aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I'm the same......I watched the match assuming I'd see some world-class skills on display, and was disappointed (apart from the goal). I know the defending from Inter was of the highest order, but the game was average. Plus, according to the commentary team, not one of Inter's starting ll was Italian.

I wanted both teams to lose (same as for Old-Firm games).

On the 75th minute, I said they should play Pique upfront. It took a whole 5 minutes for Pep, the ignorant twat, to take note of this and actually do it. It took another 5 minutes for him to score, by which it was too late. If it were me, we'd have been in the final. I've got your number Pep.

I'm the same......I watched the match assuming I'd see some world-class skills on display, and was disappointed (apart from the goal). I know the defending from Inter was of the highest order, but the game was average. Plus, according to the commentary team, not one of Inter's starting ll was Italian.

I wanted both teams to lose (same as for Old-Firm games).

A huge deal is being made about this, yet no one is really bothered that Arsenal's starting line up is 100% non-English too, unless Theo Walcott plays, who isn't a guarenteed starter these days anyway.

I'm quite sick of the Barcelona love-in too. Everyone on the planet bums them to death. Yes, they are a fantastic side and certainly a very entertaining one to watch, but they're not untouchable demigods and last night proved that, with the right tactics, they can be shut-out of a game.

Mourinho is brilliant. I love him. Barcelona had 86% of the possession last night, and over the two legs they completed 999 more passes than Inter (1372 to 373), and still they didn't win. Praising Mourinho's tactical nous is clich at times but he got it absolutely spot-on last night. Barcelona excel when they're allowed to play in the gaps between banks of players, but they just couldn't do that. There was no room whatsoever for Barcelona to exploit, and while the likes of Xavi had plenty of time on the ball, they created next to nothing all night.

Nice show of sportsmanship at the end by Barcelona to turn the sprinklers on while Inter were still celebrating on the pitch. Bitter cunts.

I don't think there's anything wrong with loving Barcalona. They play a different way to to the majority of teams, whereby the almost refuse to cross the ball in, proven by every corner they get being a short one. It's all fast paced one-two's and through balls, like playing a game of Pro Evo. It's sometimes ridiculous to watch, and a refreshing change from the long ball to the target man, and sheilding it for a bit. They also humbled Man United, and nobody likes Man United, so perhaps that is also a factor.

Guest idol_wild

I fucking love teams who set up with total organisation and hit the flanks when they counter. Which is why I also despise Barcelona. Fuck all that slick shit, the beauty of football is seeing people winning when they are unexpected to.

Fuck you Barcelona, you bunch of cheating, poncey, ostentatious bellzers.

Jose did your lot last night.

I hate how everyone sucks off barcelona, and I don't understand how people (more everyone on facebook as opposed to people here) can have such strong feelings for a team they have never seen play in the flesh

i've travelled to camp nou to watch barca play, so i;m clearly exempt from this critisism. i love the city, i think that's why i started following them really.

but i think part of the appeal is the no-shirt-sponsor thing. plus they have the coolest strip in world fitball.

Thoroughly deserved for Fulham. I don't think they'll win it, whether they face Liverpool or Atletico, but I really hope they do. Reading football forums during the ga,e it seems that just about every football fan in the country was behind them to win. What a great club.

It's always a bit strange when American players get interviewed post-match, like Dempsey did. I keep thinking they're going to talk about batting averages. Still, I bet he's chuffed to be going to the Europa Bowl.

fulham are one of those clubs people dont hate with a passion like they do the bigger clubs so for once in a european final they will literally have the whole country behind them apart from possibly some chelsea fans as i think they have a rivalry. great effort from them and they've beaten some notable teams en route! always thought hodgson deserved a crack at the england gig but it probably wont happen now.