aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Gladstone

Celtic and Rangers are doing us so proud in Europe this season...

Saw most of the Celtic game last night, and looked a decent game actually. Celtic's inability to score a fucking goal seems to have ruined it for us last night. The Hamburg goal looked a bit too easy - far too much space right down the spine of our defence.

Ah well, that will be us punted out of the Europa Cup and Rangers out of the CL after the first round. So no excuses for whichever one loses the league.

On this form, the Premiership might just agree to have us, so they can have a new set of whipping boys...

Every football match in the world is just an extension/poor imitation of the Old Firm derby, don'tcha know?

Further to that, every conflict in the world actually stems from groups trying to emulate the Old Firm rivalry. No coincidence that there is blue in the Israeli flag and green and white horizontal stripes in the Palestinian one.

(OF fans have actually been known to wave these flags at each other)

Mon the shipyard!

Damn straight. Had a soft spot for them since seeing a Fife Cup match at EEP back in 2001. They had a small knot of about 15 fans there, and I've never laughed so much at a game in my life, they were relentlessly funny for the whole 90. Cuffed them 5-1, and they even had the cheek to take the lead...

:up:

Still 50/50 on whether i'm going to make the trip to Ayr tomorrow...

Do the trains have power supply units, that you can plug your laptop into? If I could get some work done whilst travelling it would be the clincher for a solid yes to travel.

I think you'd have to travel first class for plug priveledges.

Still 50/50 on whether i'm going to make the trip to Ayr tomorrow...

Do the trains have power supply units, that you can plug your laptop into? If I could get some work done whilst travelling it would be the clincher for a solid yes to travel.

The express trains as far as Glasgow would, though the local services going south I'm not sure.

I would go anyway because Somerset is supposed to be one of the best away days of the lot. I have to wait until December to find out.....

:up:

Dons 2 nil down, boooo. Can't imagine us being capable of scoring 2 or more goals in the same match so can probably already chalk this one up as a loss.

I was quite encouraged watching the Hearts game last week. Some excellent stuff from the young lads in particular. Why can we never build on a good performance with more of the same?

Remember this is a weakened Utd side. No Webster, Dixon, Wilkie. Pish.

The new firm (are people still calling it that? It's lost its pizazz in recent years) has always been an unpredictable fixture. Fourth place would have been nice, been showing some resillience recently and whilst not setting the world alight we've been proving to be a tricky team to beat. (i'm basing that on match reports only, not seen much dons action this season unfortunately)

Losing 1-0 to Donny Rovers at ht! Nightmare.

This is exactly why Chris Hughton shouldn't be appointed on a full-time basis. Fuck you, Ashley.

Hold the presses, Mikey! 2-1 full-time; Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan with a stoppage time winner.

Top of the league again. Thank fuck for that :up:.

I saw you in your spiffing new leather jacket (i assume). You were with an older guy and another bloke.

Haha, yeah I was. That was my Dad and my brother. Where were you?

Aberdeen should really do something about that away end though, it's fairly horrible and the open end faces the damn sea. They must know that's where the weather is going to come from.

Haha, yeah I was. That was my Dad and my brother. Where were you?

Aberdeen should really do something about that away end though, it's fairly horrible and the open end faces the damn sea. They must know that's where the weather is going to come from.

I was in the middle, you were heading down to the left when i saw you.

I think it's like that on purpose.

I was in the middle, you were heading down to the left when i saw you.

I think it's like that on purpose.

I would hope so. :]

Fair play to United today - you were the better team in every position. Our final ball was atrocious. Still not convinced about 4-3-3, especially in today's weather conditions.

Some cracking banter with the United fans across the fence too.

Probably, the good thing about when it's that small is that all our fans are crammed together, good atmosphere and lots of singing. Good day.

Aye i think we were making more noise than the cadavers sitting in the Home stands.

Anyone standing to the left of me in my row was fine as i was deflecting the wind and rain :(

It was good times indeed. I'll be at the game in March and i'm going to try and get down to Tannadice for a couple of games as well.

Aye i think we were making more noise than the cadavers sitting in the Home stands.

Anyone standing to the left of me in my row was fine as i was deflecting the wind and rain :(

It was good times indeed. I'll be at the game in March and i'm going to try and get down to Tannadice for a couple of games as well.

Do you just head down on your tod? By train?