aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I quite like Inter Milan. They're not scared to make a challenge! It's awfully fire-y.

It's a proper rough game and the ref's let quite a lot go. I'm surprised there's not been a fight yet.

Jaaaay Teeeee let 'iz footbawl do thuh taaawkin' once again by doing a brilliant Charlie Mulgrew impression for Milito's goal.

And while I'm on the subject of centre backs, Walter Samuel is one of the last of a dying breed of dirty, hacking bastards. Great player. Him and Cambiasso are top class, which is why Maradona probably won't take them to the World Cup, being the coke-addled bam that he is. He'll probably leave otu Zanetti and Milito as well, just for good measure.

Guest Gladstone
Oh, and Bridge has quit international football. Based on this season, Baines and Warnock are easily capable of being second choice, and possibly even Lescott or Milner. No big loss. I hope Baines gets it. He's just silly good.

Is it just me that finds that fucking ridiculous?

John Terry nails Bridge's bird. Bridge being JT's best mate. And to avoid playing with him Bridge is the one that has to quit international football.

If Bridge had nailed JT's bird, guess who wouldn't be allowed to play for England anymore.

Fucking bastards.

It is a bit daft, but I guess if he doesn't want to line up with him, then it was his choice. I guess even if he didn't quit, what are his chances of even playing, if Cole returns to full fitness?

Anyone any idea who was co-commentationg the CSKA/Sevilla game last night? The main man went on to explain Jesus Navas' troubles with accute anxiety, and how its forced him to quit International football, although his rehabilitation means he's back in the running for the World Cup. The co-commentator just brushed it aside, saying he had "no sympathy" and should get on with it, because it's his profession. It made Mark Lawrenson seem like a gent. Christ. What a horrid thing to say. I wonder if he feels that way about all mental illness? Alzheimers? Pfft. Walk it off, gramps. Total prick.

Guest Gladstone

That's what's so fucking wrong with these morons that play professional football these days. It is just ALL about the money. John Terry, Ashley Cole et al just think they can please themselves all the fucking time. Poor fucking Wayne Bridge gets screwed over by his best mate, and the England set up, just because John Terry happens to be one of your best centre halves. The cunt should be made an example of, regardless of how good he is to prevent future first teamers acting like complete fucking wankers all the time.

A lesser example is the guys being let back into the Scotland team. Boyd and McCulloch being recalled after quitting the national side pisses me off. I'm a Scotland fan so find it difficult to not let Boyd back in the team because he's by far our best attacking threat, but he shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose what manager to play for. He should be made an example of too, along with McCulloch (who we really don't need), Ferguson and McGregor who pissed all over the Scotland team with their petulance/behaviour. Now they're getting let back in? They should be told to get to fuck, really they should, just to set an example to future generations. I know it won't happen, but until everyone starts making a stand against these fucking primadonnas, footballers will continue to act like a bunch of spoiled kids all the time, and chuck their toys oot the pram at every opportunity, and some twat will come along and pick the toys up and place them back in and give the footballer a fucking payrise for his trouble.

Dicks man. I'd give a fucking testicle to get paid to play professional football, and to represent Scotland? Both of them.

That's what's so fucking wrong with these morons that play professional football these days. It is just ALL about the money. John Terry, Ashley Cole et al just think they can please themselves all the fucking time. Poor fucking Wayne Bridge gets screwed over by his best mate, and the England set up, just because John Terry happens to be one of your best centre halves. The cunt should be made an example of, regardless of how good he is to prevent future first teamers acting like complete fucking wankers all the time.

A lesser example is the guys being let back into the Scotland team. Boyd and McCulloch being recalled after quitting the national side pisses me off. I'm a Scotland fan so find it difficult to not let Boyd back in the team because he's by far our best attacking threat, but he shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose what manager to play for. He should be made an example of too, along with McCulloch (who we really don't need), Ferguson and McGregor who pissed all over the Scotland team with their petulance/behaviour. Now they're getting let back in? They should be told to get to fuck, really they should, just to set an example to future generations. I know it won't happen, but until everyone starts making a stand against these fucking primadonnas, footballers will continue to act like a bunch of spoiled kids all the time, and chuck their toys oot the pram at every opportunity, and some twat will come along and pick the toys up and place them back in and give the footballer a fucking payrise for his trouble.

Dicks man. I'd give a fucking testicle to get paid to play professional football, and to represent Scotland? Both of them.

I don't agree at all. The term "professional" implies that they should be able to get on with their job regardless of problems outside their work. Do you really think that out of a squad of 25 players or so that all of them are BFFs? How many of your workmates would you lay your life down for? Christ, you might not even actually like the people you work with, but you should still be getting on with the job you're doing and being paid for.

Yes i feel sorry for Wayne Bridge and John Terry and Ashley Cole are cleary idiots but shit happens, people fall in and out of love, people do stupid things. If Joe Bloggs can carry on working when his workmate has been sleeping with his wife then i'm sure Wayne Bridge can.

If Joe Bloggs can carry on working when his workmate has been sleeping with his wife then i'm sure Wayne Bridge can.

I don't know if I could to be honest, not sure what would happen, would probably look for another job.

Sure as hell wouldn't take part in what amounts to an extra curricular activity outside of my main employment with the guy if I didn't have to.

