aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Absolute shambles for the third goal.

Conceding the penalty so quickly after the 2nd goal turned things against us. It was hard not to feel at that moment the game would finish this way.

Bolton were great today, like West Brom yesterday they were positive and really had a go at the bigger team.

3 draws from 3 away games so far for United, must be worrying Fergie.

Didn't see any of the Spanish footie last night but Madrid's struggle to score goals is becoming hilarious especially as it has led to Ronaldo shooting way over almost every time he gets the ball.

Looks like a bit of "I'm not passing to you. You're not my mate" going on at Real. Ronaldo seems to only pass to Ozil and Marcelo, but Higuain and Ronaldo just aren't seeing eye to eye, which resulted in Higuain lashing at a cross and blasting it over, when Ronaldo was in a much better position to just tap it in. It'll be interesting to see how Jose copes with that. They're actually competing against each other, which is just mental. You know that there is zero chance of Ronaldo getting dropped as a result, the fans or the president just wouldn't allow it. It'll be Higuain, which would be ridiculous as well, because behind David Villa, he's probably the best centre forward in La Liga. Real play better when only Ronaldo OR Higuain plays. Well, actually, they look shite when Ronaldo doesn't play.

Man United just can't win away from home, and like last season with Rooney, this year they seem to be pinning their hopes on Scholes to do everything. Nani, Berbatov and Scholes were very good, but it's just not enough. Evans is having a howler of a season so far, which is a shame, as he was solid the past 2 years. Elmander gave the two centre backs a torrid time and could have realistically scored 3, if he didn't have the touch of an elephant. Nani's goal was incredible though. It was alot like the Tevez goal yesterday, except Nani was surrounded by 3 or 4 players the whole time, and just ran past them and lashed the shot in as if they weren't even there. Just ridiculous.

A strange weekend for football. There's only 2 teams in the Premier League who haven't lost yet. That took quite a dip just from this weekend alone.

I watched the Levante v Madrid game. Ronaldo was operating on a strict shoot-on-sight policy. Xabi Alonso had a poor game, lots of misplaced passes from him which caused the break down of many good moves.

I had a quid on 0-0 at 17-1. Yes.

Alonso was poor because he's had a shave. He only plays well when he's got a beard. He was poor as a player all the time until he started growing it, then he was just spraying it about everywhere.

It's the same with Rooney. It's all in the beard.

It was the opposite with Peter Schmeichel. He grew a goatee and became shite.

I wonder how long it will be before Mourinho gets a really tough time from the press. It will get cold in Madrid soon enough though so Xabi might grow the beard back to simultaneously keep his face warm and save Madrid.

I watched the first half of Hercules - Sevilla earlier, David Trezeguet baffles me. He's had a successful career in Europe's top leagues but I'm pretty sure he's shite. I'm willing to accept he was a good young player once upon a time. Championship manager told me so in 1998 and that euro 2000 goal was a belter. But almost anytime I've watched him since he's been horse. Yet frequently he has games like today where he scores a penalty after his team mate dives and then gets a goal after a shot deflects off his knee. Goes home a 2 goal hero winning the points for his team. He's definitely not as good as Scott Vernon.

Sevilla will struggle for a top 4 spot this season.

The first half of today was alright.

Dirty hun cunts. Absolute scumbags. McGregor's a cunt.

Also, how the hell is Langfield in ahead of Howard? I know he had a bit of a nightmare against Utd but Howard seems so much better. Langfield is the worst distributer of the ball I've ever seen, and he seems to totally lack any capacity for communication with his centre backs. Made some awful mistakes today and yesterday.

Ifil looked well out of his depth today, slow and incapable of passing 5 yards.

Thats more injuries and a ban for bebo. At least we seem to have a striker in Vernon who can score. Also, in my eyes, Maguires been our player of the season so far, arguably.

Langfield is just awful.

He's a good shotstopper, but almost all pro keepers are decent shot-stoppers these days. The main differentiators between good and bad keepers are handling, command of your penalty box and distribution. Langfield is shite at all three.

His distribution is really unbelievably bad. Why he can't just put his laces through the ball when kicking from hand, instead of trying to pretend that he's Gigi Buffon is a fucking joke. Even when he rolls the ball out, he gives it to a defender who is immediately under pressure.

Langfield yesterday was every bit as bad as Howard at Tannadice. I'll bet you any money that he's in the squad next week though.

Langfield is just awful.

He's a good shotstopper, but almost all pro keepers are decent shot-stoppers these days. The main differentiators between good and bad keepers are handling, command of your penalty box and distribution. Langfield is shite at all three.

His distribution is really unbelievably bad. Why he can't just put his laces through the ball when kicking from hand, instead of trying to pretend that he's Gigi Buffon is a fucking joke. Even when he rolls the ball out, he gives it to a defender who is immediately under pressure.

Langfield yesterday was every bit as bad as Howard at Tannadice. I'll bet you any money that he's in the squad next week though.

