson, in my view. Somebody like Eddie Howe would have been great for Wednesday; he's shown he can judge players (both young and experienced), manage players, and above all, achieve excellent results via dynamic and interesting football with absolutely no financial resources at all.

Just a month too late. Fucking Burnley. Dingle bastards. Hate those guys.

I like Paul Ince. Okay maybe he's not a nice guy, I just like him. I suppose being photographed in a United shirt weeks before the transfer went ahead is a bit twatty. As is playing for Liverpool and managing the Milton Keynes Franchise. Okay he is a jobbie jabber. I still like him for some reason. Reasons unknown to me at this time. He did a good bicycle kick once. And his tactical know-how is simply "SHOOT". Yeah, that'll do!

Dunno, but Italian Sky is awesome. They have every Premier League game, every Serie A game and every Champions League game and they show them all live. Plus you can pick English commentary.

We've got both in the pub I work in.

Every Serie A game-check

Every Champs League game--. They have a lot of "Calcio" channels so it wouldn't surprise me. That's how they can show every Serie A match

Every EPL game-Don't think so, they do show one 3pm Saturday match. They repeat all the matches a lot and I don't see any repeated outside British content plus the Saturday 3PM match.

I've never managed to find the English commentary either ?(

We've got both in the pub I work in.

Every Serie A game-check

Every Champs League game--. They have a lot of "Calcio" channels so it wouldn't surprise me. That's how they can show every Serie A match

Every EPL game-Don't think so, they do show one 3pm Saturday match. They repeat all the matches a lot and I don't see any repeated outside British content plus the Saturday 3PM match.

I've never managed to find the English commentary either ?(

They did a few years ago when i was working out in Switzerland and our local bar had Italian Sky. We could go in at 3 on a Saturday and pick any EPL match. I don't know if they all had English commentary but a lot of them did. A lot of the Serie A ones as well. There must have been like 60 Sky Sports channels, it was madness, but in a good way. Especially when enjoyed with copious amounts of ace Swiss lager.

Out of respect for LFC, Torres has claimed that he will not celebrate if he scores on Sunday.

That however didn't stop him the other day saying Chelsea were better. Managed to piss off a few Lolerpool fans but saying that, why not go the whole hog and do the robot after scoring the match winner?

I hope he scores and kisses the badge. Just to troll the Liverpoolol fans.

Guest idol_wild
Out of respect for LFC, Torres has claimed that he will not celebrate if he scores on Sunday.

That however didn't stop him the other day saying Chelsea were better. Managed to piss off a few Lolerpool fans but saying that, why not go the whole hog and do the robot after scoring the match winner?

He's not going to fucking score on Sunday anyway.

Torres is fucking shit.

They did a few years ago when i was working out in Switzerland and our local bar had Italian Sky. We could go in at 3 on a Saturday and pick any EPL match. I don't know if they all had English commentary but a lot of them did. A lot of the Serie A ones as well. There must have been like 60 Sky Sports channels, it was madness, but in a good way. Especially when enjoyed with copious amounts of ace Swiss lager.

I think they must have cut some channels out to make way for HD/3D channels. There must still be about 60 but quite a few are HD and there's half a dozen or so 3D channels.

Niall Quinn aint happy.

Niall Quinn 'despises' Sunderland fans who watch foreign broadcasts | Football | guardian.co.uk

Maybe he should consider that some people might "despise" the high prices of seeing premiership football.

What an arrogant fucker, assuming everyone who goes in the pub spends the price of a ticket. I would imagine a lot of folk don't go for that very reason you say - its too bloody expensive. Folk can make a couple of pints last a whole match (6 quid) how much is the cheapest ticket at Sunderland? bet its 30 at least.

Then he contradicts himself by saying "I would never criticise anyone who doesn't come to the stadium because of financial constraints". I'm sure there is folk who spend more than the price of a ticket in the pub but on the whole its the ridiculously stupid prices of tickets people just cannot afford. Some of these fuckers like Quinn need to get in the real world. But he's too busy eating prawn sarnies counting the money from the sale of Darren Bent!