Guest Gladstone
I don't agree at all. The term "professional" implies that they should be able to get on with their job regardless of problems outside their work. Do you really think that out of a squad of 25 players or so that all of them are BFFs? How many of your workmates would you lay your life down for? Christ, you might not even actually like the people you work with, but you should still be getting on with the job you're doing and being paid for.

Yes i feel sorry for Wayne Bridge and John Terry and Ashley Cole are cleary idiots but shit happens, people fall in and out of love, people do stupid things. If Joe Bloggs can carry on working when his workmate has been sleeping with his wife then i'm sure Wayne Bridge can.

I know what you mean, and Wayne Bridge is getting on with his job with his employers. He's choosing not to be on the same "team" as John Terry by opting out of the England team that John Terry wasn't dropped for.

No matter how much we try and argue that "they're just doing a job", professional football is not the same as a normal job. It is in the limelight, and things like affairs with your mate's bird will land in the newspaper. John Terry was the captain of the England national side, which means he is looked up to by an awful lot of youngsters (and adults), and with that, he needs to carry a certain level of responsibility.

As for my example with the Scotland squad, the players didn't just do something extra-curricular, they walked out on the national side when we were shite. I've seen it happen many times before, but rather than be burdened with turning out for the tough times with the national side, and putting in the effort needed to try and turn the corner, they walk out on the team, and wait til a new coach is appointed, and decide that it might suit them to play now.

And if someone at my work shagged my wife, either he or I would have to get a new job. That's the truth.

I'm a Scotland fan so find it difficult to not let Boyd back in the team because he's by far our best attacking threat, but he shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose what manager to play for.

So if you didn't get on with your manager at work, and they kept giving you all the shit jobs, you would just accept it without bringing it up or looking for another job. It's easier to do at club level, as you can just ask for a transfer, but you can't really ask to transfer to another country, so ruling yourself out is unfortunately the only thing to do.

Guest Gladstone
So if you didn't get on with your manager at work, and they kept giving you all the shit jobs, you would just accept it without bringing it up or looking for another job. It's easier to do at club level, as you can just ask for a transfer, but you can't really ask to transfer to another country, so ruling yourself out is unfortunately the only thing to do.

I would try harder, and get myself noticed as a reliable member of staff to be trusted with better, higher level work.

Playing professional football is not the same fucking thing as turning up to an office and doing a 9 to 5. No matter how many times we try to tell ourselves it is. Kris Boyd gets paid thousands of pounds a week to score goals for Rangers, right? When on national duty, I think I'm right in saying he gets paid some extra cash for the privilege, though I've never quite understood it. He wasn't getting "given a shit job" to do - he was getting paid thousands of pounds to sit and watch football.

I'd take that if I'm honest.

Yes, he might be aggrieved at getting snubbed in favour of Iwelumo, but Boyd wasn't getting picked week in, week out by Smith at Rangers at the time (nor had he established himself as a first team regular since moving to Rangers), so why does he think he should automatically be in ahead of a guy scoring goals every week in the Championship? What he should have done, is kept plugging away at Rangers, getting himself into the first team, and scoring goals every week, like he is now.

Life is tough, you have to work for things, instead of getting handed them on a fucking plate all the time (which goes back to my original post about footballers getting it too fucking easy all the time).

I know what you mean, and Wayne Bridge is getting on with his job with his employers. He's choosing not to be on the same "team" as John Terry by opting out of the England team that John Terry wasn't dropped for.

No matter how much we try and argue that "they're just doing a job", professional football is not the same as a normal job. It is in the limelight, and things like affairs with your mate's bird will land in the newspaper. John Terry was the captain of the England national side, which means he is looked up to by an awful lot of youngsters (and adults), and with that, he needs to carry a certain level of responsibility.

As for my example with the Scotland squad, the players didn't just do something extra-curricular, they walked out on the national side when we were shite. I've seen it happen many times before, but rather than be burdened with turning out for the tough times with the national side, and putting in the effort needed to try and turn the corner, they walk out on the team, and wait til a new coach is appointed, and decide that it might suit them to play now.

And if someone at my work shagged my wife, either he or I would have to get a new job. That's the truth.

Why would John Terry get dropped? It's nothing to do with his ability as a footballer.

It's not John Terry's perogative to be a role model, his perogative is to be as good a footballer as he can (probably motivated by money as well, but who isn't). Whether or not people look up to him or not isn't his problem. There are plenty of "hate" figures in football regardless. It doesn't stop him from being paid for what he's good at.

The British publics proclivity for being overly interested in the lives of other people is sick and stupid.

Yes, you probably would but it isn't a given. Even so changing jobs isn't the end of the world either. It's your choice.

We don't know the full ins and outs of the whole Terry/Bridge thing so who are we to judge?

I don't think Terry should be made an example of any further, because what he did had nothing to do with football really. I think losing the captaincy is enough, as he's shown he's not capable of being a role model amongst a squad of players, of which Wayne Bridge was apart of, but that's it. I wouldn't get the sack if I did the dirty with someone elses missis, so I don't see why he should.

If players got sacked for being a bit of a prat in their free time, there'd only be Kalou and Ryan Giggs left. Everyone else would be in the naughty boys corner.