aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Anyone else getting vaguely eager for the first bit of the McLeish report on Monday?

Crossing my fingers that it's not a complete whitewash, and actually takes prisoners (just a shame the second, more important part doesn't come until after the summer, fucking clever that one o_O.....)

Anyone else getting vaguely eager for the first bit of the McLeish report on Monday?

Crossing my fingers that it's not a complete whitewash, and actually takes prisoners (just a shame the second, more important part doesn't come until after the summer, fucking clever that one o_O.....)

I'm very interested in reading this, indications are it is going to be quite scathing and brutally honest. Really though, it is obvious Scottish football needs a shake up without the need of a warts and all report. Unfortunately I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is little change out of it with the blazers at the governing bodies unwilling to relinquish their power, which was a rumoured reason contributing to Gordon Smith's departure.

Some fans have started a petition to get James Richardson the MOTD2 job now that Chiles has grumped off to GMTV:

James Richardson for MOTD2 - Petition Spot

This is something that would greatly please anyone who spent as much time as I did watching Football Italia in the 90s.

I fully support this, he is fantastic.

I think Colin Murray is a twat.

I also hate Dixon and Keown.

But Motd2 is just what i want to see of the premiership (with occasionally a live match on sky sports if it's a decent fixture), nicely condensed highlights of all weekends fixtures, only grumble is them showing the scores of Saturdays games before they show you the clips, it's good that they do tend to use motd commentary rather than the "this game finished, 1-1, here's the first goal" etc before you see action.

..and the winner is Colin Murray.

That works for me, I like him on Fighting Talk and he's decent enough with the material he's given on Five. Best of all, he's not Tim Lovejoy, I don't think I could have coped with that.

Christ, I didn't realise Lovejoy was in the running. That would have been the end of my interest in football forever. MOTD2 would have morphed into MOTD's wackier, louder younger brother. Naked ladies. Slightly racist sketches. Unbelievable tekkers. My disdain for Soccer AM is atronomical, and he is quite responsible for that. I just don't want him near football.

Imagine his analysis after the highlight reel. "Coley's just given him the meggers there. Boomting!"

Christ, I didn't realise Lovejoy was in the running. That would have been the end of my interest in football forever. MOTD2 would have morphed into MOTD's wackier, louder younger brother. Naked ladies. Slightly racist sketches. Unbelievable tekkers. My disdain for Soccer AM is atronomical, and he is quite responsible for that. I just don't want him near football.

Imagine his analysis after the highlight reel. "Coley's just given him the meggers there. Boomting!"

You should watch Something For The Weekend. Lovejoy is all grown up!

He doesn't know anything about football, he's like a black hole for analysis.

Amusing Tim Lovejoy pisstake - The Football Ramble, Read our blogs for up to date news and info on the show and the world of football

Look at Barcelona. Every lazy, arm chair fan proclaims them to be brilliant just because they keep easily winning everything. Not I. Ive long been of the opinion that theyre overrated and that they only employ the diversity in their game to hide the fact that they only have one style of play. Inter Milan proved me right on Tuesday when they dispelled the myth of the Matalans.