aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

He stole a Parker pen I got for my 10th birthday. Cunt.

And yeah, you're right Chris, sorry, my mind was in that of the last ten years, not the noughties :down:

Erm...I'll chuck Aluko and smith in there in place of Hartley and Clark. Change it to 4-3-3

Smith? Jamie Smith?!?

I suppose, I wasn't at the Aberdeen v FC Copenhagen game...

I was a big Cato Guntviet fan as well, he could really strike a football. Probably would just miss out on a team of the decade. I'd agree with Nefarious C's team, after the changes he made.

I hope the dons get back to winning ways today, 3-0 with a Scotty V hat-trick would be nice.

Doesn't look like there's any way I can watch today's game online, at least there is teh Ryder Cup to keep me ticking over.

Dish...

I always fucking loathed Derek Whyte. Fuel my fire further, please.

Apparently a favourite retort of his was "It's only Aberdeen" when asked about poor results. A pal of mine heard this first hand.

Although, said pal once approached Noel Whelan in Soul and shouted "NOEL WHELAN...FUCKING LEGEND!!" so is probably not to be trusted. Now I liked Whelan but legend is an overused term in association football these day.

Cato Guntveit wouldn't get close to my team of the decade. He was a good player, but he'd struggle to make my 22 man squaaaad.

Jamie Smith was a fantastic player when fit. Lee Miller up front, holding it up and flicking it on, Jamie Smith playing off him. Brilliant. Wish we could've played them together more.

Roberto Bisconti was ridiculously good until he stopped trying. He was the best player by a mile in our home leg against Hertha Berlin.

I remember when we had the run of clean sheets at the start of a season, 6 games or something like that (Preece for England!) we were playing Heikennen/Severin in MC and Anderson/Diamond at CB. That is probably the strongest nucleus of a team we've had in a long time.

Decided to watch sunderland - Man U. United have been awful, I can't remember the last time I saw them play so badly. Owen, Macheda, Scholes and Fletcher have barely touched the ball, Anderson and Nani have been on the ball, but consistently given it away.

Sunderland really should be at least 2 up, they could regret not taking advantage of their dominance if Utd come out playing in the second half.

Are United going to draw every away game this season?

Chelsea can play Arsenal now with less pressure.

It serves them right for undermining Sunderland, again. Like they did last season when they started with Danny Welbeck on the left. Rooneys probably not even injured. He's just got a case of the boohoos. Berbatov's influence still shone when he came on, and the link up between him and Hernandez was smart, but it wasn't enough. I still hope Hernandez is a success though. His baby face is joyous. And he proper fucking loves Jesus.

Gyan's bicycle kick was tremendous. What a man.

I reckon Arsenal are gonna do Chelsea tomorrow. They are painfully inconsistent, but when they're on it, they look a bit good. Arshavin looks much better than last year, and I can't see Terry or Alex beating Chamakh in the air. not only is he tall, but he can leap like Kobe. Dunked. Nasri, somehow, inexplicably, has turned into a very reasonable footballer. Alot like Nani has. He went from LOLbad. To WOAHgood. It annoys me, because he has got the most head-stompable face in world football, and I just hate everything about him and his face.

Seems to be a bit of unrest at Chelsea at the moment, with Zhirkov frustrated about lack of opportunities, and now Gael Kakuta. Carlo is sticking by the old guard, and he has every right to, since they are right good. They need to be more like Yossi. He knows his place as the "right, we're playing shit. Go out there and be good" impact player. There's not a sulk in him. Top chap.

Fergie shouldn't have put Berbatov on, he should have just pretended he had an injury. Putting him on just showed how bad of a decision it was to leave him out in the first place. If he'd started I think there's a good chance they would have won.

Nasri has been great this season but that could change very soon as I'm thinking of adding him to my fantasy team.

I think Chelsea will continue their recent form against Arsenal. Both sides can be vulnerable at the back but I think Chelsea are more likely to take advantage. I think Essien and Malouda will find space quite easily and cause a lot problems.

I'm not so sure. Arsenal's midfield always looks so clogged, since they're all running about in circles all the time. Essien still doesn't look to have hit top gear yet either. I'll probably be wrong though. I'm usually crap at predicting football. That's why I've never won an accumulator yet. I really should be a millionaire by now.

I like Malouda. I have no idea how he is so effective. For a winger, he doesn't even have any SKILLZ. Everything he does looks like an accident. He just walks through full backs. He's going to make Sagna look silly tomorrow. And he already looks silly, before a ball is even kicked. I hate his hair. I want to punch him in the hair.

sagna_415x275.jpg

8355Designer.jpg

not only did Cambridge United lose at home to part timers Bath City but they deserved the defeat. One of the worst performances I have ever witnessed and thats fucking saying something! Now piss off Mr Ling, your time has run out and supporter patience has gone.

Just seen the BBC Alba reply of goals/red card, I can't believe Paton was sent off for that! Tokely's tackle was worse!

In fairness though, no one should be allowed to tackle Johnny Hayes... so I reckon a red card is warranted.

I'll watch the whole match tomorrow before deciding whether the 3 points were deserved. From what I heard on the radio we did well but relied on rotten Dons defence and woeful Dons finishing. Rooney also could've had a hat trick, with missing chance after chance.

A welcome break for International football allows us to get some of our lengthy injury list back fit (Cox, Gillet, Inness, Proctor, McCann, Sanchez, Gil). With the next 2 games being home to St Johnstone and away to Killie also means a great chance to push up the table.