aberdeen-music

Chav metal?

Scootray

They sound like they're trying so badly to copy Gallows... Don't like gallows but... it seems like they're trying... and failing

At least it shows that not ALL chavs are so closed minded when it comes to music

I see no similarities between them and gallows,

are you just saying that because the singers have strong English accents? musically its completely different.

what is this nonsense,

'is it really cocky if you know that its true?' - yes i believe it is still cocky you fuckwits, gimme some gore based heaviness anyday at least u know the band making it doesnt go out on a weekend and act like a bunch of footie thugs, starting fights etc because

'they know their betta than you and thats not being cocky cuz its true'..

i feel pity for our collective conscience

Whit? The whole thread about the fact is that TRC are A- N- OTHER generic chuggy downtuned metallic hardcore band, except this time they're wearing polo shirts and being upfront about being bampots. Their songs have even less substance than most of their knuckledragging compadres.

It's not narrowminded to say this one branch of a sub- genre of a tired genre of music is rubbish and need not exist.

Furthermore, I'm sure most of the people on this thread listen to a wide range of stuff, as I do, so once again narrowmindedness doesn't really come into it.

• Upvote 1

I see no similarities between them and gallows,

are you just saying that because the singers have strong English accents? musically its completely different.

No. It's like... the chav band (forgotten the name already) are trying this hardcore punk thing out and can't pull it off.

Whit? The whole thread about the fact is that TRC are A- N- OTHER generic chuggy downtuned metallic hardcore band, except this time they're wearing polo shirts and being upfront about being bampots. Their songs have even less substance than most of their knuckledragging compadres.

It's not narrowminded to say this one branch of a sub- genre of a tired genre of music is rubbish and need not exist.

Furthermore, I'm sure most of the people on this thread listen to a wide range of stuff, as I do, so once again narrowmindedness doesn't really come into it.

You could say that about any genre of music, if it were hardcore, metal, death metal, emo, rap...whatever. All music just repeats itself cause everything has been done. People forget that music is an art, and a way to let out emotion, whatever it may be. It doesn't have to be techy, incredibly talented. If the music is fun to play isn't that the point? If the band playing is having fun doing what they love, comments like yours don't matter.

You could say that about any genre of music, if it were hardcore, metal, death metal, emo, rap...whatever. All music just repeats itself cause everything has been done. People forget that music is an art, and a way to let out emotion, whatever it may be. It doesn't have to be techy, incredibly talented. If the music is fun to play isn't that the point? If the band playing is having fun doing what they love, comments like yours don't matter.

If you believe that all music is exempt from criticism solely because the band is having fun, a music discussion forum may not be for you.

Oh dear, you have criminally misunderstood what I am trying to say.

Arguably my comments don't matter anyway. But in the same way that some bands play second hand Throwdown riffs and rap about being "better than you" and debate whether cockiness is still cockiness if you know that you are justified in your cockiness because they enjoy doing so and some other people also enjoy it, I think in the way I do because it satisfies me to do so and some other people enjoy reading the opinions of others.

Where did I say anything about the techiness of the music? I love plenty of bands who have next to no technical ability; but they do have other qualities that I value when listening to music; such as passion, innovation or an agenda based on something more than conceitedness.

I've been to enough "shows" (as they're called by their attendees) featuring bands of this ilk to know what I'm talking about, and made my judgement about "tough- guy" knuckle- dragging lowest common denominator "hardcore" long ago.

p.s. Yes; music is a form of art. Well done. But art is constantly innovating and exploring new ground, and that fact renders your comparison as well as your "theres nothing new under the sun" point rather redundant.

That particular song I read somwhere after checking them out is actually personal to members of the band. You seem to take offence to them in everyway, what they wear, lyrically and the fact they play hardcore.

If people were to disect your band in such a way about how you play or look, I'm sure you would go thats their opinion im just having fun in my band, thats how I dress, thats what I play... right? Music is always going to get critisced because everyone has their own taste. If you can understand a band is having fun and they are doing what they do purely for themselves then why criticise and waste time on a music forum about it... If you believe the band is an abomination to music then discuss away... but you can't change peoples minds and certainly your not going to change much else.

If people were to disect your band in such a way about how you play or look, I'm sure you would go thats their opinion im just having fun in my band, thats how I dress, thats what I play... right? Music is always going to get critisced because everyone has their own taste. If you can understand a band is having fun and they are doing what they do purely for themselves then why criticise and waste time on a music forum about it... If you believe the band is an abomination to music then discuss away... but you can't change peoples minds and certainly your not going to change much else.

That is pretty much exactly what I answered in my last post. Allow me to be clear; this is a music discussion forum. This band, TRC, play music. People are discussing their music. I am one of these people. I am not trying to change the band, change your mind or change anything else. I am merely discussing the music that this band produces.

I clearly do believe that TRC are not a very good band, as discussed above. I don't at all have a problem with what they wear; I also don't think it makes you a "chav" to wear a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, as it happens. However, I do think that in this case it's being used as a gimmick.

• Upvote 2