aberdeen-music

Usain Bolt

Hugh_Jazz

At least he actually looked like he was working for the full 100m unlike the heats and the Olympic games.

He still wasn't giving 100%, he lost a couple of hundredths by looking left and right and lost some more by not dipping for the line - if you saw the photo at the finish, he was still upright when crossing the line. To think that he could take another tenth of a second off if/when he gets better with his starts is just intimidating.

Scary to think that he's only 22 and could break 9.5.

Tyson Gay threw his dummy out as well after the race.

Tyson Gay threw his dummy out as well after the race.

Did he? What I saw was Gay interrupting a post-race interview with Bolt to congratulate him....seemed fairly magnanimous to me. Even if he had spat the dummy, he'd just run the race of his life, and Bolt still made him look like Mark Yardley....getting beaten by a genetic freak must be hard to bear.

• Upvote 1

This was insane! Gay runs a national record for what is a sprinting powerhouse (USA) and still gets utterly dicked on. To think 9.5secs could be broken in the next year or so is bonkers! Calvin Smith broke the 10sec mark for the first time ever way back in '83 (in a magnificant 9.97sec run), so for Bolt to smash the record books the way he has is just incredable.

This was insane! Gay runs a national record for what is a sprinting powerhouse (USA) and still gets utterly dicked on. To think 9.5secs could be broken in the next year or so is bonkers! Calvin Smith broke the 10sec mark for the first time ever way back in '83 (in a magnificant 9.97sec run), so for Bolt to smash the record books the way he has is just incredable.

It's spelt with a 'U', I think.

Just rewatched the race. Didn't seem as if he was even going balls out. You see the strain on the other guys' faces and Bolt looks as if he's out for a stroll. unreal.

Anyone have any idea of what kind of mph these guys reach? I could google it I suppose ut I prefer the personal approach.

bout 23 mph or thereabouts it would seem. That's almost as fast as a cheetah. He could make it fae toon to ellon and back in like an hour. He'd have one hell of a stitch tho.

Brian Habbana (south african rugby winger) raced a cheetah in an advert for adidas or something, think he won as well.

This was nuts though