aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Patrice Evra recently had this to say about Lilian Thuram:

He sullied my name without knowing what happened. Lilian thinks he's the new coach, president of the FFF and president of France. Walking around with books on slavery in glasses and a hat does not turn you into Malcolm X

Patrice Evra is the king of football. Undisputed. You can dispute it, but you'll be wrong.

Guest Gladstone
I guess O'Neill has gone over not wanting Milner to go.

I wonder if he has anything lined up?

I heard it's because Lerner accepted a bid for Ashley Young without O'Neill's say so. Fuck knows if it's true or not.

It all sounds a bit Romanov to me. Manager doing well, taken the club up a few notches, then the rich owner can't keep his grubby paws off the team. Villa will be fucked this season now. (By fucked, I mean they'll be nowhere near the Euro places).

In an ideal world O'Neill would come in as a "Director of Football" at Celtic or something, but that obviously won't happen.

In an ideal world we'd sign Lionel Messi, David Villa and Darren Mackie, but that ain't going to happen either.

There's rumour that Villa had agreed to let Freidel go to Fulham, which MON didn't want. Sounds like a whole heap of decisions taking place without his input. We'll never know how much of them are true though.

That's them fucked though, as they'll probably lose both Youngs, Freidel and Milner. Carew was being courted by a few European clubs too, and there'll be no manager he has a relationship with to stand in his way. Their push for the Champions League was good whilst it lasted. Back to the mid-table.

I heard O'Neil wanted all the money from a Milner sale to be re-invested in the sqaud but he was told he couldn't have it. Strange thing is that these money issues and questions of ambition clearly came up at the end of last season, so either Lerner gave a false impression back then or Martin thought he'd deal with it and has now changed his mind.

Randy Lerner has always come across a good guy and I certainly wouldn't label him as a Romanov like figure. He just seems to be (perhaps overly) cautious with the finances. But we saw what happened with Leeds when you spend money that isn't there to get into the Champion's League.

Bad thing for O'Neil is that if he had left a couple of months ago he would be Liverpool manager now which I'm sure he would have loved a crack at.

And I really did love Thuram, he was great in serie a and his goals against Croatia is one of my fave world cup memories! I always tried to sign him in Champ Man.

We're playing Manchester United on Monday night. Argh! Let's fucking have them. That Hernandez boy looks a bit fruity. Carroll will surely glass him if Kevin Nolan doesn't get peckish and eat the poor bugger first. Joey Barton and Paul Scholes getting wired into each other with disgusting tackles. Jonas on the wing, bewildering the ManYoo defence with his ability to beat his man sixteen times in a row then fire a cross out for a throw-in. Danny Simpson being shit. Coloccini spending 95% of the match doing his hair, pausing only to slide tackle the ball away from Rooney every time he gets in the box because that's how fucking exceptional he is. Leon Best asking the referee for directions to the opposition's box. Alan Smith looking REALLY FUCKING ANGRY. Shola coming on for the last ten minutes, falling over a lot, trying to do some silly backheels, then blazing one over the bar from six yards because he thought it'd be funnier if he hit the ball with his willy and not his foot.

Can't wait.

Thistle grimly holding onto a 2-1 lead at home to Berwick in the Telefios Cup.

This season is going to be about as much fun as a cricket bat up the japseye.

(Thank fuck for small mercies like Stenhousemuir beating Dundee 4-1. Ha ha!)

I dunno, this Donnie Murdo Cup malarkey is a piece of utter piss by the looks of things. Just the six tonight after five in the last round...

I don't think East Stirling like us somehow: Peterhead vs East Stirling - all time results | soccerbase.com

Guest Gladstone

Does anyone know where I can find out what matches ESPN has for this season? Will it have any worth watching?

What other sport does it have that is worth watching.

I want to watch the Scotland match in the comfort of my own home tonight, but it will cost me 9 a month for the privilege of ESPN. Can't be arsed with that if this is the only game I'll watch... Even if I cancel it after one month (can you do that?).

With ESPN, you used to be able to phone up and subscribe right before a match started, then cancel it the next day, and it'd cost about 50p. They stopped that though. Shame, as there's usually one or two games a month i'd quite like to watch. Pretty sure their schedule for the first half of the season is on their website

Guest Gladstone
With ESPN, you used to be able to phone up and subscribe right before a match started, then cancel it the next day, and it'd cost about 50p. They stopped that though. Shame, as there's usually one or two games a month i'd quite like to watch. Pretty sure their schedule for the first half of the season is on their website

I just found it on their site. They've got SPL games, which I didn't think they had. I thought they were all going to be shown on Sky Sports 3 or 4 which I already have.

I've just subscribed to it.

I was going to buy a season ticket for Celtic Park but have decided against it, and will just go a few times over the course of the season when I can fit it in etc etc.

So instead of the guts of 600 for a season ticket, I'm spending 9 a month on ESPN. Armchair fan. Magic.

I just found it on their site. They've got SPL games, which I didn't think they had. I thought they were all going to be shown on Sky Sports 3 or 4 which I already have.

I've just subscribed to it.

I was going to buy a season ticket for Celtic Park but have decided against it, and will just go a few times over the course of the season when I can fit it in etc etc.

So instead of the guts of 600 for a season ticket, I'm spending 9 a month on ESPN. Armchair fan. Magic.

Fuck it, I think I'll be tuning into justin.tv or iraqgoals.com tonight & watching a dodgy internet feed.