aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I like Bougherra. Him and Mendes are thoroughly decent footballers. I feel rotten praising a Rangers player or two. In my defence, Bougherra used to play for Wednesday. We nicked him from Crewe for a measly 300k, and sold him on for 2.5million, to Charlton. No idea where they got that sort of cash from, but a tidy bit of business. Still, we shouldn't have ever let him go. Best player we've had since Di Canio.

Come back, Boogie!

BBC Sport - Celtic's Brown sees red in derby

I'm probably being a typical paranoid Celtic fan, but I just can't get over this incident.

You were playing with 10 men before he got sent off anyway! I didn't notice McGeady on the pitch at all. At least Samaras got himself about a wee bit.

The ref made some poor decisions, but league titles aren't just won and lost in Old Firm games.

I do however have an unexplained massive bruise to my shin. Must've been all the celebrating!!! :up:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yeah, and that Brown / Lafferty tussle would have happened about 8 times every 10 minutes with nobody batting an eyelid. The players used to get properly fired up. Remember Di Canio starting on Ian Ferguson? Good move Paulo.

Fuck me - imagine a player of Di Canio's quality playing for Celtic. Where the fuck did it all go wrong?

Here's a wee anecdote I have about Paolo Di Canio.

It was like, the 2002/2003 season, I think, and we had just watched Aberdeen draw with Celtic in an intense game. I go upstairs to the lounge afterwards to see if I can get a few autographs as the man of the match ball was being awarded to Hicham Zeroauli. As I stand around, waiting patiently, I notice a big group of drunk guys, in the middle of which is Paolo Di Canio. The group was chanting his name, and he was the centre of attention, but outside of this clique of suited up sicophants, no one in the room seemed to recognise one of the great premiership strikers was in the Pittodrie conference room.

Needless to say, I found this totally surreal but it was definitely 100% him. Not sure if anyone seemed to notice at all. As Hicham went up to pick up his MOTM award, Paolo leaned over to him, stopping him in his tracks, and quite calmy leaned in to his face and proclaimed "Wanker!"- it was fucking hilarious.

Guest Gladstone
You were playing with 10 men before he got sent off anyway! I didn't notice McGeady on the pitch at all. At least Samaras got himself about a wee bit.

The ref made some poor decisions, but league titles aren't just won and lost in Old Firm games.

I do however have an unexplained massive bruise to my shin. Must've been all the celebrating!!! :up:

I wasn't saying the league title was won or lost on Sunday - it was won by Rangers being consistent throughout most of the season and beating everyone put in front of them, and lost by Celtic's amazing ability to concede stupid goals, and inability early on to convert chances!

I don't buy into all this conspiracy bollocks at all. Celtic are probably going to get a bit of a rough ride from the referees for a wee while after the wee stunt last week, trying to unsettle the referee for Sunday's match - that was a really stupid idea.

On some chat boards elsewhere, there are Celtic fans listing all the decisions that have gone against us this season and counting up all the points we would have had and Rangers wouldn't have had etc etc. But it's all a load of shite, if we were anywhere near good enough, we'd have won this league. Rangers are a decent, well organised side, who are difficult to beat, and they've got the best goal scorer the league has seen for years, but there's nothing special about them, and Celtic have won the league against better Rangers teams in the past.

Here's a wee anecdote I have about Paolo Di Canio.

It was like, the 2002/2003 season, I think, and we had just watched Aberdeen draw with Celtic in an intense game. I go upstairs to the lounge afterwards to see if I can get a few autographs as the man of the match ball was being awarded to Hicham Zeroauli. As I stand around, waiting patiently, I notice a big group of drunk guys, in the middle of which is Paolo Di Canio. The group was chanting his name, and he was the centre of attention, but outside of this clique of suited up sicophants, no one in the room seemed to recognise one of the great premiership strikers was in the Pittodrie conference room.

Needless to say, I found this totally surreal but it was definitely 100% him. Not sure if anyone seemed to notice at all. As Hicham went up to pick up his MOTM award, Paolo leaned over to him, stopping him in his tracks, and quite calmy leaned in to his face and proclaimed "Wanker!"- it was fucking hilarious.

It was not that season as Zerouali left July 2002. It was not the season before because we didn't draw with Celtic. I'm sorry, but I'm calling this shite.

Any Nazi may be forgiven if they can outside of the foot scissor volley across the keeper into the far post. That's the law.

... Aw man, even this thread's not immune to the hitler theory.

The guy is a Fascist though, he admits it himself. That's by the by though, he's still a good footballer. Oh, wait, this reeks of a footballer being a public hate figure but still appreciated for his footballing ability. We can't have that now can we. He is officially shit and his name shall never be spoken again! ;)

The guy is a Fascist though, he admits it himself. That's by the by though, he's still a good footballer. Oh, wait, this reeks of a footballer being a public hate figure but still appreciated for his footballing ability. We can't have that now can we. He is officially shit and his name shall never be spoken again! ;)

He's not English, it doesn't count.

