aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Bayern v Man U / Lyon v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v CSKA / Arsenal v Barcelona

Arsenal against Barca will be tasty and then the semi on that side of the draw assuming Inter progress. Think that is a good draw for Man U but still tricky ties. Bayern will be difficult and either of the French sides, Lyon in particular, are going to pose a serious threat. On Man U's current form though those teams won't look forward to playing them.

Looks like people on soccerball forums have remembered that Messi exists because he was on ITV last night and he scored a couple of goals. Rooney is no longer the second coming of jesus now, at least until he plays alright against Liverpool at the weekend. If he poaches a lucky tap in, then he'll be the white Pele once more.

I was at my wife's folks last Sunday afternoon and her old man declared Rooney the best player in the world at the moment.

I'm pretty football clueless but a big part of me really hopes that the world hasn't become such that someone who looks like a potato and s**gs prostitute grannies isn't the best the footballing world has to offer.

Bayern v Man U / Lyon v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v CSKA / Arsenal v Barcelona

Arsenal against Barca will be tasty and then the semi on that side of the draw assuming Inter progress. Think that is a good draw for Man U but still tricky ties. Bayern will be difficult and either of the French sides, Lyon in particular, are going to pose a serious threat. On Man U's current form though those teams won't look forward to playing them.

They will be good games, but regardless, I think that is Arsenal most definitely out. But I could be wrong.

I really do hope CSKA make it all the way to the final. They've got to get past Inter and then either Arsenal or Barca, so it is extremely unlikely, but it would be great. Krasic is incredible. He certainly deservs to be playing at such a high level. If they don't reach the final, then he'll definitely be off in the summer.

TeamTalk is a pretty shitty site, though. Their "journalists" amuse me.

It really is. It's the only Football news website I can get on at work though. I love the "banter" in the comments below every post. By love, I mean detest. There's so much shite which just doesn't consistent as a news bulletin, but gets posted as a whole article. Usually its Michael Carrick, speaking to MUTV, saying something pointlessly obvious like "We must keep winning football matches, otherwise the other teams will win these football matches, and will overtake us in the league table, and that is bad. Very bad. We must be better at football, and win the football with more betterness"

Because Arsenal and Man Utd aren't English football teams? Why do you care?

No, because both teams still have two rounds to get through, including some very tricky matches, and already the press are talking about the prospect of an all-English final. I just find it a bit arrogant.

I'm not one of these anti-English types, I find all that a frightful bore. I support the England team in all their endevaours, and I support the English sides in Europe. I just find it a bit irritating that the media seems to expect the English sides to win everything and when they get all smug about how great the Premiership is.

if you hate dean saunders for any reason, should cambridge rape wrexham tomorrow afternoon then he should be getting sacked. the wrexham massive despise him with vengence!

as for the champions 2nd placed 3rd and even 4th place "league" well I reckon it would be ace if CSKA Moscow just went and won it! That would confuse ITV.