I hope so :up:

McGregor's a cunt

He is, but what he did wasn't as bad as Diamond lashing out at little Weiss. The penalty was as clear as day. I'm surprised he didn't get a straight red for that. He's lucky he didn't.

LOL of the game was Naismith sprinting 30 yards to get involved in the ruckus only to immediately get put on his arse. Have that!

Guest Gladstone
He is, but what he did wasn't as bad as Diamond lashing out at little Weiss. The penalty was as clear as day. I'm surprised he didn't get a straight red for that. He's lucky he didn't.

LOL of the game was Naismith sprinting 30 yards to get involved in the ruckus only to immediately get put on his arse. Have that!

Absolutely. If Naismith hadn't got involved and the little ruckus hadn't happened, I think Diamond would have seen red. The ref probably didn't want to red card Naismith, because all he did was get put on his arse (although charging 30 yards to do it was quite inflammatory), so he probably thought he couldn't red card Diamond and then yellow card Naismith. So both got bookings. I'm trying to remember what the commentator/pundit said about Naismith after he got put on his arse - it was actually quite funny at the time.

McGregor looked like a complete tit with that little lash out. I read on a message board (I think it was actually a Celtic fan that said it), someone saying that if McGregor had caught the Aberdeen player it could have been a serious injury. Could it fuck. He kicked out sideways like a little girl in the playground. It was stupid and petty and if the ref had seen it it would (or at least should) have merited a red card.

It was disappointing that the Dons didn't hold onto that lead, but they did what they always bloody do against the old firm if they get a lead. Start defending deeper and deeper and inviting trouble onto them. At 2-0, I said to myself, "I've seen this a few times before, and I've seen Aberdeen throw it away a few times before." Aberdeen have came out on top a couple of times after being 2-0 up and throwing it away to go back to 2-2 - twice against Celtic that I can think of in recent memory - most recently the 4-2 game. Aberdeen fucking destroyed us until they went 2-0 up because they just went at the defence and Celtic didn't know what the fuck to do about it. 2-0 up. Shut up shop and then Celtic started to dominate and got it back to 2-2. All credit to Aberdeen though because instead of trying to hang on for the draw (like they did on Sunday), they just went for it again and pissed on Celtic's comeback.

I thought Maguire was really unlucky to be sent off yesterday. Two pretty tame yellow cards.

I don't care for them too much, but it was a shame Aberdeen lost their terrific home record against Rangers. After half an hour, it looked like they were going to keep hold of it too. I like it when lesser teams become a bit of a bogey ground for bigger teams. Like when Man United just couldn't beat Southampton at the Dell for love nor money. Rangers can't blame it on "invisible shirts" though.

it was hardly lashing out, he pushed him over and had a wee shout at him. definitely a booking.

I keep having this recurring dream that I bump into Josh Magennis and his girlfriend (I dont know if he has one IRL) at a restraunt, then I invite myself over and sit down, and make them listen to Tyler, The Creator.

it was hardly lashing out, he pushed him over and had a wee shout at him. definitely a booking.

He shoved him to the ground, maliciously. That's a red card. If the referee hadn't have been distracted by the subsequent ruckus, he'd have been off, and rightly so. You can't have that sort of aggressive intent towards an opponent and stay on the pitch. David Villa got sent off for alot less on Saturday.

He shoved him to the ground, maliciously. That's a red card. If the referee hadn't have been distracted by the subsequent ruckus, he'd have been off, and rightly so. You can't have that sort of aggressive intent towards an opponent and stay on the pitch. David Villa got sent off for alot less on Saturday.

Yeah but Huns, all Huns, any Hun reading this, all cunts. So it's alright. And I will never think differently.

I felt a bit sorry for Weiss, getting hacked down by Ifil, and then barged over by that gap toothed Neanderthal.

Look at him:

weiss%20valencia.ashx

Pushing him over must have felt like punting a new born baby out of the stands. Poor kid.

You mean being touched in the foot by Ifil? Definitely a pen but minimal contact. Hardly "hacked down"- Ifil doesn't have anywhere near enough pace to come close to hacking him down!

Every time he got the ball I felt like Rangers were going to score.

Guest idol_wild
You mean being touched in the foot by Ifil? Definitely a pen but minimal contact. Hardly "hacked down"- Ifil doesn't have anywhere near enough pace to come close to hacking him down!

Every time he got the ball I felt like Rangers were going to score.

Ifil or Weiss?

since when has pushing someone been a red card offence like? he pushed him in the shoulder and the boy went down clutching his face. i've just watched it again because you're language made me start doubting myself but nope, it was just a shove. the only reason it knocked weiss over was because he was in the process of standing up.

a red card would have been incredibly harsh. a booking and a talking to was the right decision.

So are managers now being fined for saying "Premier League" instead of "Barclays Premier League" in post-match interviews?

I just watched MotD from Saturday last night, and noticed a number of managers saying it (Roberto Mancini finds it difficult to say "Barclays"), and Alex McLeish even checked himself after starting to say just "Premier League" to include the sponsor. I can't imagine this is an easy 'rule' to enforce.