Anyway, what you can't see is the giant bag of jelly babies dangling from a fishing rod just out of his reach. That's why he's so annoyed, he loves the jelly babies.

So, Sepp Blatter is speaking with the Field Hockey association, as he considers scrapping the offside rule in favour of a more entertaining spectacle, as Field Hockey did the same in 1998. That reads like it should be in some sort of Budweiser EXTRA TIME MULTI-BALL advert, but apparently it is actually true. Sounds ridiculous. The dynamics in which the game are played will have to be completely reinvented. Defences are disciplined to trap straying attackers and to stay in a robust line. It would be an absolute free-for-all if offside was to be scrapped, and Jermaine Defoe would become the most saught after player on the planet. I think it would rid the game of its physical aspect, and there would be much more of a reliance on pace, and, erm... standing around in your opponents 6 yard box.

Andy Gray would need to generate a plethora of terms of praise. No longer can he comment on a certain someone being the best in the world at bending his run. "This lad is the best in the world at pottering about in the penalty area, waiting for that long ball, so he can tap it in. World class". Then he'd draw on the screen just exactly where he ran around in the box.

It'd be shite. A huge part of the intelligence footballers require would be obsolete. It'd just dumb the game down. God, it's just stupid. This just really can't happen. It can't. Blatter is a pisswig.

It was not that season as Zerouali left July 2002. It was not the season before because we didn't draw with Celtic. I'm sorry, but I'm calling this shite.

I may have gotten the result wrong- we might have lost or even won, seeing as Aberdeen players always won man of the match regardless of the result (usually). I was around about ten so maybe you'll forgive me that. It isn't "shite", right mate?

So, Sepp Blatter is speaking with the Field Hockey association, as he considers scrapping the offside rule in favour of a more entertaining spectacle, as Field Hockey did the same in 1998. That reads like it should be in some sort of Budweiser EXTRA TIME MULTI-BALL advert, but apparently it is actually true. Sounds ridiculous. The dynamics in which the game are played will have to be completely reinvented. Defences are disciplined to trap straying attackers and to stay in a robust line. It would be an absolute free-for-all if offside was to be scrapped, and Jermaine Defoe would become the most saught after player on the planet. I think it would rid the game of its physical aspect, and there would be much more of a reliance on pace, and, erm... standing around in your opponents 6 yard box.

Andy Gray would need to generate a plethora of terms of praise. No longer can he comment on a certain someone being the best in the world at bending his run. "This lad is the best in the world at pottering about in the penalty area, waiting for that long ball, so he can tap it in. World class". Then he'd draw on the screen just exactly where he ran around in the box.

It'd be shite. A huge part of the intelligence footballers require would be obsolete. It'd just dumb the game down. God, it's just stupid. This just really can't happen. It can't. Blatter is a pisswig.

I bet Sam Allardyce is rubbing his hands together and slavering out of his big fat mouth after hearing this news. Absolutely terrible idea. The game would devolve to goalkeepers punting 90 yard passes up to two massive bastard target men who'd never leave the 6 yard box. Teams would have to leave 2-3 men back at all times just to counter them. Gads min.

Removing the offside rule is not the answer, people just need to suck it up and accept that referees and linesmen make mistakes sometimes.

I wasn't saying the league title was won or lost on Sunday - it was won by Rangers being consistent throughout most of the season and beating everyone put in front of them, and lost by Celtic's amazing ability to concede stupid goals, and inability early on to convert chances!

On some chat boards elsewhere, there are Celtic fans listing all the decisions that have gone against us this season and counting up all the points we would have had and Rangers wouldn't have had etc etc. But it's all a load of shite, if we were anywhere near good enough, we'd have won this league. Rangers are a decent, well organised side, who are difficult to beat, and they've got the best goal scorer the league has seen for years, but there's nothing special about them, and Celtic have won the league against better Rangers teams in the past.

I wasn't saying that you had said the league was won or lost on Sunday. Lol.

You're probably the only Celtic fan I've heard have a rational view. Some of the radio phone ins are just becoming silly!

Every team this season has had dodgy decisions!

There's definitely nothing special about Rangers, but when Walter Smith came back he knew what he needed to sort, and getting the core of the team stablised he's managed to get some consistency from them!

Problem with the offside rule is that it is literally physically impossible for the linesman to be looking at two different places at the exact same time.

Unless the linesman is Marty Feldman.

Or Marty McFly. He can be in several places at the same time, as seen in BTTF2 when he is playing "Earth Angel" on stage while simultaneously hiding under a table.